PDA

View Full Version : Known issues with June 02, 2015 Public Release

Blacky
June 3rd, 2015, 04:05 PM
Currently known issues and possible workarounds for the June 02, 2015 Public Release of the EFILive Software and Firmware

Download the current/stable release software here: http://www.efilive.com/latest/cat/download-efilive
Download the public pre-release software here: https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?25628-June-02-2015-EFILive-Public-Pre-Release

Public pre-release software versions

Software: V7.5.7.285 (updated, see Issue #3 below)
Software: V8.2.2.278 (updated, see Issue #2 below)
FlashScan/AutoCal firmware: V2.07.84

Issue 1:
If you are Black Box Logging PIDs from an ECM and TCM simultaneously and you have selected a PID from the transmission controller (TCM) that has an identically named PID in the engine controller (ECM), then when the log file is loaded back into the V8 software for viewing, that TCM PID will be displayed as if it originated from the ECM. The PID's data will have correctly been logged from the TCM, only its name will appear to indicate that it was logged from the ECM.
Workaround:
None.
It is a restriction of the *.efi (V7.5 log file format). That restriction will be removed and the TCM PIDs will display their true origin once the V8 scan tool software is available.
Issue 2:
Log files created with BBLogging or V7 pass-thru for CMD and CME controllers cannot be loaded into the V8 Scan Tool.
Workaround:
Download the updated public pre-release for V8 and re-install the updated version.
Download is available here: Download Updated V8 Software (http://download.efilive.com/Software/V8/EFILiveV8.2.2.278_Setup_Update1.exe) Issue 3:
The latest CMD/CME CSP% calibrations were left out of the V7 install.
Workaround:
Download the updated public pre-release for V7.5 and re-install the updated version.
Download is available here: Download Updated V7.5 Software (http://download.efilive.com/Software/V7.5/EFILiveV7.5.7.285_Setup_Update1.exe)

anarchydiesel
June 4th, 2015, 02:57 AM
CMD and CME controllers not in the drop down menu for ecm types and I cannot view datalogs for either controller. V8 software.

Blacky
June 4th, 2015, 12:38 PM
CMD and CME controllers not in the drop down menu for ecm types and I cannot view datalogs for either controller. V8 software.

Which menu?

Can you please send a data log file that you can't view in V8? (send to paul@efilive.com).

Regards
Paul

SASDakota
June 5th, 2015, 05:16 AM
Paul,

I have the same issue trying to open a CMD-CSP5 log. All latest V8,V7.5,BB,Firmware,etc...

In V8:Scan, once I've selected the log to open, a prompt comes up asking to select a controller. CMB,CMC are the only cummins options.

Flip side of that, if I have my v2 connected and hooked up to CMD controller. Auto-detect will pick up on the CMD and open the selected log correctly.

SASDakota
June 5th, 2015, 05:20 AM
And I cannot get a CMD-CSP5 log to do anything in V7.5 Scan.

By that I mean, PIDs are not shown as valid to a CMD controller. Pass-thru or opening a BBx log.

Edit: I can get a bbx log to open in v7.5 now. My mistake. Still need to select controller when opening.

Blacky
June 6th, 2015, 10:49 AM
Looks like I built the latest pre-release with the wrong setup files. I'll get it fixed asap and hopefully post an update tonight.
Regards
Paul

Blacky
June 7th, 2015, 08:06 AM
Looks like I built the latest pre-release with the wrong setup files. I'll get it fixed asap and hopefully post an update tonight.
Regards
Paul

An update hasd been posted, see Issue #2 in the first post.
Regards
Paul

darkhorse
June 8th, 2015, 08:10 AM
LS1 B controllers still locked and having to still use the work around method

Blacky
June 8th, 2015, 08:12 AM
LS1 B controllers still locked and having to still use the work around method

Use the V7 unlock option with a key of 0 to reset the lock on the PCM.

Regards
Paul

darkhorse
June 8th, 2015, 08:19 AM
Ill give it a try. Thank You.

anarchydiesel
June 15th, 2015, 04:54 AM
Trying to upgrade CMD os: 22120817 to csp5 the upgrade option is not available under the custom os tab. The software will however load a CSP5 file built from that OS with the previous software version.

SASDakota
June 15th, 2015, 05:05 AM
Trying to upgrade CMD os: 22120817 to csp5 the upgrade option is not available under the custom os tab. The software will however load a CSP5 file built from that OS with the previous software version.

I just had this yesterday on a 22100538 OS and thought maybe it was my end as it had always worked since CSP release.

Is it all CSP5 patches that are affected?

EDIT: And yes I had the v2 plugged in prior to loading v7.5 tune tool. With only v7.5 tune tool running.

Blacky
June 15th, 2015, 10:24 AM
Sorry, my mistake. I left the CSP 5 calibration files out of the pre-release build. I've posted an update in the first thread.
Regards
Paul

mri22
July 3rd, 2015, 07:28 PM
I have been trying to download and install V8.2.2 on my XP laptop. Each time I run the install I get this error message:
"Encountered a sharing violation while accessing C:\Program Files\EFILive\V8\EFILive_VM.dll"
This is preventing me from completing the install. What do I do to correct the error and get the V8 working?
PS: This error is on the beta release, public release and the V7.5 so I am thinking that it may be my system. Anyone got a clue what I can do?
Michael

joecar
July 4th, 2015, 12:49 PM
I have been trying to download and install V8.2.2 on my XP laptop. Each time I run the install I get this error message:
"Encountered a sharing violation while accessing C:\Program Files\EFILive\V8\EFILive_VM.dll"
This is preventing me from completing the install. What do I do to correct the error and get the V8 working?
PS: This error is on the beta release, public release and the V7.5 so I am thinking that it may be my system. Anyone got a clue what I can do?
MichaelYou're installing V8 build 278...?

Blacky
July 4th, 2015, 01:35 PM
Michael

Hi Michael,

It sounds like a background process is using the dll. The only background process that should be using the dll in EFILive_HAPI.exe. Make sure that process is not running, you may need to use task manager to kill it. Or reboot your PC and then try installing.
As a last resort, delete the EFILive_VM.dll file, then try re-installing.

Regards
Paul

SASDakota
July 7th, 2015, 05:42 AM
Also, I noticed in EDA (2010 CM2200), if post1 is "0" on timing table it still logs a value..?

{E0300-E0305} tables zero'd and still a value is calculated in the log. Am I the only one? Post Qty will zero and show that in logs. Maybe it just doesn't matter but if it can affect overall timing via limiters because it is still calculated, that would suck.

GMPX
July 7th, 2015, 01:42 PM
The Post 1 is showing the sums of the base table plus all the adjustment tables (eg, maybe for Coolant temp etc), so you do see the final sum in that timing PID which may still get adjusted. When the ECM is doing the final range checks on timing it does see what pulses are active and what ones aren't, so if Post is zero quantity then it is not taken in to account to the final Main timing.

So just keep in mind regardless of what pulses are active they are all still processed and calculated as though they were active, they just get ignored later in the system.

Blacky
July 8th, 2015, 04:07 PM
New update is available here:
https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?25758-July-08-2015-EFILive-Public-Pre-Release