PDA

View Full Version : OBDII Emissions Fail

drboom
April 17th, 2015, 12:18 AM
Hi All,
I'm new to the diesel world and EFILive. Bought an 06 lbz that had been modified - still has Edge stickers on it, but no chip; S&B intake and filter; 4" pipe with muffler and no cat and I don't know what else. I wasn't happy with mileage, so a co-worker suggested getting an ATP spd5 tune and AutoCal. That really worked great - boosted mileage by 30%. I didn't have any trouble with emissions testing in Salt Lake until this year when they stepped up testing and vigilance. They caught the missing cat and also the non-stock tune, so I got a new cat and reflashed the stock tune plus removed the spd and cable. I've run the Scan Tool (v7.5) to check on the stock tune and it shows that the engine misfire and egr flow system monitors are NOT SUPPORTED. According to the inspector who checked my records, those two should be supported and they supposedly were supported before I flashed in the spd5 tune. Is there any way to change those or something that I need to do or check on the truck that would make those show up as not supported?

drboom
April 17th, 2015, 01:17 PM
Nevermind. I decided to take it in for testing at the County station anyway just to see what happened and everything was fine.