PDA

View Full Version : New user question- v2 wont log/scan

496Stingray
April 26th, 2015, 05:35 AM
Question.
Everything I try to log my E78 PCM in v7.5 or v8.0 says Not Available.
From the reading I have done my understanding is this package does not offer live logging/scanning yet???

None of the PIDS are useable with my PCM they all say unsupported in either program.
The logging and real time do work with other PCMs it appears to just be a flat out lack of support for the E78 PCM. :-(

I have an LM2 dual channel dual wideband logger but its a far cry from what this software package is supposed to do.

Anyone???

thanks for the help..

cindy@efilive
April 26th, 2015, 11:27 AM
The attached user guide was specifically written for new Cummins users, but it's equally as applicable for you. I like this guide because it shows you pictures of the screens you will need to use. Page 10 details how to setup logging in V8 Scan and Tune, and page 13 details how to log in V7 Tune tool.

http://download.efilive.com/Tutorials/PDF/Cummins%205p9L%20CM849%20CSP5%20User%20Guide.pdf

Where the controller name is used, you will need to select E78. You will also need to select each PID from the available group, where Cummins EDA logging the user selects a group of PIDs.

Cheers
Cindy

joecar
April 26th, 2015, 11:28 AM
What V8 software build do you have installed...?

496Stingray
April 26th, 2015, 02:54 PM
Latest one downloaded today. 8.2.2.275 and v7.5.281
It will connect just no available PIDs
Also v8 when you click on start real time monitoring or recording the message displays "Option Not Available Yet!"

I have selected the E78 PCM every time as well (as you described above) but there are no supported PIDs for it.

496Stingray
April 28th, 2015, 05:34 AM
Since there has not been an answer what we are led to believe is EFI live does not yet have logging ability for the E78 ECM correct?

GMPX
April 28th, 2015, 11:09 AM
It does log E78's ok, try via V7.5 scantool using these steps.

File > Connect
Select ECM type as 'E78' and click ok.

At this point the software should go through and check all supported PID's for your ECM, if that doesn't happen then you can force it to do this using the 'validate PID's option which can be found here...

Info > Validate PID's.

Once that completes you should have a better selection of PID's under the "PID's" tab.

496Stingray
April 28th, 2015, 11:36 AM
GMPX thanks for the reply. I will repeat the info>validate PIDs procedure. The FILE>Connect , Select E78 ECM procedure results in no PIDs. It works flawlessly on other older ECMs such as the LS1b

Thanks again, I'll report back.

496Stingray
April 28th, 2015, 11:51 AM
GMPX, Thanks a MILLION! The force validation of the PIDs nailed it. Working like a champ thanks much!
Side note, will EFI Live allow any BCM control or progam function in the future? To add options on the trip computer message centers etc?

GMPX
April 28th, 2015, 01:20 PM
No sorry, no plans to do other modules. Glad the scantool is working now.