PDA

View Full Version : Autocal buying license

Russellb601
May 5th, 2015, 09:08 PM
I have a auto cal from a lmm that I sold I bought another lmm and wanting to program it so my questing is by buying a license will the auto cal already have the tunes installed or will I have to purchase new tunes

KhakiCummins
May 6th, 2015, 04:02 AM
You will need to purchase new tunes.

rfletes79
May 6th, 2015, 02:53 PM
Why would he need to purchase new tunes? The vin would be wrong but other then that it should work, right? And if you are still in communication with your original tuner then they could make the adjustment to your existing tune to fit your new truck (without purchasing a new tune).

cindy@efilive
May 6th, 2015, 03:02 PM
The tune file security parameters set by the Tuner will determine if the original tunes can be reused.

If the only security option enabled was to link the tune to an AutoCal, then it can be flashed into multiple vehicles on that AutoCal device provide licensing requirements are met (ie a VIN license is available for a second vehicle).

If security options such as restrictions to controller serial number or controller VIN is used, then in addition to device licensing requirements being met, the tune file also must match the security options selected.

Cheers
Cindy