PDA

View Full Version : Help with tune...NO PEDAL

kylelavergne
June 22nd, 2015, 12:54 PM
I just finished this new tune for my truck. when I flash truck runs great but has no pedal response at all. I can idle the truck up & down with the scan tool but the foot pedal does not work at all. what did I do wrong? please help asap!!

Tune I made

Factory tune for my truck

joecar
June 22nd, 2015, 07:25 PM
OS is different than stock.

Start again, but this time copy your edits (by using a script) in to the stock file (rename it first).

kylelavergne
June 23rd, 2015, 02:16 AM
I know the OS is different joecar. my truck was tunned with efi live by someone else before I bought the software so I never had my stock file. this is a stock file for a truck like mine from a stock file website. the OS for the tune I made is correct. Its something I edited within the tune I think just cant figure out what.

OS is different than stock.

Start again, but this time copy your edits (by using a script) in to the stock file (rename it first).

joecar
June 23rd, 2015, 02:30 AM
Ok, start again, start with the stock file of the different OS, copy your edits into this.

kylelavergne
June 23rd, 2015, 05:42 AM
same thing. it has to be a table I edited wrong I just cant figure out which 1

Ok, start again, start with the stock file of the different OS, copy your edits into this.

joecar
June 23rd, 2015, 07:08 AM
Connect your V2 to your PC (so that the tune file shows the red ETC folder) and compare the ETC tables from each of the tune files above.

kylelavergne
June 23rd, 2015, 07:10 AM
there is a big difference. do you think I maybe increased it a little too much?

Connect your V2 to your PC (so that the tune file shows the red ETC folder) and compare the ETC tables from each of the tune files above.

joecar
June 23rd, 2015, 07:13 AM
there is a big difference. do you think I maybe increased it a little too much?Yes, a little too much will cause unresponsive throttle, and a little more than that will cause the PCM to shutdown and brick itself... all in the name of protecting the user from the worst possible scenario throttle mishap.

kylelavergne
June 23rd, 2015, 07:17 AM
ok I will change it back to the factory setting & give you a update asap!

Yes, a little too much will cause unresponsive throttle, and a little more than that will cause the PCM to shutdown and brick itself... all in the name of protecting the user from the worst possible scenario throttle mishap.

kylelavergne
June 23rd, 2015, 07:23 AM
ok I updated both ETC tables to factory and flashed truck. same outcome. truck runs great, starts up fine, put foot on gas pedal and nothing happens.

Yes, a little too much will cause unresponsive throttle, and a little more than that will cause the PCM to shutdown and brick itself... all in the name of protecting the user from the worst possible scenario throttle mishap.

Big Mike
June 23rd, 2015, 07:52 AM
Set these tables back to stock in the OS your switching to. It'll be one of those giving you the dead pedal, ask me how I know.

B6605

B6603

B6609

B6611

B6614

kylelavergne
June 23rd, 2015, 07:55 AM
how do you know big mike?

Set these tables back to stock in the OS your switching to. It'll be one of those giving you the dead pedal, ask me how I know.

B6605

B6603

B6609

B6611

B6614

Big Mike
June 23rd, 2015, 08:03 AM
Because I went through the exact same thing with my own truck when I was first learning EFILive. On some OS setting some of these to their min, max, or to zero in relation to where they were) will cause a dead pedal. On mine it was setting B6605 to max from zero that did it and on a couple other trucks some of the other tables caused the same thing. Setting them back to stock (or going the opposite way you did initially for any originally set at zero) fixed them right up.

kylelavergne
June 23rd, 2015, 08:31 AM
ok I will definitely give it a try right now and let you know what takes place. thanks for the info!

Because I went through the exact same thing with my own truck when I was first learning EFILive. On some OS setting some of these to their min, max, or to zero 9in relation to where they were) will cause a dead pedal. On mine it was setting B6605 to max from zero that did it and on a couple other trucks some of the other tables caused the same thing. Setting them back to stock (or going the opposite way you did initally for any originally set at zero) fixed them right up.

kylelavergne
June 23rd, 2015, 09:25 AM
ok big mike I have to give it too you, you were on the money! after resetting the tables back to factory and flashing I have pedal again. now too my next question...I want to totally eliminate torque reduction and traction control. how can I do this if these tables are at stock values??

also after process of ilimination I figured out it was table B6609 messing me up

Because I went through the exact same thing with my own truck when I was first learning EFILive. On some OS setting some of these to their min, max, or to zero 9in relation to where they were) will cause a dead pedal. On mine it was setting B6605 to max from zero that did it and on a couple other trucks some of the other tables caused the same thing. Setting them back to stock (or going the opposite way you did initally for any originally set at zero) fixed them right up.

Big Mike
June 23rd, 2015, 12:18 PM
Now that you know it was B6609 (tip in TQ reduction, which is one of the common "gotcha" ones) leave that one stock and work on the others, either zeroing or maxing them out depending on the table. Simple as that.

Intresintly, what I've found when it comes to single value TQ reduction tables is that if its set at zero stock, then it has no affect on anything but it can also apply if it's factory set to the minimum value. That is why you have to play with them a little and see if it has any affect at all.

kylelavergne
June 23rd, 2015, 01:06 PM
sounds good big mike. I will play with them and see what I can find out. are there any other things that you can see that I can change with my tune? I still am a little new to this so any help I can get I am very appreciative of!!

Now that you know it was B6609 (tip in TQ reduction, which is one of the common "gotcha" ones) leave that one stock and work on the others, either zeroing or maxing them out depending on the table. Simple as that.

Intresintly, what I've found when it comes to single value TQ reduction tables is that if its set at zero stock, then it has no affect on anything but it can also apply if it's factory set to the minimum value. That is why you have to play with them a little and see if it has any affect at all.

Big Mike
June 23rd, 2015, 07:03 PM
B6605 is where most of the TR is on the trucks (once you've gone through all the "safety" TR tables you already covered) so lowering that table a little at a time until you like it is where you want to concentrate most of your time as far as TR goes. B6605 also affects trans (shifting) TR too (its the lookup table for trans TR) so its another way to fine tune trans feel.

joecar
June 23rd, 2015, 07:20 PM
Those are TCS tables... are you guys editing those tables because you deleted traction control...?

Big Mike
June 24th, 2015, 05:51 PM
Those are TCS tables... are you guys editing those tables because you deleted traction control...?Most of the LS1B trucks I've worked with never had TCS enabled stock, or if it did, was only able to be active for a couple seconds. Some AWD apps though do employ it. Escalade, Silverado SS, Yukon XL etc.

RADustin
June 25th, 2015, 12:23 AM
some of the TR tables are backwards. You have to max to minimize. Also, if you 0 it will have no pedal.