PDA

View Full Version : Looking for 100% verification on compatibility.

2kwik4u
May 12th, 2006, 05:19 AM
Hello everyone,

I'm looking into purchasing EFILive in the next few weeks, and want to get a 100% confirmation that it can perform the tasks I intend to use it for. I've been reading around here for a few days after a good friend of mine referrred me to this site (Thanks Todd).

There are three major items that I want to verify, the first two being the easiest, the third not so much.

1. I recently purchased an '04 S10 ZR5. This is a 4dr 4wd 4.3L powerd truck. I'm wanting to put a decent tune on it, and remove some of the torque management. So far everything I have read says this is 100% possible.

2. My roomate has an '02 S10 Xtreme, again powerd by the 4.3L V6. He is wanting the same thing as I have intended for the ZR5. A decent tune, and some torque management removal. Again I'm 99.9% sure this is not a problem.

3a. My other vehicle is a '00 S10 Xtreme. I'm going to be swapping to a 4.3L this winter, and then next winter I'm intending to add a turbo. The first part concerning Flashscan is to be able to disable the VATS on the new 4.3 PCM that I'll source with the motor. I want to be able to tune this truck as well, and insure I can flash the PCM to get it up and running NA for next summer. Can I take a computer that came with from a truck with a 4L60E, and flash in an OS from a 5spd truck? Is it possible to disable the VATS, as well as have the PCM "relearn" the BCM, and make everything "happy and working" again?

3b. The second part is the ability to apply a custom OS to this PCM so I can use the 3 bar support to tune the turbo system the following summer. I have yet to read anywhere of someone doing this, so I'm foggy on if it will work or not.....

The last two are the true reasons for acquiring the software, the first two are just icing on the cake.

Thanks in advance for any/all help, I look forward to hearing the responses.

Mike

Doc
May 12th, 2006, 09:12 AM
I am kinda new here so somebody can correct me if I am mistaken but I am pretty sure EFI Live only currently supports LS1/LS6 based PCM or Duramax LB7/LLY PCM vehicles.

wait4me
May 12th, 2006, 11:05 AM
Yes we support them!

If you buy your EFILive cable thru me or Efilive direct, I will set you up with starter tunes for your applications. They are very fun to mess with. :)

As for any street rod application, you can do any combo that is supported. :)

Doc
May 12th, 2006, 01:35 PM
kewl, didn't know that. Thanks Jes

kbracing96
May 12th, 2006, 01:45 PM
Then how come S-10 and 4.3 are NOT listed here???

http://www.efilive.com/faq_support.aspx

wait4me
May 12th, 2006, 01:52 PM
12212156 Is the operating system. Im positive they are supported.

There are a ton of vehicles out there the EFILive supports, to many sometimes to list. :)

2kwik4u
May 12th, 2006, 02:09 PM
Sweetness.....Thanks for the info fellas...it's greatly appreciated.

I'm 99% sure I'll be buying the software in mid June or about that time. With any luck I'll be posting questions here in no time :D :D

frknlo
May 12th, 2006, 03:26 PM
Im 100% sure its supported. Why? because Ive been using it for the past months on my 2001 s10 with a 4.3l. :D One of the main factors for my decision o purchase this tool. With other tools they went with car model names only, going with supported os systems was a very smart move!
The OS on the truck is 12202088 and Ive even uploaded the stock tune to Holden Crazy. So yes it works! I believe from '01 up they started using ls1 type pcms in these trucks.

kbracing96
May 12th, 2006, 03:29 PM
Hummm.... Sure would be nice if I had a list, so I know what I could tune, lol

ChipsByAl
May 12th, 2006, 03:57 PM
2kwik4u, your main concern is tuning your other vehicle that is a '00 S10 Xtreme. Is the PCM under the hood black and with fins? Or is it smooth and silver in color? If it is the first I don't believe EFI live works with it. KEEP IN MIND WE ARE REFERRING TO THE 4.3 PCM AND ASSOCIATED HARNESS, NOT THE 2.2. My sources show the 2.2, for your year, with the dual 80 pin connector PCM and the 4.3 having the four connector design. If all else fails you can always use the new design PCM by changing the connectors and re-pinning the harness at the PCM of the 4.3 harness and upgrading to the latter PCM.

2kwik4u
May 14th, 2006, 01:24 AM
THe current PCM is the EXACT same in appearance as my '04 Crew cab, and my roomates '02 Xtreme which are both powered by 4.3's.....It's the smooth silver design that looks exactly the same as the LS1 computers.....

My intention is to grab a motor/trans/harness/pcm from a totalled truck of '02 or newer origin. That should insure that I get a compatible PCM.....I'll repin or re-wire the truck as needed to get the PCM to talk to the BCM, as well as things like the guages.

I've recieved enough info now that I'm confident enough to purchase the software for myself, and already have a few friends that are wanting to get some tuning done as well.

Thanks for all the help, the support is amazing thusfar on this product, and I don't even own it yet.

wait4me
May 14th, 2006, 03:57 AM
That is what we are here for! :)