PDA

View Full Version : E39a malibu turbo full flash

Timmysmontecarlo
May 30th, 2015, 07:57 AM
Hi all,
I have a 2013 malibu 2.0turbo that when I bought it I was able to play with the tune. A few month ago the dealer changed the plugs and updated the calibration, now I am not able to tune the new calibration yet. I tried to do a full flash back to the old tune but I get a message saying unsupported operating system. Could I just be doing something wrong, or am I just out of luck here?

Road
May 30th, 2015, 08:43 AM
Can you read it? I would use the latest calibration for a base tune and rewrite a new tune. We were seeing some broke ring lands from overboost conditions with the old OS.
Mike

cindy@efilive
May 30th, 2015, 08:56 AM
There are 11 new operating systems that are presently in beta testing. Read your calibration and send it to me so I can confirm we've got support coming.

Cindy at efilive dot com.

Cheers
Cindy

Timmysmontecarlo
May 30th, 2015, 12:45 PM
Thank you for the quick replies.
Mike, No the new OS hasn't been unlocked yet, and not knowing how long it would be I thought I would try going back to the original. Guess I'm just getting a little anxious to start learning. Sounds like you are familiar with these engines. I thought they changed to one step colder plugs, pulled just a bit of timing, and added a little boost to compensate? If it was cracking the lands, then does that mean the pistons cant handle more than factory boost? Thanks Mike

Cindy I emailed the tune to you also, the OS is 12668443. thank you for looking into it for me.

Road
May 30th, 2015, 03:00 PM
The updated programming is to address the misfire and low compression per the bulletin. I read before and after recall calibrations (In HP Format) and it seems the recall was correcting boost mostly. I have seen two different 2.0 turbo motors with broke ring lands. Once efi gets your ecm unlocked do a read and compare it to your old read and learn from GM calibrator's mistakes. Its a combo between boost, timing and lean fuel that caused high cyl pressures (IMO). I don't know if the Gm calibrator's are that dumb are they where trying to meet EPA requirements or what just wanted to give you a heads up so you don't make the same mistake.
Mike

Timmysmontecarlo
May 31st, 2015, 08:49 AM
Thanks Mike, I really apriciate the info. You may have just saved me from a big mistake, and my wife..:rotflmao:

cindy@efilive
May 31st, 2015, 11:43 AM
The file you submitted was mapped in May. It hasn't been checked and sent to the beta team yet, hopefully that will happen this week.

It will be a few weeks before support is publicly available.

Cheers
Cindy