PDA

View Full Version : E92 C7 Reverse Idle speed

mowton
May 14th, 2015, 12:33 AM
Am I missing it or is there is no reverse idle speed table for the C7? I have it in my HPTuners package...

Thx,

Ed M

GMPX
May 14th, 2015, 08:23 AM
Well given you said it is in HPTuners I suppose it must exist. Would you like it added?

mowton
May 14th, 2015, 11:18 AM
That would be great Ross. Didnt think it would be an issue until a customer complained that going in reverse the rpms at idle decreased.....man I wish that was all I had to worry about :-)

Thanks again, now if you could add the Shift Torque factor/adder tables to adjust the TM in T43...life would be grand :-)

Ed M

GMPX
May 14th, 2015, 11:59 AM
Ed, it is always a struggle with the mountains of requests we have to add things vs time.

mowton
May 15th, 2015, 11:15 PM
Ross, I can appreciate the magnitude of trying to get "all things to all people" especially in this complicated and heavily engineering based business, but the fundamentals needed to tune the PCM/Tranny should be a part of the development road map from the onset. That being said, I can also appreciate the complexity in that undertaking. leaving out 1 of the 5 desired idle tables just seems like an oversight, but not including the Torque Management control for the T43 makes fine tuning the A6 setups very difficult and TM is a key element that we adjust to make our customers happy.

EFILive has provided elements that HPTuners has not so I am not saying this a systemic issue with the product, so I guess you could say I have the same opinion of their product.....to leave their customers without a VVE tuning capability is very bad as it effects every model year from 2006 and up....Thankfuly BlueCat was savvy enough and had the desire to release publicly, a support tool to give us this capability.

Thank you for your support and look forward to the new idle table.

Ed M

GMPX
May 16th, 2015, 06:31 AM
Thankfuly BlueCat was savvy enough and had the desire to release publicly, a support tool to give us this capability.
And why would we care about this Ed? Why should EFILive care what one of HPT's users has done to enhance their software for you?
Seems all you want to do is telling us everything HPT has that we don't, if you have HPT (you said you do) and use it I'm not sure what we are trying to achieve here. Have I taken everything you are saying the wrong way?

mowton
May 16th, 2015, 07:00 AM
And why would we care about this Ed? Why should EFILive care what one of HPT's users has done to enhance their software for you?
Seems all you want to do is telling us everything HPT has that we don't, if you have HPT (you said you do) and use it I'm not sure what we are trying to achieve here. Have I taken everything you are saying the wrong way?

Ross,

It was in no way my intention to go against EFI Live or sell HPTuners....I was merely showing that in both camps (which I use both) there are pluses and minuses....actually I was trying to show that HPTuner completely ignored the VVE trend for its users which is a key tuning element to all 2006 vehicles and up ......nothing else my friend.

Please, no hard feelings, I love your product as well and am not the only one looking for T43 TM.

Ed M

Redline Motorsports
May 16th, 2015, 01:06 PM

Ed.....just tell that what you want...its a sensitive subject on both sides.....both company's pull there hair out daily! LOL! We all struggle with all this..... as a shop who's moves a lot of vehicles with crazy builds and high calibration demands I've just come to terms in accepting this is how it is. Either way its a stress side of the industry..

I see Ross's attitude as nobody wants to hear about how the competition does things on an open forum....unfortunately typing it also misconstrues the true meaning...

You guys should meet up at PRI and have an ice cream cone...

HT

mowton
May 17th, 2015, 01:49 AM
I guess you are right Howard...in hind sight I probably shouldnt have written the post, other than ask for the reverse idle table but didnt seem to me to be disrespectful or pro one cable to another at the time. Actually if you think about it, it is much easier to work around T43 TM then it would be if there wasn't a VVE coefficient generation tool so I'd say the other guy let us down alot more.

Hope all is well. Loved the Dubai trip, great video and following the Z28 development...looking good.

Ed M

Road
May 17th, 2015, 02:40 AM
With all due respect:

Tuning software is just another tool in the tool box sound like you have the tools in your tool box. Pass the price on to your customer and no one will be let down.

Mike

mowton
May 17th, 2015, 03:38 AM
With all due respect:

Tuning software is just another tool in the tool box sound like you have the tools in your tool box. Pass the price on to your customer and no one will be let down.

Mike

Ugh?

Ed M