PDA

View Full Version : cant read a e39

mellor
June 9th, 2015, 12:38 AM
2012 Camaro v6 with e39 comp installed in a jet boat modified factory harness when trying to read efi can identify computer read info and start to read about 17 seconds in it does a reset and says error cant read data
tried only standard and alt keys only both read serial num and lock on to read starts to read then quits
feel im missing something is there something different on obd2 plug wiring for e39 have done current updates

mellor
June 9th, 2015, 04:34 AM
2012 Camaro v6 with e39 comp installed in a jet boat modified factory harness when trying to read efi can identify computer read info and start to read about 17 seconds in it does a reset and says error cant read data
tried only standard and alt keys only both read serial num and lock on to read starts to read then quits
feel im missing something is there something different on obd2 plug wiring for e39 have done current updates

Update anyone know if an lfx Camaro e 39 compute blue plug pin 73 pk/bk circuit no 5290 has a 12volt pin. Mine the hole is empty but all data shows ignition 1voltage at that location checked all circuits this is the only odd one

GMPX
June 9th, 2015, 07:41 AM
It is for the LF1 V6 but the power connections would be the same.

mellor
June 10th, 2015, 05:11 AM
Thanks but still no luck checked out all voltages and gnds with min/max to see if losing any power while doing reset
all good. original computer could not read or scan any info but motor ran for about an hr then started to reduce power
replaced computer scanning is good efilive can auto detect in tune mode but when try to read it identifies all
proper info unlocks using mfg key and reads about 15 to 17 seconds then pauses says please wait fuel pump and some relays cycles off then on then I get
error 0101 no data received checked efilive hardware on my 2015 truck and works any ideas???

GMPX
June 10th, 2015, 12:59 PM
blue plug pin 73 pk/bk circuit no 5290 has a 12volt pin. Mine the hole is empty

Thanks but still no luck checked out all voltages and gnds with min/max to see if losing any power while doing reset all good.
Was that pin connected or not? It should be there it is the main 12V IGN feed. From what you describe it sounds like the ECM is losing power or not keeping itself awake because it thinks the IGN has been turned off.

mellor
June 10th, 2015, 03:58 PM
last update hopefully the posted wiring showed I was ok all wiring had proper battery voltage when trying to read but ecm lost data about 15 sec into read. i took ecm power wires and back probed them with pins then connected all pins to a jumper wire and to the battery no ignition switch on to activate anything else and then i read and programmed ecm properly
thanks

GMPX
June 10th, 2015, 04:21 PM
Mmm, you probably want to get the power situation sorted out though long term.

mellor
June 11th, 2015, 11:19 AM
I agree its in a boat and its noise the power is good but scoped it and its dirty. the build looks nice and compact but its packed on top of other modules and sharing power wires . made a simple switched relay circuit for the switched wires and it good to go but took to the lake and can only get to 40% throttle runs good at idle so more issues with the transplant to get it to like its new home never played with program other than removal of codes