View Full Version : 2015 C7 Z51 Skip Shift disable not working

TSloper
June 19th, 2015, 04:51 AM
Engine Operation: 12666652
2015 C7 Z51

Editing in the latest V7.5 the only location I see to disable Skip Shift is

LABELS Skip Shift Minimum Temp (°C)
Parameters Value
{B3315} Skip Shift Minimum Temp 256°C (factory was set to 77C)

As you can see I've set it to the upper limit but the forced 1->4 is still happening. I am doing a calibration only programming with the latest V8 beta. I've checked the CVN on the scan tool and it matches the modified segment.

Am I missing something here?

Thanks,
Tim

Ninety8C5
June 19th, 2015, 07:39 PM
It works in my 2014 C7 OS 12662762. I have mine set to 491 F (max 493 F).

9secVette
June 22nd, 2015, 02:45 AM
I had a customer tell me his was still on too and I used HP on that car, I checked the file and it was off but I have not seen the car back yet. (since EFI Live doesn't sell the stream yet...hint-hint...)

TSloper
June 25th, 2015, 12:36 AM
Any response to this EFILive?

GMPX
June 25th, 2015, 09:15 AM
Sorry Tim, missed this thread, we'll take a look today at this.

TSloper
June 25th, 2015, 09:35 AM
Sorry Tim, missed this thread, we'll take a look today at this.

Thank you!

GMPX
June 25th, 2015, 09:44 AM
Ok I just checked and I'm afraid this has me stumped. I compared the whole 'skip shift' area between a manual and auto and your modified manual file. Of course the A8 has this function disabled from factory and they do it via the min temp setting, that is set exactly the same in your modified file as the A8 has so it should be off. I'll have to dive a little deeper on this one I think, it is not making much sense at the moment.

GMPX
June 25th, 2015, 10:02 AM
Tim, it looks like there is a vehicle speed disable as well, the way it works is above 30 KM/H (18 MPH) it appears the forced 1-4 shift is skipped, having driven the vehicle can you confirm that is the case? If it is then we can add in the speed parameter can you could set that very low, like 5 KM/H so in real world driving it is unlikely to ever get enabled.

GMPX
June 25th, 2015, 10:43 AM
Tim, when you get a chance try this tune (only a cal flash is needed), I've disabled the CAGS via a few of the other (currently not shown) qualifiers, if this works we will add them in for the next release.

Cheers,
Ross

TSloper
June 26th, 2015, 01:11 AM
Tim, when you get a chance try this tune (only a cal flash is needed), I've disabled the CAGS via a few of the other (currently not shown) qualifiers, if this works we will add them in for the next release.

Cheers,
Ross

I'm traveling today but I can test it tomorrow. Above 18 MPH is the disable speed.

Thanks!
Tim

TSloper
June 27th, 2015, 04:41 AM

Cheers,
Ross

Ross,

Your changes worked. I couldn't get it to activate. Thanks for looking at this

Tim

GMPX
June 28th, 2015, 10:13 AM
Weird that the temp only setting on the earlier OS works but not on the later one, either way I've added in the parameters it needed for all E92 OS's for the next release. There was a barometric pressure check as well, I just set that so that you would have to have your Vette at the earth's core before it is enabled :grin:
Thanks for letting us know the change fixed it. I can't believe GM still have that archaic system in place.

TSloper
July 14th, 2015, 01:37 AM
Weird that the temp only setting on the earlier OS works but not on the later one, either way I've added in the parameters it needed for all E92 OS's for the next release. There was a barometric pressure check as well, I just set that so that you would have to have your Vette at the earth's core before it is enabled :grin:
Thanks for letting us know the change fixed it. I can't believe GM still have that archaic system in place.

I tested out the parameters the July release. The only parameter needed on the 2015 C7 is throttle percent. I set this to 0 and it worked without changing anything else.

Tim

GMPX
July 14th, 2015, 10:19 AM
We threw a few options in there just to make sure :mrgreen: