PDA

View Full Version : 12606807 OS and B6614 Problem

rpidelt
May 11th, 2006, 06:28 AM
I had Jesse write a tune for a 2005 5.3L 1500 Silverado running the 12606807 operating system. When I downloaded it the truck would not go over 1200rpm or so and about 20mph. It felt like it was limiting torque to zero or something awful close. If I change the B6614, Mas Torque by RPM, table back to stock and leave everything else the way Jesse set it up everything is fine. Except normal torque management is active. Jesse had it set to 640 across the board, I also tried 450 across the board and it still limited rpms to about 1200:nixweiss: . So far no one can explain this. Anyone else had the same problem or of know of a cure? I don't want to post the complete tune file unless Jesse OKs it since it is his intellectual property.

Regards,
Jaime

rpidelt
May 25th, 2006, 07:14 AM
So no one else has had any trouble removing torque management on the 2606807 operating sytem?????:help2:

BTW, It is a 2006 not 2005 as I stated earlier.

ringram
May 25th, 2006, 07:24 AM
Ask Jessie, Im sure he will sort you out.

rpidelt
May 25th, 2006, 07:33 AM
I've spoke with Jesse about and also emailed Paul and Ross about this issue. It has been over a month and none of them have any answers. They were able to help me narrow it down to the B6614 table but that's it. They suggested using this forum for help.

So once again has anyone eliminated torque management on a 2006 Silverado running the 2606807 operating system??

Regards,
Jaime

GMPX
May 25th, 2006, 11:51 AM
I will be catching up with Jesse in a few days, we will have a talk about it.

Cheers,
Ross

rpidelt
June 7th, 2006, 01:31 PM
OK I have an update. I finally had some time to experiment and I found something interesting. If I reduce the values in the B6614 the truck performs better and has reduced torque limiting. I thought that raising the values would reduce the torque limiting not lowering. Sooo am I backwards or is there a small glitch in the software with this table???? At least I found a way to reduce the torque managment:)

Regards,
Jaime

rpidelt
June 21st, 2006, 05:02 AM
Ross, Jesse, any comments?????

technical
July 13th, 2006, 02:00 PM
I was just messing with this table. I put the max value in each cell and the truck wouldn't move. I then reverted back only this table and everthing was fine. Then I reduced the values all to 150 and the truck was a different animal all together. This is on a stock '06 2500HD 6.0 4L80E.

It would appear that the values are indirectly proportionate to the desired result just as you suggested.

rpidelt
July 13th, 2006, 02:20 PM
Thanks for backin' me up! I really thought I was goin' nuts :Eyecrazy: cause it seemed I was the only one who ever had this problem. I think I ended up just lower the entire table by a percentage and the truck seems to run nicely.

Regards,
Jaime

ssilverado60
July 24th, 2007, 04:29 PM
I know this is an old thread but I just went through the same issues. I think there is a bug in the software. Whenever I raised the torque numbers the truck would lose power and the throttle was limited in its opening. So i zero'd out the table and now its good. Hopefully this can get fixed eventually

wait4me
July 25th, 2007, 02:56 AM
It isnt a flaw in the software. It is a flaw in the operating system of the vehicles computer. 2006 up vehicles respond backwards. We have to remember, these are man made computers and will have mistakes/flaws. Our job is to fix the mistakes and make it run better.

As with any tables, if you play with them, and something works for you in a different way on one specific os and different on another, that is just part of the game.

One example of what im saying is, in some operating systems, i can make one single specific change in a huge table on a truck and it will stay at wide open throttle untill they hit the brakes. It is just a flaw in the os..... NOT in efilive..

Maggie
July 25th, 2007, 11:20 AM
It isnt a flaw in the software. It is a flaw in the operating system of the vehicles computer. 2006 up vehicles respond backwards. We have to remember, these are man made computers and will have mistakes/flaws. Our job is to fix the mistakes and make it run better.

As with any tables, if you play with them, and something works for you in a different way on one specific os and different on another, that is just part of the game.

One example of what im saying is, in some operating systems, i can make one single specific change in a huge table on a truck and it will stay at wide open throttle untill they hit the brakes. It is just a flaw in the os..... NOT in efilive..

Yea, I can't help but wonder if some of these "mistakes/flaws" & other software oops & ugh-ohs are put in by some deranged OEM programer!...
Some OEM Programer/engineer is probably reading this thread now and going :muahaha: