PDA

View Full Version : Unable to Open any E78 ctz file

joeygc5
April 19th, 2015, 11:10 AM

I've done the latest V7.5, V8, and firmware updates. I can read/write the e78 ECM all day long. I'm just unable to do anything with any e78 ctz files in V7.5 (180), as I get a warning message related to GM Cal reflashed, COS loading without initial ctz file, or attempting to load a COS.

If I open in 7.5 there are no parameters to inspect and only the VIN decoder/history/display box is able to scroll through tabs.

Any suggestions? LS1A/B, E38, E40 ecm's all work without issue.

GMPX
April 19th, 2015, 12:05 PM
Can you please post up one of the tunes are having issues with?

joeygc5
April 19th, 2015, 12:33 PM
Here is one file from today, above in original post. I've also tried opening up attached e78 files posted on the forum with th same end result.

joecar
April 19th, 2015, 01:19 PM
Here is one file from today, above in original post. I've also tried opening up attached e78 files posted on the forum with th same end result.No attachment...?

cindy@efilive
April 19th, 2015, 01:21 PM
The file you have attached is an operating system that is not yet supported.

When you open the file in V7, the below warning message is displayed to alert you that it's an Unrecognized PCM

The good news is, that OS has been mapped for support and is about to be sent to beta testers for validation. The time frame for public release is unknown, that will depend on feedback.

Cheers
Cindy

joeygc5
April 19th, 2015, 02:20 PM
The file you have attached is an operating system that is not yet supported.

When you open the file in V7, the below warning message is displayed to alert you that it's an Unrecognized PCM

The good news is, that OS has been mapped for support and is about to be sent to beta testers for validation. The time frame for public release is unknown, that will depend on feedback.

Cheers
Cindy

Thank you, and I understand this is yet to be released in Beta as I replied to the other e78 thread which talks about the truck ecm Beta release. However, I get this pop-up message even if trying to open Cruise or other supported e78 ctz files posted to the forum.

cindy@efilive
April 20th, 2015, 01:15 PM
I'm not sure which E78 files you tried to open. A number of users have posted unsupported files to our forum. The below is a list of supported operating systems that will open with the latest public release software.

Cheers
Cindy