PDA

View Full Version : New AutoCal, don't understand how to use

IdaBoy
June 10th, 2015, 07:00 AM
New AutoCal, plugged in and can't register to vehicle. Have no fricken idea what I am doing wrong.

minytrker
June 10th, 2015, 07:12 AM
You should contact who you purchased it from. They should have sent you instructions for your application.

cindy@efilive
June 10th, 2015, 08:20 AM
AutoCal is configurable in many different ways, as such the tuner who creates that unique configuration provides user support.

Please contact your tuner for their instructions. There is over view instructions on our website that may assist.

Cheers
Cindy

IdaBoy
June 10th, 2015, 09:47 AM
OK, so far I have downloaded the EFILive software, updated and have the correct drivers for my system. I have connected the AutoCal to my truck, and read the truck original tune file. I have 2 files on the AutoCal now. 1 is a efi file and the other is a ctz file format.
Now I was suppose to get a couple of tunes with the AutoCal and I have located on my computer 2 sub folders in the “tune” folder. One folder is CMC and the other is CMD. In each of those folders there are 2 files, one ending in Auto.ctz and the other ending in Manual.ctz.
My truck is an automatic so do I need to copy both “Auto”.* and “Manual”.* files???
Can anyone tell me what CMC and CMD stands for? I was supposed to get an 87/89 tune and a 91/93 tune.

cindy@efilive
June 10th, 2015, 10:00 AM
You need to contact your tuner for instructions. Does the tuner wont you to copy individual tune files or a quick setup? Did they already include the right tune file on the device? Do they expect you to decide on a tune file to flash or did they do that for you? When you updated your software, did you update to a configuration that matches their FlashScan V2? Note: the software on our forum is the latest public pre release, not all tuners will have updated to that. Most of these questions cannot be answered by the EFILive team or you, the end user, those questions need to be answered by your tuner.

CMC is the EFILive software name for the Cummins 2007-09 controller.

CMD is the EFILive software name for the Cummins 2010-12 controller.

Cheers
Cindy

IdaBoy
June 10th, 2015, 10:29 AM
You need to contact your tuner for instructions. Does the tuner wont you to copy individual tune files or a quick setup? Did they already include the right tune file on the device? Do they expect you to decide on a tune file to flash or did they do that for you? When you updated your software, did you update to a configuration that matches their FlashScan V2? Note: the software on our forum is the latest public pre release, not all tuners will have updated to that. Most of these questions cannot be answered by the EFILive team or you, the end user, those questions need to be answered by your tuner.

CMC is the EFILive software name for the Cummins 2007-09 controller.

CMD is the EFILive software name for the Cummins 2010-12 controller.

Cheers
Cindy

Looks like I was incorrect... My tuner is BB and if I understand correctly "Now" I have to datalog first and then send in some files to get the tunes... This is the first time I have attempted to "tune" and I am really in the dark... Thinking I may have made a mistake... TOO much of a hassle.

cindy@efilive
June 10th, 2015, 11:33 AM
Did you want a tune? or did you want a custom tune?

To install any canned tune is a simple process and can be done in a couple of short quick steps. EFILive and AutoCal can also perform those tasks.

To gain a true custom tune that is best suited to your vehicle, your modifications and your specific need you need to log first and then have your tuner make changes to the tune file. EFILive and AutoCal can perform those tasks, however there are a number of steps involved. You need to read your stock file, perform data logging, send these to your tuner who will return you a modified tune for you to install and then data log the outcome.

How AutoCal works is up to you and your tuner. It's determined by what you want/need/purchase and what they provide. The process can be as simple or as complex as both parties choose to make it.

Cheers
Cindy

IdaBoy
June 10th, 2015, 12:35 PM
Thank you Cindy... No Cummins here. It looks as if I was not correct on can tunes. I thought I was to receive a couple of tunes to start with but with BB I guess I need to data log first and then I will receive something.

cindy@efilive
June 10th, 2015, 12:50 PM
I assume BB, means Black Bear Performance? You may need to give them a call and get hold of the instructions they wish you to follow.

Cheers
Cindy

IdaBoy
June 10th, 2015, 12:53 PM
They have a web page that you log into and their you follow instructions. Not sure if I'm doing things right and just uneasy about maybe bricking the truck. All new to me.