PDA

View Full Version : Spark Wizards

purrvert
May 10th, 2006, 01:40 PM
What is the relationship between the Base Spark B5932 or Optimal timing table B5919 and the High Octane table B5913?

Also some of the multiplier tables, not necesarily spark, are 0, I can understand 1 or .5 but what does multyplying by 0 accomplish?

ringram
June 3rd, 2006, 10:13 AM
0 zeros the modifier as expected.
I think the Optimal timing table is used in calculations. Base spark is for idle and high octane is your normal driving table. At least thats how I understand things. Base spark has a lot more info than idle cells though so I guess it may apply out of gear in general.

Tordne
June 3rd, 2006, 11:18 AM
0 zeros the modifier as expected.
I think the Optimal timing table is used in calculations. Base spark is for idle and high octane is your normal driving table. At least thats how I understand things. Base spark has a lot more info than idle cells though so I guess it may apply out of gear in general.

The base spark tables are also used when the TP% is below the value of B5916, and below the speed of B5917.

A multiplier of 0 will basically not apply the advance or retard commanded in the referenced table. For example: Say you are in a cell in the B5911 table that has a value of -5*. If the multiplier in the B5943 table was 1 then -5* would be pulled from run spark. If the multiplier was .5 then -2.5* would be pulled. Well, if the multiplier is 0 then 0* will be retarded.

Hope that makes sense :)

Cheers,

purrvert
June 4th, 2006, 04:09 AM
The base spark tables are also used when the TP% is below the value of B5916, and below the speed of B5917.

A multiplier of 0 will basically not apply the advance or retard commanded in the referenced table. For example: Say you are in a cell in the B5911 table that has a value of -5*. If the multiplier in the B5943 table was 1 then -5* would be pulled from run spark. If the multiplier was .5 then -2.5* would be pulled. Well, if the multiplier is 0 then 0* will be retarded.

Cheers,

Thanks, it finally makes sense to me. :master:

Tordne
June 4th, 2006, 11:08 AM
That has been the hardest thing for me is to kind of make the mental relationships in my mind about all the tables. Just think about how many tables there are that can affect the airflow or spark advance, and then compound that by all the multiplier/scalar table. It is a pretty complex little system we are all "playing" with :eek:

joecar
June 5th, 2006, 03:14 AM
That has been the hardest thing for me is to kind of make the mental relationships in my mind about all the tables. Just think about how many tables there are that can affect the airflow or spark advance, and then compound that by all the multiplier/scalar table. It is a pretty complex little system we are all "playing" with :eek:It would be cool to have a "flow-diagram" showing the relationships among the various tables; 1x pic is worth Nx 1K words in this case.

Tordne
June 5th, 2006, 08:36 AM
It would be cool to have a "flow-diagram" showing the relationships among the various tables; 1x pic is worth Nx 1K words in this case.

I totally agree. That would be very cool! You'd need a damn big wall to pin it on, or it would have to be done in a 2pt font and require a magnifying glass to read :eek:.

ringram
June 5th, 2006, 09:14 AM
A brain map might work better, flowchat doesnt emphasize stuff as much. A map will add depth :) Like a 3d pic rather than flowchat 2d.

Black02SS
June 5th, 2006, 11:18 AM

Cheers,
Impressive explaination there. :) :cheers:

Tordne
June 5th, 2006, 12:05 PM
Impressive explaination there. :) :cheers:

Thanks mate, I have my uses. Sometimes :bash:

Black02SS
June 5th, 2006, 12:07 PM
Get online. I got a question for ya. :)

purrvert
June 5th, 2006, 10:05 PM
Get online. I got a question for ya. :)

I'm 130 miles offshore, internet sporatic. Flowchart is definatly needed. I know some of us, me included are tuning by trial and error. I've run into some brick walls, like active torque management at idle and I have no idea what triggers it.

Tordne
June 6th, 2006, 08:05 AM
I'm 130 miles offshore, internet sporatic. Flowchart is definatly needed. I know some of us, me included are tuning by trial and error. I've run into some brick walls, like active torque management at idle and I have no idea what triggers it.

Black02SS was meaning for me to come online BTW :)

What the hell are you doing 130 miles off shore anyway. You can't tune out there, can you?

I think all of us have learned by trial and error. Fortunately errors haven't been severe enough to wreck anything, yet :cheers:

purrvert
June 6th, 2006, 11:40 AM
Black02SS was meaning for me to come online BTW :)

What the hell are you doing 130 miles off shore anyway. You can't tune out there, can you?

I think all of us have learned by trial and error. Fortunately errors haven't been severe enough to wreck anything, yet :cheers:
Yes, I didn't think for a minute I had much to offer Chad.:cheers:

Work in oil exploration, somebody has to find it before we can burn it.

Am looking for some help with torque management DMA pids, but the resident DMA wizard is keeping a low profile.

"There are no stupid questions, but there are many inquisitive idiots."

Tordne
June 6th, 2006, 11:46 AM

Work in oil exploration, somebody has to find it before we can burn it.

Am looking for some help with torque management DMA pids, but the resident DMA wizard is keeping a low profile.

"There are no stupid questions, but there are may inquisitive idiots."

With a job that important you don't have time to be on the forums ;) Man petrol prices are really sad down in New Zealand, and even worse in the UK.

I think Paul is real busy trying to get the V2 firmware done and get that thing out the door.

I assume the DMA stuff is for an Auto, so sadly I probably can't help ya much :(

purrvert
June 6th, 2006, 12:02 PM
With a job that important you don't have time to be on the forums ;) Man petrol prices are really sad down in New Zealand, and even worse in the UK.

I think Paul is real busy trying to get the V2 firmware done and get that thing out the door.

I assume the DMA stuff is for an Auto, so sadly I probably can't help ya much :(

I take a break every twelve hours, needed or not. We are on day 400+ on a 27 day well, you would not believe how expensive it is to drill deep water oil wells.
Paul deferred to Ross on this one. M6 with very active torque management at idle and decel that does nothing too spark tables. Watching all the DMA pids. Would like to keep traction control active and tone down the rest. COS 2030003 running 1 bar.

Black02SS
June 6th, 2006, 12:05 PM

I learn from everyone here. Never think that you don't have anything to offer. Somtimes you take things for one thing when in reality they are something else you just didn't look hard enough. I have have been shown/explained many things before from guys just starting out. We all help each other in one way some time or another. :cheers:

joecar
June 6th, 2006, 12:31 PM
Great attitude. :cheers:

Tordne
June 6th, 2006, 02:55 PM
I learn from everyone here. Never think that you don't have anything to offer. Somtimes you take things for one thing when in reality they are something else you just didn't look hard enough. I have have been shown/explained many things before from guys just starting out. We all help each other in one way some time or another. :cheers:

Well said my friend... For sure we are all still learning!!!

I think the day that I stop learning, or thinking about various theories, is the day that tuning is no longer fun for me.