PDA

View Full Version : E38 08 LS7 cam/milled heads won't run in SD mode

Age08
May 26th, 2015, 01:25 PM
E38 08 corvette LS7 cam227/243 115 stock heads milled .020
It will not stay running when in SD mode.
I setup the sd open loop as per https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?8961-E38-VVE-Setup-Guide
got the up to temp on the stock tune, then installed sd one, removed the wire on the maf
I even tried multiplying the B8101 by 2 times thinking it was to learn without success.
Any ideas?
Also attached is the car running with the stock tune with the only modification is idle speed and timing

joecar
May 26th, 2015, 02:47 PM
Maybe: looks like it runs out of spark timing range, i.e. so it can't control idle.

Age08
May 27th, 2015, 10:52 AM
Figured it out,
The problem is with the cam, because it makes the map sensor read low(high engine load), it was added to much fuel/not enough timing.
my thinking was that there wasn't enough fuel when in fact it was getting to much and no timing because it was reading a higher load section of the VVE Table, All I did was removed 30% out of the VVE table from 0-1200 rpm now it starts and idles good enough to start logging.

TurboCamaro
May 27th, 2015, 04:43 PM
What made you think to remove the fuel and ad the timing. Would it try to start then die or just crank without catching at all?

Age08
May 28th, 2015, 02:06 PM
I found there was a problem with the original tune I was using. I started off from scratch again with a stock tune and ended up putting fuel into the whole table and got it decently tuned for street tuning, next will be dyno session.