PDA

View Full Version : CM2200 bench harness pinout

DURAtotheMAX
June 30th, 2015, 08:10 AM
Does anyone have a 2010-2012 CM2200 bench harness diagram that they could share?

Thanks
Ben

DURAtotheMAX
June 30th, 2015, 09:04 AM
I think I found the correct diagrams...can someone confirm for me?

All on the GRAY connector.

ground...pin 2, pin 4, pin 6

battery constant...pin 3, pin 5

ignition-on trigger...pin 71

CAN-C (low)...pin 18
CAN-C (high)...pin 35

I assume the J1939-CAN pins are not used with EFILive, and its only the "CAN-C" circuits that go to pins 6 and 14 on the OBD port...

June 30th, 2015, 01:13 PM
I think I found the correct diagrams...can someone confirm for me?

All on the GRAY connector.

ground...pin 2, pin 4, pin 6

battery constant...pin 3, pin 5

ignition-on trigger...pin 71

CAN-C (low)...pin 18
CAN-C (high)...pin 35

I assume the J1939-CAN pins are not used with EFILive, and its only the "CAN-C" circuits that go to pins 6 and 14 on the OBD port...

All you need is:

2 GND
3 +12V
18 CAN-
35 CAN+
70 IGN

DURAtotheMAX
July 1st, 2015, 12:46 AM
Got it, thanks!

s4door
October 1st, 2018, 09:38 AM
I have tried this on my CM2200 and I am unable to establish connection with the ECM. I get $0549 error. Ignition is switched off. I was assuming Pin 70 & 71 are switched 12v+ is that correct?

GMPX
October 1st, 2018, 12:00 PM
All you need is:

2 GND
3 +12V
18 CAN-
35 CAN+
70 IGN
I agree, this arrangement works fine for our bench ECM's too. We also have 71 to IGN but that might not be necessary, s4door if you are having no luck it might be worth hooking pin 71 up as well to switched +12V.

s4door
October 1st, 2018, 01:55 PM
I have tried using both pins 70 and 71 with no luck. Is it possible it is security related? No SKIM or WIN modules present? I assumed that a bench setup over-rode any factory safeguards. On another post I stated that this was a used ECM that came with the rest of the package, motor, injectors ect. My source said he would replace this one if I wasn't able to get it flashed.

GMPX
October 1st, 2018, 03:28 PM
The ECM does not need any other modules on the CAN bus, the ECM should communicate totally standalone. I assume you are on the Grey connector and not the Black one?

s4door
October 1st, 2018, 03:42 PM
Yes, the grey connector

GMPX
October 1st, 2018, 04:14 PM
Not sure then, maybe the ECM is bad.

s4door
October 1st, 2018, 04:21 PM
Just to clarify, the 12v+ switched power (pin 70 & 71) is from the same power supply as the constant 12v+ just with the ability to cycle those pins on/off while pins 3&5 have constant power?

GMPX
October 1st, 2018, 05:33 PM
Yes correct, the +12V is from the same source with 70 & 71 just switchable.

I have a proper Cummins connector for our bench set up but I quickly hooked this up just to show you the connection areas, this works.

Black = GND
Red = Batt +12V (the one next to black)
Pink and Light red wires = +12V switched
Purple = CAN +
Green = CAN -

s4door
October 2nd, 2018, 12:41 AM
That's exactly how I did it when the following wasn't working. I originally did it by making an OBD11 connector (pin 4,5 ground)( pin 6 CAN+ pin 14 CAN-) (pin 16 12v+ constant) Plugging that into the V2. Then connecting the OBD11 output wires to the correct pins on connector 130 on the actual wiring harness which ends up on the 76 pin grey connector. Then pins 70 and 71 switched 12+ through the same 130 connector. Then when that wasn't working I did exactly as you showed me in the picture. I also checked resistance of pins 18 & 35 first at the ECM and then at the OBD11 and it was 120.8. I'm beginning to conclude that the ECM is bad since you have verified that my wiring appears to be correct. I originally read your post about a year ago when I was putting the pieces together for this project. I thought this will be easy to hook up........So is there any other way to wake this thing up since this way of connecting to it this isn't working?

GMPX
October 2nd, 2018, 11:15 AM
I thought this will be easy to hook up........So is there any other way to wake this thing up since this way of connecting to it this isn't working?
Well I can't think of anything else, if a few people have verified that those pinouts are working fine then you have to start to suspect the ECM.

s4door
October 2nd, 2018, 12:20 PM
I took the ECM to a Cummins dealer today. They told me they would be able to flash it. When they looked at it and realized it was out of a Ram pickup the technician said he didn't have a connector to hook up to it. I texted the guy I bought this one from and he is going to switch this one with another one he has. I'll update when I get the other ECM. It make take a week or so before I get the replacement ECM. Thanks for all of your help I really appreciate it.

GMPX
October 2nd, 2018, 03:05 PM
No problem, hopefully it was just the ECM.

s4door
November 6th, 2018, 02:28 AM
Here's an update: I bought another 2010 ECM from a salvage yard that was supposed to have been from a pickup, it arrived yesterday. I hooked it up and EFILive and found it the first time I tried. Problem is the current calibration is for a 2011.5 6.7 Cummins Auto DD Cab & Chassis. I called my local dealer and gave them the VIN # that was on the EFILIve calibration read and they confirmed that the ECM was from, or at least has a Cab & Chassis calibration on it. Am I able to overwrite with a pickup calibration? This is not going into a Ram truck. Motor will be run standalone in a 92 F350 pickup. No TIPM, SKIM, ect will be hooked up to this ECM. I also want to use a manual calibration as I will be putting an Allison 1000 6spd behind this motor. The Allison currently works standalone in the same truck behind a VE 12V 5.9

GMPX
November 6th, 2018, 09:54 AM
Yes you can put in whatever you want with these ECM's, if you want to overwrite the C&C tune with a pick-up tune that isn't an issue.
See here for tune files:
https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?28187-2010-Cummins-stock-tune-library

s4door
November 6th, 2018, 10:32 AM
That's good news. I wanted to make sure. Thanks for the quick reply and the link.

s4door
November 7th, 2018, 04:39 AM
I flashed the controller with this file: 103510030BF from the link. It completed the flash successfully. After doing the flash, I can no longer open ANY of the 2010-2011 tunes that I downloaded from the link. I get the "Unrecognized PCM Error" I confirmed all versions and the V2 are updated. I even uninstalled and downloaded from your site the latest versions and reinstalled. This did not help. I also tried flashing 11300130AG to see if a different file would help. No change. I can load my Allison tunes, but no Cummins tunes.

s4door
November 7th, 2018, 10:21 AM
Correction on "I can no longer open ANY of the 2010-2011 tunes that I downloaded from the link." I kept trying to open tunes (calibration files) and finally found some that would open. I assumed that since the link to the tunes was from EFILive, that all the tunes (calibration files) were already calibrated to be able to be opened up and modified. I will reflash my controller with one that I know can be opened by V7.5. Sorry for the confusion caused by my inexperience.

GMPX
November 7th, 2018, 10:39 AM
Actually it is possible some of those files are not supported for editing. Certainly they should all load up in V8 to be flashed and the reason for that is sometimes people want to roll back to a specific update.
Because of the time taken to map these OS's out not every release is supported, we try to ensure that the latest OEM updates are fully supported but we don't go back to cover older OS's.

s4door
January 30th, 2019, 09:09 AM
I am posting this to this thread but with a different issue now, but I am wondering if the two are connected. As an update to the above replies, I was able to bench flash this controller with a manual calibration from the tune depot site. I installed the motor into the vehicle and the truck ran and drove. I then tried to re-flash the controller with an edited tune and the following happened: On the screen it would say:

Checking data file....
Unlocking: Trying MFG key...
Serial :000000007753
Block 1 start:
Erasing: Wait...
Please: Wait...
Script exited with code $0101: No data received

Once this happened I was no longer able to establish communication with the controller. I then proceeded to try to re-flash with no success. I contacted a professional tuner to buy a CSP5 tune from him. I set my v2 up with the calibration settings needed for a csp5 setup. As I waited for the tunes to arrive via email, I took the original calibration that originally was saved as my base stock tune, converted it to the csp5 version, formatted the V2 then re configured the V2 with that file. I was then able to successfully re-flash the controller and the truck ran again. I then received my professionally prepared CSP5 tunes and when I attempted to do a full flash of that tune, I got the same exact error as described above. Now I am unable to connect and re-flash this controller. I tried replacing the USB cable, rebooting the computer, using a different computer, uninstalling and reinstalling the software with no success. I have only used my V2 on a standalone Allison T40 tcm and this 2010 CM2200 controller. This summer my transmission needed a reflash while I was stuck on the road. My laptop was plugged into an inverter as a last resort to try to get teh truck operating again. I was able to reprogram my TCM everything seemed fine and I thought nothing more of it. Up until this instance my V2 has worked fine after the time I had to use it when my laptop was plugged into an inverter. Did that ruin my V2? The V2 will still communicate fine with my Allison T40 TCM. This CM2200 setup is a standalone setup not in a Dodge. I have basic power, grounds, ignition and CAN+ and CAN- wires setup for operating. When the first flash failed and I was able to re-flash, the truck ran fine. Now I can't get the full flash procedure to go any farther than as described above. I would believe that the V2 is establishing some communication with the controller if it is getting to the process of Erasing Block 1 and then failing. I have ran the USB tests on the V2 unit and it passes those tests. As of now the CM2200 controller appears to be connecting to the V2 but I am unable to complete a flash on it because of the $0101: NO DATA RECEIVED error. Any suggestions would be great.

derkscustomcars
July 28th, 2021, 02:11 PM
I have a question for you, how did you eliminate the 'SKIM'?

s4door
July 30th, 2021, 03:01 AM
I have a question for you, how did you eliminate the 'SKIM'?
I only used the CM2200 ECM for my install. The SKIM is an added module that the factory uses as a security measure to keep the truck from running. I took the pinouts of the ECM and wired relays to activate the needed functions to make the motor run. The TIPM on a factory setup is where all of the data and signals are sent to the ECM. For example the key on position and foot on the brake are signals that a body control module is looking for to send information to the ECM to allow the starter to work. If you know the final destination of the signal that would be coming from the TIPM to the ECM you just wire in a relay for that function. The ECM doesn't know the difference. It is simply looking for the signal for it to function. You don't need anything but the ECM and properly wired relays to the ECM to make the engine run. If you are trying to use all of the factory modules that will be a little harder to make work. I'll help anyway I can if you have any further questions.

derkscustomcars
July 30th, 2021, 03:28 AM
Awesome, thanks a lot, i'll do some digging in my diagrams and try some things when the time comes

s4door
July 30th, 2021, 03:41 AM
Awesome, thanks a lot, i'll do some digging in my diagrams and try some things when the time comes

Don't hesitate to ask if you have anymore questions once you start getting into it

SwaneyBuilt
September 26th, 2021, 02:22 PM
s4door
i have a cm2200 in standalone configuration. im having a issue where it starts up then 3 seconds later it shuts back off. there there anything in the tune causing this?

derkscustomcars
September 27th, 2021, 03:36 AM
I just invested in this new software and J2534 pass through programmer, I can turn of the skim in most cases

s4door
September 27th, 2021, 05:37 AM
I started a new thread today since what you are asking is beyond what this original thread was started for. Repost your question on that thread I just started. More people will see it there instead of at the end of this old thread. I'll reply through the new thread. Anymore specifics would be helpful in trying to figure out your problem. I'll be glad to help anyway I can.

Barret
May 6th, 2022, 02:19 PM
Hey sorry to jump in but maybe you can help me out I

Barret
May 6th, 2022, 02:21 PM
Oops
Trying to drop in mid engine on a 38 COE