PDA

View Full Version : Opinion

Gwoody
April 23rd, 2015, 10:46 AM
I want you guys to take a look at this tune and let me know what you think. This is for a full built 2.6 puller. I didn't write the tune but I am concerned about the timing. Not really the timing but the fuel split as it has as much as 57% fuel being injected before TDC. What do you think about that high of percentage going in before TDC?

Thanks

2007 5.9
April 23rd, 2015, 01:07 PM
5-things...

1. How many RPM is this "Full Built" truck supposed to turn?

2. Does the tune writer understand "Sensor Saturation"?

3. The timing your concerned about is fine

4. Does the tune writer understand the total timing they are calling for with regards to "Post Timing" still being active in the upper rpm range?

5. There are still a couple limiters that are going to hinder your fueling in the upper RPM areas

2007 5.9
April 23rd, 2015, 01:08 PM
And FWIW...on my pull tune with my Street Driven 2.6...I run near 80% BTDC timing...

Gwoody
April 23rd, 2015, 02:31 PM
#1 it will turn 5000 but not under load.
#2 not sure he does I'm not sure I do either, can you please explain?
#4 I noticed that he still had some post active, can you please comment on the results of doing so?
#5 can you tell us what limiters were missed in this tune?
Are you saying that in some areas you have 80% fuel split going in BTDC?
Thanks

2007 5.9
April 23rd, 2015, 02:35 PM
1. There is zero timing control in your tune for anything over 3500rpm...that needs to be fixed.

2. There is no point in commanding 200MPa when the stock sensor is maxed at 180MPa.

3. Running a post event at the rpm your looking to run, will be chasing the piston down and will likely be damaging.

4. There is a PID limiter in the rpm table that needs to be raised

5. Yes, on my truck I run near 80%BTDC in certain areas

SASDakota
April 23rd, 2015, 03:00 PM
5-things...

1. How many RPM is this "Full Built" truck supposed to turn?

2. Does the tune writer understand "Sensor Saturation"?

3. The timing your concerned about is fine

4. Does the tune writer understand the total timing they are calling for with regards to "Post Timing" still being active in the upper rpm range?

5. There are still a couple limiters that are going to hinder your fueling in the upper RPM areas

One thing I noticed is that post is "0" by pulse not qty. Odd to kill pilot by qty but post by pulse...

I'm not a sled puller though, can't offer too much assistance in the 5000rpm realm.

2007 5.9
April 23rd, 2015, 10:47 PM
One thing I noticed is that post is "0" by pulse not qty. Odd to kill pilot by qty but post by pulse...

I'm not a sled puller though, can't offer too much assistance in the 5000rpm realm.

Correct and unless its killed by pulse, mm3 and timing..the multipliers will still generate a value and a post event will occur.