PDA

View Full Version : NEW TIS Problems

killerbee
April 17th, 2015, 07:57 AM
Is anyone else aware of a work around for the newer limitations with TIS off board programming detection? Cannot program some modules now with the bosch flasher-pro.

GMC-2002-Dmax
April 17th, 2015, 08:17 AM
Flashing in the truck/car is your only workaround, oh and it has to be the correct truck/car to do it as well.

killerbee
April 17th, 2015, 08:19 AM
All modules Tony? This is a mess.

DURAtotheMAX
April 17th, 2015, 08:27 AM
What model year vehicles did they start imposing these limitations?

GMPX
April 17th, 2015, 08:52 AM
I think all CAN based vehicles.
You do have every right to complain to them as I did, but it will fall on deaf ears.

DURAtotheMAX
April 17th, 2015, 09:05 AM
LBZ still works on the bench...Ill try LMM in a bit.

MobileProg
April 17th, 2015, 10:00 AM
Ran into this on newer ECM's. Considering building something with an arduino and can shield super ghetto, just to properly respond to the polls TIS is making and let it proceed.

GMC-2002-Dmax
April 17th, 2015, 12:03 PM
All modules Tony? This is a mess.
Anything 2011 and up on the diesel side and a few of the newer gas ecms.

Luckliy I have an LML so I was not impacted.

killerbee
April 17th, 2015, 12:41 PM
Ran into this on newer ECM's. Considering building something with an arduino and can shield super ghetto, just to properly respond to the polls TIS is making and let it proceed.

You have an audience here. This is officially the biggest pain in my ass.

GMPX
April 17th, 2015, 12:53 PM
Two things need to change with TIS. Remember you are paying for this service, you have every right to complain to them.

1 - The off board programming check needs to go, I'm not sure what GM are trying to achieve with this.
2 - The override option to reprogram a controller even when the same software is detected needs to be added, how else can people return an ECM to stock?

FWIW the support for TIS seems to be handled by Hewlett Packard :shock:

DURAtotheMAX
April 18th, 2015, 02:53 AM
Ross is there any way you can sniff the bus while doing a TIS reflash, and see exactly what its doing to check for offboard programming? IE, is it polling certain modules and waiting for a response before it passes, etc?

In that case, I guess you could just setup a bench harness with a BCM and all that in place...