PDA

View Full Version : RR works on old but not new laptop

Hooter
April 26th, 2015, 02:46 PM
Can anyone help with this please
My Roadrunner still works on my old laptop, except I cant scan, because of updated software and now the old girl wont work with V2, however i can scan with my new laptop with V2, and tune with my old laptop.......
My new laptop works fine with everything else as far as tuning goes, and I have the same setting in Properties and everything else I can see and think of.
Any ideas anyone
All Com ports work on both laptops, but warning says no USB connection with RR on the new laptop.

limited cv8r
April 26th, 2015, 09:58 PM
Have you tried using it set up with a virtual com port instead of native usb? I have a couple of RR's.and the weird thing is one will only connect via a virtual com port setup, the other, native USB.

trimchip
April 27th, 2015, 10:32 PM
Try re innstalling the ftdi drivers. Make shure your shortcut opens the version you innstalled lately, and not the old one.

trimchip
April 27th, 2015, 10:34 PM
My pc often does not find it first time. Try to unplug and connect it again.

Hooter
May 11th, 2015, 01:29 PM
Thanks for replies guys, I tried all that, but still no go and comes up with warning "No Roadrunner USB device can be found"
One thing I remember before V8, was you had to enter the RR license or registration
I cant find that anywhere....
This laptop reads the Scan tool fine from the RR, and my old laptop still connects to RR and works fine, except i cant scan with it anymore because the V2 is updated with later versions
Its weird tuning with 2 laptops, although cool that you can scan on one and tune on the other at same time, but of course no realtime tracking....

trimchip
May 12th, 2015, 12:20 AM
Check under:

Help - Register EFI Live.

If you innstalled th SW on a new PC you have to fill in licence info for Flashscan unit and the RR.

IE two licences. One for the Flashscan and one for the RR.

limited cv8r
May 12th, 2015, 02:07 AM
Your license info is in - Documents/efilive/V7.5/user configuration/license.txt. I just usually copy/paste this to the same place on any other computers I am using. Saves having to manually enter all the license info.

Hooter
May 12th, 2015, 10:20 PM
Hi Guys, I checked the user config in both laptops and they are identical.....
I might try another laptop......