PDA

View Full Version : Custom os

Tinbender59
May 11th, 2015, 05:41 PM
Where in the blinking world do I find the Custom OS's, I have been every where and cant even get close. I don't understand why there isn't a link on EFI's home page? or do I need a "special magical decoder ring", :rotflmao: My current OS is 12212156

Or am just to slow to find it?? LOL

GMPX
May 11th, 2015, 05:55 PM
First up have a read over this tutorial...
http://download.efilive.com/Tutorials/PDF/Custom%20OS%20Upgrade%20Tutorial.pdf

The .tun files talked about in that document are stored here:
:\Users\YourPCUserName\Documents\EFILive\V7.5\Bins \Custom OS

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Ross

Tinbender59
May 11th, 2015, 06:38 PM
Thanks for the directions I R Smart - NOT!!! lol and yes i did read through it.

i am a hands on kind of guy so I needed to see what was being talked about.

RADustin
May 12th, 2015, 12:47 AM
I did the same at first. looked everywhere before I found them on my pc already. duh.

Ellwein Engines
January 24th, 2016, 10:01 AM
Thanks for making this thread by the way. The tutorial did not say where to find the custom OS and I did the same search through my files as you . You'd think they would be where EFI Live was stored on the PC. who would have thought they would be in user documents. ?????

GMPX
January 24th, 2016, 11:44 AM
From memory I think it was a permissions thing with Windows, on some users PC's Windows complains when all the security is set to high and users try to store tune files in the programs files directories. By defaulting to the 'user documents' Windows plays much nicer, quite common programs will be set up like this. Check where your Word documents are stored to by default. :sly:

joecar
January 24th, 2016, 11:31 PM
Yes, typically on a Windows system that's where any user files go, under the Documents tree...

tune and log and dash settings files are considered "documents".

Also, by being separate from the program files allows you to copy them to a USB stick a simple backup.