PDA

View Full Version : EFILive 2.8L Duramax E98 ECM Support

Pages : [1] 2

cindy@efilive
July 2nd, 2015, 04:34 PM
EFILive is pleased announce the first PC based tuner for 2014+ 2.8L Duramax (LWN).

The 2.8L Duramax using the E98 ECM is due for North American release in the coming months in vehicles such as the Colorado and Trailblazer, but has already been in use on a range of worldwide applications since 2014 including the Holden Colorado and European Opel and Vauxhall 1.6L CDTi vehicles.

Full announcement details, including software pictures and our dyno graph that delivered HUGE gains over stock tuning can be found on our website or in our newsletter. http://www.efilive.com/latest/2014-2...8-ecm-support/ (http://www.efilive.com/latest/2014-2p8l-duramax-e98-ecm-support/)

Cheers
The EFILive Development Team

Coletrain45
July 8th, 2015, 11:53 PM
how about a factory stock file available? these were also available sooner than 2014 in europe i worked on the program when i worked for gm along with the 15/16 duramaxs

GMPX
July 9th, 2015, 08:51 AM
We have not released the .calz (mapping files) yet so a stock tune won't do much for the moment. The latest release that was posted does have the ability to read the E98 so people can hopefully send in some of the European car tunes and we can begin mapping those, the 2014+ 2.8L Duramax is covered off. If you are in Europe and have access to any of the 1.6L CDTi cars it would be great if you could get some reads from them.

hrthsv
August 21st, 2015, 09:48 PM
Are you going to give us EGR control maps on the MY14+ 2.8L Duramax? Obviously the DTC's are there but control over the valve would be good. I know it's technically illegal for road use, this is for off road lol.

GMPX
August 23rd, 2015, 10:00 AM
We have not looked at EGR controls and by the sound of it you don't want to actually control it right, rather keep the ECM happy if it is removed?

Road
August 23rd, 2015, 10:11 AM
Are you going to give us EGR control maps on the MY14+ 2.8L Duramax? Obviously the DTC's are there but control over the valve would be good. I know it's technically illegal for road use, this is for off road lol.
Could you share your stock read?

Thanks
Mike

vortecfcar
August 24th, 2015, 03:12 AM
I would prefer to have EGR control (flow, valve limits, actuator curve, temps, etc.) included if at all possible in the calz files. Also IAFV params while I'm at it. :)

We aim to pursue tuning these emissions equipped as soon it shows up at the dealer.

Thanks,
Nick

GMPX
August 24th, 2015, 09:12 AM
Nick, timing will be the key here, I will try to figure out EGR tables for the local Colorado's to get some idea on functionality, but as the US version is not released yet I can't give any firm answer to when they might be done. I soon go away on vacation for a while.

hrthsv
August 29th, 2015, 10:59 PM
We have not looked at EGR controls and by the sound of it you don't want to actually control it right, rather keep the ECM happy if it is removed?

I would like to be able to close it in the software table and then turn off the DTC's which apply. It makes a difference to response keeps the intake clean and is worth .5L/100 when it was turned off on my 2013 Colorado. In the Bosch ECU in the 2012 to 13 model the EGR valve is open at all times to some degree unless you are at 100% throttle.

strokeit355
October 9th, 2015, 01:04 AM
I would like to be able to close it in the software table and then turn off the DTC's which apply. It makes a difference to response keeps the intake clean and is worth .5L/100 when it was turned off on my 2013 Colorado. In the Bosch ECU in the 2012 to 13 model the EGR valve is open at all times to some degree unless you are at 100% throttle.

Hi there a little bit off subject but is the 2012/2013 Colorado able to be tuned with efi live?

GMPX
October 10th, 2015, 08:30 AM
No, that is a Bosch ECM with non GM software running it, we won't be supporting those.

vortecfcar
November 5th, 2015, 10:12 AM
Can we get a read from one of these trucks to start poking around?

Thanks,
Nick

GMPX
November 5th, 2015, 02:00 PM
Nick, last I heard the US release of this truck is now on hold until 2016 (yes, because of VW), so we can't give you any stock file to look at.

LPDTuning
December 4th, 2015, 08:58 AM
Nick, last I heard the US release of this truck is now on hold until 2016 (yes, because of VW), so we can't give you any stock file to look at.

So are we still waiting on some trucks to get out in the wild? The build date on my Canyon is 1/18. Kind of hoping to get a stock tune before hand to start doing some toying around. I do have a neighbor who should get his around the end of this month so Im hoping I can get a stock tune in some way soon.

GMPX
December 5th, 2015, 08:58 AM
Plenty of our customers have them ordered but nobody has one delivered, hopefully they roll out this month and they aren't held over in to next year.

LPDTuning
December 5th, 2015, 12:44 PM
Plenty of our customers have them ordered but nobody has one delivered, hopefully they roll out this month and they aren't held over in to next year.

Yea I hope they get some out. Its bad enough we are 2-3 months over projected delivery of these trucks.

GMPX
December 6th, 2015, 08:44 AM
I would assume that GM wanted to make 100% certain they weren't about to be the next VW, they don't need a media disaster with this truck.

IdahoRob
December 29th, 2015, 05:41 AM
Stock ecm and tcm tunes.

LPDTuning
December 29th, 2015, 05:47 AM
Stock ecm and tcm tunes.

Thanks Rob!

Road
December 29th, 2015, 06:40 AM
Stock ecm and tcm tunes.
Is that a USA built ecm read? Did you post the right stock file?

DURAtotheMAX
December 29th, 2015, 08:36 AM
awesome thanks Rob!

Wow, looks VERY nice and simple compared to the Bosch crap of late. Tables all look nice and smooth too.

GMPX
December 29th, 2015, 10:02 AM
I got all excited, unfortunately these are Holden Colorado tunes, not the USA model.

Road
December 29th, 2015, 10:16 AM
I got all excited, unfortunately these are Holden Colorado tunes, not the USA model.
Yea me too....

GMPX
December 29th, 2015, 10:26 AM
Wow, looks VERY nice and simple compared to the Bosch crap of late. Tables all look nice and smooth too.
We actually left out a lot of tables on purpose, they don't even use any coolant or intake temp correction on these, nearly all the correction tables are zeroed! Not sure if the US model will be the same but that is how it is for every other country.
And of course DSP4 will be ready to go from day one on the USA model (well, as soon as we get a read), there is already lots of Colorado's outside the USA running DSP4. C'mon GM, just ship the darn things already!

LPDTuning
December 29th, 2015, 11:57 AM
Oh well crap.....I have a Holden 2.8 Duramax tune already. I was all warm and fuzzy inside thinking we had something....haha

IdahoRob
December 29th, 2015, 12:49 PM
Darn Sorry guys, I received that from a customer and I'm on vacation so wasn't in the office to look things over. I had a premature posting problem.

GMPX
December 29th, 2015, 03:50 PM
I had a premature posting problem.
Could be worse ;)

One thing is for sure there will be many differences between the USA release and the rest of the world as the USA is the only version of this engine that has DPF, Urea etc, neither of those are required in any other markets the Colorado is sold in. I hope GM haven't gone too crazy and throw us a big curve ball when they hit the streets. And before anyone asks, there will NOT be emissions defeat in the USA cals.

DURAtotheMAX
December 30th, 2015, 04:09 AM
And before anyone asks, there will NOT be emissions defeat in the USA cals.

Canada?

GMPX
December 30th, 2015, 10:18 AM
Didn't even consider that Ben, should we assume they will have USA spec emissions or worldwide emissions? In any case we have not investigated any emissions parameters on the existing vehicles because there has been no need to remove what is not fitted.

DURAtotheMAX
December 30th, 2015, 10:44 AM
Didn't even consider that Ben, should we assume they will have USA spec emissions or worldwide emissions? In any case we have not investigated any emissions parameters on the existing vehicles because there has been no need to remove what is not fitted.

Ross I think it's safe to say that the Canadian colorados are going to be identical to the USA colorados...except with a speedometer marked in those weird kilometer things. :grin:

Mitco39
December 31st, 2015, 10:22 AM
Ross I think it's safe to say that the Canadian colorados are going to be identical to the USA colorados...except with a speedometer marked in those weird kilometer things. :grin:

Ill be the first to ask.

Are the trucks similar enough that one could possible run non USA files on USA trucks?

Lets face it, we are just along for the ride when it comes to what the US does...

GMPX
December 31st, 2015, 11:32 AM
That I don't know Mitch, I would expect all other modules in the trucks are the same (ABS, BCM etc), nowhere else has On-Star so not sure if that would be an issue or affected in any way if not running a USA cal. You just know someone will try it so lets wait and see :hihi:.

Meanwhile all of us over here are waiting for the hard parts to be developed for them, FedEx will be busy shipping a lot of parts overseas once that all happens.

Dmaxink
December 31st, 2015, 12:16 PM
That I don't know Mitch, I would expect all other modules in the trucks are the same (ABS, BCM etc), nowhere else has On-Star so not sure if that would be an issue or affected in any way if not running a USA cal. You just know someone will try it so lets wait and see :hihi:.

Meanwhile all of us over here are waiting for the hard parts to be developed for them, FedEx will be busy shipping a lot of parts overseas once that all happens.

If it's really that easy - I may take a REAL no phones vacation this year. Lmao

DURAtotheMAX
January 5th, 2016, 12:57 AM
As long as the hardware between the engines is the same, and the ECM pinouts match, I dont see any reason why it wouldnt work.

Might have to change the VIN in the ECM to match the module environment identifiers for immobilizer and GMLAN crank-request though. Does EFILive support VIN update on the E98?

Ben

GMPX
January 5th, 2016, 09:40 AM
Does EFILive support VIN update on the E98?
Yes it can be done the usual ways, but there should be no need to have to change the VIN if it is still the same ECM.

GMPX
January 11th, 2016, 12:50 AM
Good news update, some reads from USA Colorado's have been sent in as customers start to take delivery. Currently we are mapping them out (yes, they are VERY different to the rest of the world 2.8L OS's, damn GM!).
The plan is we will do a very quick closed beta test on these just to make sure there isn't any issues with the USA specific version (rest of the world has been going flawless for a while now), then we will do a public release.
So hopefully less than a week, a week? DSP4 for USA Colorado's is being worked on at the same time so it won't be too far off either (again already available for the rest of the world).

One thing is for sure to be able to tune the USA version you will need to be running the December release as this had some pre-emptive updates for these models so all we would have to release is the .calz file once we got ECM reads.
https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?26174-December-2015-EFILive-Public-Stable-Release

Cheers,
Ross

comnrailpwr
January 11th, 2016, 01:01 AM
Great news Ross.

Dmaxink
January 11th, 2016, 01:15 AM
Good news update, some reads from USA Colorado's have been sent in as customers start to take delivery. Currently we are mapping them out (yes, they are VERY different to the rest of the world 2.8L OS's, damn GM!).
The plan is we will do a very quick closed beta test on these just to make sure there isn't any issues with the USA specific version (rest of the world has been going flawless for a while now), then we will do a public release.
So hopefully less than a week, a week? DSP4 for USA Colorado's is being worked on at the same time so it won't be too far off either (again already available for the rest of the world).

One thing is for sure to be able to tune the USA version you will need to be running the December release as this had some pre-emptive updates for these models so all we would have to release is the .calz file once we got ECM reads.
https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?26174-December-2015-EFILive-Public-Stable-Release

Cheers,
Ross

Great!!

DURAtotheMAX
January 11th, 2016, 06:44 AM
Nice work Ross!

Can you full-flash the E98 between US and ROW operating systems? Or is the hardware different?

GMPX
January 11th, 2016, 09:52 AM
Now that I have a real read from one I'll have to see if it would be compatible or a disaster like what happens on E38's with incompatible year models. Currently the software won't let you though and that restriction is there because of what I just mentioned then on the E38. The ECM's are $1,200 here so we didn't want to see a bunch of them corrupted.

GMPX
January 18th, 2016, 06:56 PM
The first EFILive beta tester now has his truck and will be tuning it in the A.M, should be interesting to see how these go compared to the rest of the world models.
This is all pretty much ready to release to the public but we just wanted to run it through a small test group first.

MEANMAX
March 4th, 2016, 08:42 AM
The first EFILive beta tester now has his truck and will be tuning it in the A.M, should be interesting to see how these go compared to the rest of the world models.
This is all pretty much ready to release to the public but we just wanted to run it through a small test group first.

OK. It's been nearly 2 months. What's going on??

cindy@efilive
March 4th, 2016, 09:29 AM
There were a couple of changes made a few weeks ago that finalized the initial release, and with the number of new customers coming on board for this platform, we've also spent some time developing new documentation.

E98 and DSP is scheduled for the next release, which also contains significant updates for GM Gas customers.

The build is in the stage of internal testing, before being released to customers.

Cheers
Cindy

MEANMAX
March 4th, 2016, 10:07 AM
Always a quick reply to all. Thanks Cindy,I'll keep watching.

GMPX
March 6th, 2016, 09:07 AM
Yeah, the E98 hasn't been the hold up with this release (sorry E98 tuners).

djv86
March 8th, 2016, 01:18 PM
I was able to read a 2016 2.8 Colorado ecm although when I opened the file in tune 7 it showed this http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/16/03/08/2037abe11ecca0bca8adccb9e4fdf424.jpg
And I just installed the latest software versions and still get the same message, is the tune not editable yet ?

Chavez91
March 8th, 2016, 01:20 PM
Not released yet bud. Next release will have it I believe.

djv86
March 8th, 2016, 01:28 PM
Not released yet bud. Next release will have it I believe.

ahhh I figured it would work since the ecm is the same although the OS is probably different.. incase others were wanting the new ones from a 2/18/2016 build date.

cindy@efilive
March 8th, 2016, 01:31 PM
The release for USA E98 is ready. We are just waiting for final confirmation from our beta testers that the USA E98 switchable tuning is functioning correctly before we make the release public.

Cheers
Cindy

djv86
March 8th, 2016, 01:33 PM
The release for USA E98 is ready. We are just waiting for final confirmation from our beta testers that the USA E98 switchable tuning is functioning correctly before we make the release public.

Cheers
Cindy

already doing a DSP on the 2.8? that's awesome !!!

cindy@efilive
March 8th, 2016, 01:49 PM
already doing a DSP on the 2.8? that's awesome !!!

The rest of the world has been using that ECM since 2014....DSP for those platforms was released last year :)

Cheers

MEANMAX
March 19th, 2016, 12:09 AM

Cheers
Cindy

Anything yet Cindy? I know I'm a PITA but I just can't wait.:bangin::bangin:

MEANMAX
March 22nd, 2016, 11:02 PM
Just got the email, let the fun begin.

hacklerjason
May 23rd, 2016, 12:39 PM
Will the overseas software work on us based e98 ecms?

hacklerjason
May 24th, 2016, 08:15 AM
@cindy@efilive please see above

GMPX
May 25th, 2016, 09:08 AM
Question answered in the other thread you started.

hacklerjason
May 25th, 2016, 09:19 AM
Thank you

hacklerjason
June 18th, 2016, 05:52 PM
Is there any projections on when the DTC tables will be out?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

hacklerjason
June 18th, 2016, 05:52 PM
For the USA e98*

GMPX
June 19th, 2016, 12:13 PM
They never will be sorry, USA EPA laws forbid such a thing.

Tre-Cool
September 20th, 2016, 11:15 PM
What's available for doing the tune switching with the DSP for these ecu's? or can it only be done with the autocal/v2?

my v2 screen is stuffed, has been for nearly 2 years so i'd like to be able to do it without it if possible

DURAtotheMAX
September 20th, 2016, 11:47 PM
I think SoCal diesel offers a rotary-type DSP switch.

Tre-Cool
September 21st, 2016, 12:28 AM
yeah i had a look at that, but i think it's mainly for the real duramax motors. not the piddly 2.8.

http://www.socaldiesel.com/dsp5switch.htm

DSP5 - Suitable for 2001-2010 Duramax.

edit2. Looks like it needs to be done via obdi can version. yay

http://shop.socaldiesel.com/efilive-tuning-tool/dsp4-switches/dsp4-switch-pass-through/

cindy@efilive
September 21st, 2016, 08:27 AM
SoCal are taking pre orders on their E98 DSP switch. Shipping will commence in less than 2 weeks. http://shop.socaldiesel.com/efilive-tuning-tool/dsp4-switches/dsp4-switch-90-degree/

Cheers
Cindy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GMPX
September 21st, 2016, 09:18 AM
And surprisingly the 2017 Aus models are still using the same OS from 2016, wouldn't have guessed that. So Tre-Cool you'll be set to go from the moment you pick the car up (just don't pull the exhaust off yet!)

Tre-Cool
September 21st, 2016, 04:13 PM
yeah, i pulled my tune out this morning and found it had the same os.

I noticed the Commanded power tables now have speed vs tps instead of rpm vs tps as the axis now.

Exhaust is getting picked up tomorrow so i can remove the dpf asap.

Also has DTC's for EGT sensor and the dpf (when comparing to my16), Any idea if we can actually log the EGT?

Tre-Cool
September 22nd, 2016, 12:20 AM
So in regards to the above change with the Axis for the Commanded Power Maps.

Is there a parameter switch to change this back to RPM? Strangely the Mode C & limp table has the same values as the 16 model.

And the 17 model has EGT support from factory, yay, 1 less thing to buy.

GMPX
September 22nd, 2016, 08:27 AM
I noticed the Commanded power tables now have speed vs tps instead of rpm vs tps as the axis now.
That is interesting, the US model did that from the first release and many late model US petrol cars are configured for Speed too.

Exhaust is getting picked up tomorrow so i can remove the dpf asap.
Ok, I am just going to warn you, yes we have the DTC's for the local model but beyond that I don't know how you shut off DPF..........unless you stick a 2016 cal in there which of course would work because it is the same OS.
Right now I am not in a position to go hunting for these parameters either on our local OS.

Also has DTC's for EGT sensor and the dpf (when comparing to my16), Any idea if we can actually log the EGT?
Yes, I don't recall the PID names off the top of my head but there is PID's to support up to EGT #5.

So in regards to the above change with the Axis for the Commanded Power Maps.

Is there a parameter switch to change this back to RPM? Strangely the Mode C & limp table has the same values as the 16 model.
Yes that is controlled by a parameter but why change it? I bet it would mess with a lot of other things if you did that.

And the 17 model has EGT support from factory, yay, 1 less thing to buy.
Yes, you get a bonus.

hacklerjason
September 23rd, 2016, 05:14 AM
That is interesting, the US model did that from the first release and many late model US petrol cars are configured for Speed too.

Ok, I am just going to warn you, yes we have the DTC's for the local model but beyond that I don't know how you shut off DPF..........unless you stick a 2016 cal in there which of course would work because it is the same OS.
Right now I am not in a position to go hunting for these parameters either on our local OS.

Yes, I don't recall the PID names off the top of my head but there is PID's to support up to EGT #5.

Yes that is controlled by a parameter but why change it? I bet it would mess with a lot of other things if you did that.

Yes, you get a bonus.
If its the same as the usa version, the PID name you're looking for is EGRT1 - Exhaust Gas Temp Sensor 1..

Tre-Cool
September 27th, 2016, 05:21 PM
well haven't done exhaust yet. but will be happening. I'm already over the DPF regen. I've only done 450km's and it's done it twice now.

EGT's sit around 500/600c when it's happening from all appearances.

Now i just need to work out why my actual boost is nearly always 45kpa below desired.

hacklerjason
September 27th, 2016, 05:29 PM
well haven't done exhaust yet. but will be happening. I'm already over the DPF regen. I've only done 450km's and it's done it twice now.

EGT's sit around 500/600c when it's happening from all appearences
Its retarded, I hated it when mine did it... I'm stuck right now, we don't have the dpf ninja in the USA, nor are there any lights at the end if the tunnel.. For now I have it to where it drives without reduced engine power and without dosing fuel via post injection. Post injection is what heats up the first stage of catalyst, there is a fuel dosing injector further back to light off the second catalyst which burns off the soot. Right now I can't even use efi because it doesn't do what I need. I wish someone with much more brains than me gets to work on a cax file for this and I will come back to exclusive efilive use. I have to use both hpt and efi to get what I need done and its not even fully working. I get stick in perpetual filter cleaning. At the same stop light a few blocks from my house I get 4 chimes and a message on the dic that tells me "cleaning exhaust filter continue driving"... Its sort of broken I suppose, but still drives with full power and good mileage so I guess it could be worse

Tre-Cool
September 27th, 2016, 05:36 PM
Does yours get like a cam lope to it at idle also?

Kind of cool but a bit disconcerting when it first happened. now that it's done it a few times i figure it must be part and parcel of the regen process?

I'm also using both efi/hpt on mine

hacklerjason
September 27th, 2016, 05:42 PM
Does your get like a cam lope to it at idle also?

Kind of cool but a bit disconcerting when it first happened. now that it's done it a few times i figure it must be part and parcel of the regen process?
I don't know about a lope.. But when it was actually cleaning and I would be driving at lower speed you could hear the difference in the tone for sure. It comes from the throttle being closed down and changing the fueling modes to assist in raising temps prior to the first cat in the downpipe...

GMPX
September 27th, 2016, 05:45 PM
That does seem pretty frequent. I can only base this on my own experience with my old Diesel Cruze where it would do what I call maintenance burn off's between the 'big one' that would last 10 mins and smelt like the car was about to burn down. Yours might be going through the same thing because when you look at the pre DPF models they ran pretty clean so it wouldn't make sense they need to do a full burn off every 200 odd KM's.

I have to use both hpt and efi to get what I need done and its not even fully working.
You mean HPT has parameters for DPF deletes on the US Colorado?

hacklerjason
September 27th, 2016, 05:56 PM
That does seem pretty frequent. I can only base this on my own experience with my old Diesel Cruze where it would do what I call maintenance burn off's between the 'big one' that would last 10 mins and smelt like the car was about to burn down. Yours might be going through the same thing because when you look at the pre DPF models they ran pretty clean so it wouldn't make sense they need to do a full burn off every 200 odd KM's.

You mean HPT has parameters for DPF deletes on the US Colorado?

No... As previously stated, its sort of in a broken state right now... Hpt does not have delete params... It does have the ability to turn codes off, but nothing beyond that... I meant broken as in being stuck in perpetual filter cleaning. It isn't actually cleaning the filter, it just thinks it is. I am locked out of my DIC because of that message.. I need that ability because otherwise that fancy DIC they put in these trucks is worthless... I can't see instant mpg, or historic average mpg, oil pressure, tire pressure, nothing... And it is constantly chiming at me to let me know to keep driving so it can clean a filter that isn't there... I understand the perspective of being in compliance with the epa and what not.. But the epa is for us to worry about, and as you can see, we the people are still doing what we were going to do anyway. Its just that there isn't a really solid way to do it.. There or some that have had great success and there are a handful of us here that are stuck with these cleaning messages... I decided not to invest the time, money, or any other resources of my own to investigate the real solution. Having done research it seems a little bit out of my league. But I know there are people with the brains, time, and money to get these broken trucks fixed. In the meantime, I just have to hope it comes sooner than later. I could care less about the warranty, I'm a diesel technician. I also live in a state where we don't have sniffers... Our local island air quality test sites indicate that our air is of sufficient quality that we don't smog here...

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160928/30f6405ae8537246e27b637cdaf9697a.jpg

GMPX
September 27th, 2016, 07:11 PM
But the epa is for us to worry about, and as you can see, we the people are still doing what we were going to do anyway
Sorry, but that is not the ideal view to have with what is going on out there. ANY software package that gives every user the means to do what you want is on borrowed time. That is why we never have and likely never will put any DPF delete parameters in our software for these trucks, I haven't even looked at how it could be done because we knew we would not be doing it. But that has been our stance for many years now on many Diesel platforms.

But I know there are people with the brains, time, and money to get these broken trucks fixed. In the meantime, I just have to hope it comes sooner than later.
I think you'll find because of the current state of affairs if people do know they are not going to tell anyone and put a target on their backs.

I could care less about the warranty, I'm a diesel technician. I also live in a state where we don't have sniffers...
Well I would have to assume that if you live in a state that falls under EPA jurisdiction then it makes no difference, the law is the law.

Sorry, not trying to be a wet mop but things happen for a reason.

hacklerjason
September 27th, 2016, 07:14 PM
Yes they do... And I have no bone to pick with efi live, I like it even within it limitations

GMPX
September 27th, 2016, 07:16 PM

hacklerjason
September 27th, 2016, 07:20 PM
I also have a question that I know you can legally answer though... Can you please confirm that all previous MY Holden Colorados have NOT had dpfs installed at the factory... I am pulling wiring diagrams from acdelco tds and the wiring diagrams show dpfs when I'm sure I read that they do not...

Tre-Cool
September 27th, 2016, 07:20 PM
So with the 17 models in Aus. What would you expect to be in the code somewhere for the dpf, seeing as it's the same OS & Calibration between the non-dpf 16 models?

A switch state or option in the code?

hacklerjason
September 27th, 2016, 07:23 PM
Also, do you guys have egr on your engines as well? I also see that in the wiring diagrams from the gm website

Tre-Cool
September 27th, 2016, 07:25 PM
Also, do you guys have egr on your engines as well? I also see that in the wiring diagrams from the gm website

Apparently up until the my17 models they did not have a dpf. Mine is a 17 and now has it.

Luckily for me I think i can do & i have already a write entire of the my16 os/cal. but it had some weird throttle lag from a stop.

hacklerjason
September 27th, 2016, 07:34 PM
Apparently up until the my17 models they did not have a dpf. Mine is a 17 and now has it.

Luckily for me I think i can do & i have already a write entire of the my16 os/cal. but it had some weird throttle lag from a stop.
That throttle lag is in your torque limiting tables... In the USA one table number is B5100 Torque Limit By RPM... For me, I took those values and maxed them out to 886... HUGE improvement... There was a lot of lag built into the tune by gm in the USA... The table where off idle lag is on my ecm is B5103torque limit by RPM and Coolant Temp.. There were torque numbers as low as 239 ft lb@600rpm@176

GMPX
September 28th, 2016, 12:18 AM
So with the 17 models in Aus. What would you expect to be in the code somewhere for the dpf, seeing as it's the same OS & Calibration between the non-dpf 16 models?

A switch state or option in the code?
Yes something like that, but there might be several of them to turn off all functions....a one byte needle in a 4Mb haystack :)

ScarabEpic22
September 28th, 2016, 05:27 AM
Yes something like that, but there might be several of them to turn off all functions....a one byte needle in a 4Mb haystack :)

Good programming joke there Ross...haha

hacklerjason
September 28th, 2016, 05:33 AM
Not a needle in a stack of needles?

dansdieselp
September 29th, 2016, 03:03 AM
No... As previously stated, its sort of in a broken state right now... Hpt does not have delete params... It does have the ability to turn codes off, but nothing beyond that... I meant broken as in being stuck in perpetual filter cleaning. It isn't actually cleaning the filter, it just thinks it is. I am locked out of my DIC because of that message.. I need that ability because otherwise that fancy DIC they put in these trucks is worthless... I can't see instant mpg, or historic average mpg, oil pressure, tire pressure, nothing... And it is constantly chiming at me to let me know to keep driving so it can clean a filter that isn't there... I understand the perspective of being in compliance with the epa and what not.. But the epa is for us to worry about, and as you can see, we the people are still doing what we were going to do anyway. Its just that there isn't a really solid way to do it.. There or some that have had great success and there are a handful of us here that are stuck with these cleaning messages... I decided not to invest the time, money, or any other resources of my own to investigate the real solution. Having done research it seems a little bit out of my league. But I know there are people with the brains, time, and money to get these broken trucks fixed. In the meantime, I just have to hope it comes sooner than later. I could care less about the warranty, I'm a diesel technician. I also live in a state where we don't have sniffers... Our local island air quality test sites indicate that our air is of sufficient quality that we don't smog here...

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160928/30f6405ae8537246e27b637cdaf9697a.jpg

My truck does the same thing from time to time. My guess is it comes up based on miles. Kinda like the maintenance burn that Ross suggested. Be nice if we had the ability to kill that CAN message cause even though it isn't actually regening it does make the DIC useless until next key cylce.

hacklerjason
September 29th, 2016, 05:46 AM
My truck does the same thing from time to time. My guess is it comes up based on miles. Kinda like the maintenance burn that Ross suggested. Be nice if we had the ability to kill that CAN message cause even though it isn't actually regening it does make the DIC useless until next key cylce.
Are you in the states or AUS?

dansdieselp
September 29th, 2016, 05:55 AM
Are you in the states or AUS?

We are in the states.

hacklerjason
September 29th, 2016, 05:56 AM
We are in the states.
Word... I can't figure out why either... Some of us have had good results... Others are stuck where we are now

hacklerjason
September 29th, 2016, 03:18 PM
**Removed

Tre-Cool
September 29th, 2016, 07:50 PM
That throttle lag is in your torque limiting tables... In the USA one table number is B5100 Torque Limit By RPM... For me, I took those values and maxed them out to 886... HUGE improvement... There was a lot of lag built into the tune by gm in the USA... The table where off idle lag is on my ecm is B5103torque limit by RPM and Coolant Temp.. There were torque numbers as low as 239 ft lb@600rpm@176

Have you played around with these on a dyno? when i did, the fueling increased dramatically to the point i could get it to under 1 lambda at full power.

Removed Tre-Cool HPT plug

hacklerjason
September 29th, 2016, 08:02 PM
Have you played around with these on a dyno? when i did, the fueling increased dramatically to the point i could get it to under 1 lambda at full power.

Admin Edit:... This isn't the place for that though...
You are right, but Tre-Cool has always insisted on posting offensive screen shots and comparisons on our forum, even when it highlights errors in others software that might ultimately help them fix it. No tact!

I have not played with those differences on a dyno but I know for a fact it makes a huge improvement... I dont have numbers.. I do notice though with smoke and torque limits lifted its a lot more fun to drive and I haven't even changed fuel tables, just the limits applied to those... As far as desired vs actual boost, I will have to run a scan tomorrow to see but I don't recall that standing out to me... If you change the desired boost tables they still have to be below the boost limits... Also... To be perfectly honest, after switching back to efi I have come to realize at least one of the params don't function.. In hpt smoke limiter did not change performance..

Tre-Cool
September 29th, 2016, 08:24 PM
Looks like after some closer inspection the V8 logger has desired boost pid and bunch of others i was using hpt for.

Thank Fck for that. was getting annoying changing cables around all the time.

GMPX
September 30th, 2016, 08:47 AM
We don't add PID's to V7 now, haven't for a while, V8 Scantool is what gets new things added.

hacklerjason
September 30th, 2016, 03:19 PM
We don't add PID's to V7 now, haven't for a while, V8 Scantool is what gets new things added.
Moving forward, never back

Tre-Cool
September 30th, 2016, 09:30 PM
Okay so i tried to use the v8 scanner and none of the e98 specific pids are working for me. yet they do in v7.5. (using latest beta & firmware) I was logging a drive today and had a crash error popup but as soon as i clicked okay the data logging continued.

Luckily i screen shot it so i'll post it up shortly when im on my laptop. I was also getting script error when trying to do the data scanning option - yellow button.

Desired boost works, however some others also do work in 7.5 but not in v8.

hacklerjason
October 3rd, 2016, 06:49 AM
@gmpx can we do feature requests in here? Im looking for the PID for EGR Temp Sensor 1... This one is installed in the exhaust manifold from the factory and on my generic obd scanner its called EGRT1&2 ... I wont be needing number 2, its after the EGR cooler and wont be useful in monitoring temps...

GMPX
October 3rd, 2016, 08:26 AM
Yeah that is fine, I'll take a look at the PID for that sensor (I'll just do both at once).

hacklerjason
October 3rd, 2016, 08:29 AM
Yeah that is fine, I'll take a look at the PID for that sensor (I'll just do both at once).
Great! That would be awesome! Although, I have heard some people saying not so good things about the accuracy of that on board sensor... I will have to confirm that with infrared pyrometer... As you can imagine, its hard to do loaded tests of the temp sensor that is under the hood without being strapped to a dyno

GMPX
October 3rd, 2016, 09:34 AM
Ok, if you use the V8 scantool there is already PID's in there for the EGR temps.

EGRCTS1 - "EGR Cooler Temperature Sensor (Pre Cooler)"
EGRCTS2 - "EGR Cooler Temperature Sensor (After Cooler)"

Cheers,
Ross

hacklerjason
October 3rd, 2016, 09:53 AM
@GMPX how does one command gear holding for dyno pulls? I would like to get my first dyno run to see where im at once all my limiters were removed... I would like to make a 3rd gear as well as 4th gear pull... Maybe even 5th... I will need to command gear hold so it doesnt kick down when i lay into the throttle.. Can this be done?

EDIT:
I found this feature in scan v7.5

So that question was answered by opening the legacy application... My next question... Does scan v8 have bi-directional control for e98 ecms? I do not see DVT in scan v8... Please advise

hacklerjason
October 3rd, 2016, 10:05 AM
Ok, if you use the V8 scantool there is already PID's in there for the EGR temps.

EGRCTS1 - "EGR Cooler Temperature Sensor (Pre Cooler)"
EGRCTS2 - "EGR Cooler Temperature Sensor (After Cooler)"

Cheers,
Ross
I just looked, I cannot find that pid in any folders... Where are you seeing that? Generic, enhanced, or custom? My build is v8.2.2.303

hacklerjason
October 3rd, 2016, 10:08 AM
Please see my pid list when searching for the param you listed

ScarabEpic22
October 3rd, 2016, 10:09 AM
V8 doesnt have DVT yet, you'll need to use V7.5 for that currently.

hacklerjason
October 3rd, 2016, 10:09 AM
V8 doesnt have DVT yet, you'll need to use V7.5 for that currently.
I figured... But the e98 doesn't show up as an option in v7.5.. How do we get around that?

GMPX
October 3rd, 2016, 10:22 AM
Depends what function you want, we probably didn't design that DVT section very well (easy to say that in hindsight) because the commands are actually common between controllers, so if you want to override Idle RPM on an E98 or an E39 you can actually use any CAN based controller in that list to do so.

hacklerjason
October 3rd, 2016, 10:25 AM
Depends what function you want, we probably didn't design that DVT section very well (easy to say that in hindsight) because the commands are actually common between controllers, so if you want to override Idle RPM on an E98 or an E39 you can actually use any CAN based controller in that list to do so.
I was able to perform cylinder cut tests with another ecm so that was really all I would need for the moment... How about those egrcts pids? I can't find those.. Do I need a specific version to access those? I'm on v8.2.2.203

Tre-Cool
October 3rd, 2016, 12:54 PM
Jason, with the gear hold stuff. can you not use the tutd on the us version? the Aus version will not upshift automatically in that mode as the speeds are too high for the gears.

hacklerjason
October 3rd, 2016, 12:57 PM
Jason, with the gear hold stuff. can you not use the tutd on the us version? the Aus version will not upshift automatically in that mode as the speeds are too high for the gears.
No... For a couple reasons... 1) we don't have a true TUTD mode... Its called electronic range select here... You can select the range, and it will upshift and downshift as it sees fit up to the gear you chose... I'm working on TUTD enabling on the side though... And 2) you can't stop the kickdown to the next lower gear due to throttle position... I wouldn't want to me making a pull, and it downshifts when I stomp the pedal.. Its not that I want it not to upshift, I want it to not downshift when it give it 100% TPS

GMPX
October 3rd, 2016, 01:23 PM
Do I need a specific version to access those? I'm on v8.2.2.203
Well lets just say I see them defined in the V8 GM PID list, but I cannot say exactly when they were added.

hacklerjason
October 3rd, 2016, 01:25 PM
Well lets just say I see them defined in the V8 GM PID list, but I cannot say exactly when they were added.
Well I have the newest non-beta software out... I don't see them in the pid list... Even when searching for just egr, nothing of that nature pops up... Can we consider that a bug report instead of a feature request then?

hacklerjason
October 3rd, 2016, 03:35 PM
Are they sorted in the software by the OS number? If yes, I have a different OS than you guys

GMPX
October 3rd, 2016, 04:00 PM
Are they sorted in the software by the OS number? If yes, I have a different OS than you guys
Right, I think that is indeed the problem, we may have populated the supported PID list from an export OS early on. I'll get this sorted for the next update (which should be this week).

hacklerjason
October 3rd, 2016, 04:02 PM
Right, I think that is indeed the problem, we may have populated the supported PID list from an export OS early on. I'll get this sorted for the next update (which should be this week).
Thank you much

Tre-Cool
October 3rd, 2016, 06:28 PM
Just so im not wasting your time, but you might be able to answer this.

Pid - MINJSC1 - Start of Main Injection Cyl1-4 etc. Should that match the SOI maps or is it telling me when it's started injecting to be fully sprayed by the requested Injecting event or is it neither?

I'm trying to work out if the later 17 model calibration is using a different Pattern besides the defined 1 & 2 SOI maps because the data doesn't line up.

hacklerjason
October 3rd, 2016, 06:46 PM
Just so im not wasting your time, but you might be able to answer this.

Pid - MINJSC1 - Start of Main Injection Cyl1-4 etc. Should that match the SOI maps or is it telling me when it's started injecting to be fully sprayed by the requested Injecting event or is it neither?

I'm trying to work out if the later 17 model calibration is using a different Pattern besides the defined 1 & 2 SOI maps because the data doesn't line up.
Start of main injection should indicate the timing in which it starts the main injection hahaha... Not to be sarcastic... I'm sending a pm

trucks
October 11th, 2016, 10:45 PM
I have the fix... Text me for details... Its not software, its in the wiring... I tested it today.. It completed a regen successfully... It no longer says cleaning filter, continue driving ... Pm for the number..

I would like to contact you, but I cant figure out how to send a pm

hacklerjason
October 12th, 2016, 05:57 AM
I would like to contact you, but I cant figure out how to send a pm
I tried to PM you and I got an error that you chose not to receive private messages.. If you need the link to my write up lmk

trucks
October 12th, 2016, 10:10 PM
Not sure why it doesnt work

trucks
October 12th, 2016, 10:10 PM
Maybe its post count

trucks
October 12th, 2016, 10:11 PM
I do need a link to your write up but not sure if its ok to share my email address on the forum

hacklerjason
October 12th, 2016, 10:14 PM
Not sure why it doesnt work
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161013/f5498c69db50d07a0636ef1fd036f8b2.jpg
Ask an admin?

hacklerjason
October 12th, 2016, 10:16 PM
Hope you got it

trucks
October 12th, 2016, 10:17 PM
I enabled email from other users,but have nothing on private messaging. Wont let me post my email either.

hacklerjason
October 12th, 2016, 10:18 PM
I enabled email from other users,but have nothing on private messaging. Wont let me post my email either.
Are you on any other forums?

trucks
October 12th, 2016, 10:24 PM
Hope you got it

Thank you sir!

trucks
October 12th, 2016, 10:26 PM
duramaxdiesels

hacklerjason
November 1st, 2016, 06:15 PM
Im having issues with scan in v8 july release (stable)... When trying to log pass-through the monitor function will not update params until the mouse moves over them, and it doesnt regularly update, only when the mouse passes by, but works fine recording... Also, not one of the boost parameters report when logging pass-through work, and i cant find any that work on bbx either. Is boost a param, or a math off of the MAP and BARO? There are so many different boost pids and i cant any of them to work... The math pid for actboost references BOOST_M and TCBP and subtracts BARO from it... That makes sense but the pid tcbp reports 0 constantly, and the pid BOOST_M isnt even on the list... How do i monitor actual boost? Also, when trying to view the math for the actboost param, it will open and show the math only once. Subsequent attempt result in error... See attachments
Please advise

Tre-Cool
November 1st, 2016, 10:35 PM
tested on the beta. the TCBP shows 0 for me too.

I normally just log desired & sae.map. then i created my own calc pid to show the difference between actual & desired.

hacklerjason
November 1st, 2016, 11:01 PM
tested on the beta. the TCBP shows 0 for me too.

I normally just log desired & sae.map. then i created my own calc pid to show the difference between actual & desired.
I tried that and when you go to edit the the maths I get errors and it locks me out of that section until I quit all the way out if v8 and go back in.. Whats weird is that I can get boost readings out of the TCBVP in v7.5, but that same pid did nothing for me in v8 as well as bbx EDIT: I stand corrected, TCBVP does in fact show data... I was going to do like you did and create a math pid similar to the built in one called actboost.. Can admin please look into this?

hacklerjason
November 2nd, 2016, 05:46 AM
While logging this morning I noticed something in bbx scan... I found the PID that looks at boost, its TCBVP. Why does desired boost appear to include baro? The pid I'm asking about is TCDBPR... Its like that PID is showing Desired MAP, not boost... I attached the log with PIDs I'm speaking of in it

Tre-Cool
November 4th, 2016, 02:45 AM
I would be keen to get some vane controls added too if possible. Ive got mine going well now with over 200rwhp.

hacklerjason
November 4th, 2016, 04:36 AM
I would be keen to get some vane controls added too if possible. Ive got mine going well now with over 200rwhp.
You and I have open loop turbo vane controls already ;-) ... Oops

GMPX
November 4th, 2016, 09:30 AM
While logging this morning I noticed something in bbx scan... I found the PID that looks at boost, its TCBVP.
The description on that is misleading when I look at it, that should be boost gauge pressure (eg Boost sensor - Baro = TCBVP). That is the true boost value you would see on a mechanical boost gauge.

Why does desired boost appear to include baro?
That I don't know, it's just how GM did it.

hacklerjason
November 4th, 2016, 09:33 AM
So is that confirmation that my thoughts are correct? It is NOT desired boost in actuality, but it is desired MAP? If yes and looking at my tables that reference boost pressure, do the referenced boost pressures line up with boost gauge pressure, or absolute?

cindy@efilive
November 4th, 2016, 09:40 AM
A range of bug fixes in beta build 305 -307 should take care of your access violation, Calculated PID issues, and pass-thru logging issues.

Software and change log can be found here http://www.efilive.com/latest/cat/download-efilive/post/Oct-2016-efilive-beta-test-release

Cheers
Cindy

hacklerjason
November 4th, 2016, 12:06 PM
A range of bug fixes in beta build 305 -307 should take care of your access violation, Calculated PID issues, and pass-thru logging issues.

Software and change log can be found here http://www.efilive.com/latest/cat/download-efilive/post/Oct-2016-efilive-beta-test-release

Cheers
Cindy

Thanks Cindy! Im a little skittish to do my flash events on a beta... I'm happy to know the issues were fixed... I hope the fixes shall be retained in the next stable release

Tre-Cool
December 1st, 2016, 02:38 PM
I flashed in the DSP4 OS this morning on my my17, everything works ok but i did notice that my last Km's since regen had jumped upto 58** km's. I'll keep an eye on it over the next few days to hopefully see if it resets.

Amazing difference flipping from stock to tuned calibration on the fly while driving. goes from doughy/laggy to very responsive instantly.

hacklerjason
December 1st, 2016, 02:43 PM
I flashed in the DSP4 OS this morning on my my17, everything works ok but i did notice that my last Km's since regen had jumped upto 58** km's. I'll keep an eye on it over the next few days to hopefully see if it resets.

Amazing difference flipping from stock to tuned calibration on the fly while driving. goes from doughy/laggy to very responsive instantly.
You know what though... Those timers are funny and mine has a bug as well

I agree on the DSP feature... I really like that for times when I valet... I have one map with power super limited

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

GMPX
December 1st, 2016, 02:49 PM
You know what though... Those knees are funny and mine has a bug as well

I agree on the DSP feature... I really like that for times when I valet... I have one map with power super limited

We have something cool in the works for DSP4 switching, stay tuned :good:

hacklerjason
December 1st, 2016, 02:51 PM
Im tuned... Hahaha... The buttons on the v2 are ok, the dsp4 switch is super cool... I'm hoping we have a licensed switch coming

Tre-Cool
December 1st, 2016, 02:54 PM
Im tuned... Hahaha... The buttons on the v2 are ok, the dsp4 switch is super cool... I'm hoping we have a licensed switch coming

Pretty sure Socal Diesel already have a rotary dial for dsp4 switching. http://shop.socaldiesel.com/categories/efilive-tuning-tool/dsp4-switches.html

Without trying to cut off their market. I wonder if it would be possible to send the required can message through something like dash-command or equivalent from your phone. That would be a cool feature. I already have an obdi-mx which can talk on the gm can. so I'm happy to test out.

hacklerjason
December 1st, 2016, 02:57 PM
Pretty sure Socal Diesel already have a rotary dial for dsp4 switching. http://shop.socaldiesel.com/categories/efilive-tuning-tool/dsp4-switches.html

Without trying to cut off their market. I wonder if it would be possible to send the required can message through something like dash-command or equivalent from your phone. That would be a cool feature.
That's the one I was talking about... I said the switch is super cool... But it won't work when I valet... It's easy to switch the tunes with the rotary.. I like doing with the v2 currently becasue it allows a layer of security

Tre-Cool
December 1st, 2016, 03:04 PM
ahh i get ya. Almost need a dial with a small keylock built into it?

GMPX
December 1st, 2016, 03:07 PM
something like dash-command or equivalent from your phone.
You know we tried to work with PP on something like this for the Cummins switchable tuning, they unfortunately declined and from memory they said they didn't feel it was worth their time to implement it, oh well.

hacklerjason
December 2nd, 2016, 08:29 PM
Will future updates have the ability to write injector calibrations into the ecm? As a diagnostic sometimes injectors are swapped... The ability to write cal codes would be a huge plus for me! Esp if the day comes I need to replace one. I would hate to have to buy a full set of injectors, we know them are pricey, and have to visit the dealer for cal code flashing... I don't know how that process would interfere with any custom tunes in the ecm... For example... If a DSP tune were on the ecm at the time, would the dealer even be able to access the ecm to write the codes for me? I had asked to question before but I'm still fingers crossed on the feature request front... Please advise

GMPX
December 4th, 2016, 08:58 AM
I know all the commands to do that and in fact we did put that as a function for the V2 for the LMM I think it was.
It will go in to the software at some stage.

hacklerjason
December 4th, 2016, 08:59 AM
I know all the commands to do that and in fact we did put that as a function for the V2 for the LMM I think it was.
It will go in to the software at some stage.
Great!

Tre-Cool
December 12th, 2016, 12:44 AM

I was thinking about this the other day, but would be possible to get the switching commands added as a feature to the scan tool?

Can make playing around on the dyno or out logging in the car a quicker way to test stuff. I noticed when i was logging with the v7 scantool that if i changed modes via the v2 it would lock the scanner up. So i needed to stop the log and start again. Not sure if the same problem would occur though?

hacklerjason
December 12th, 2016, 07:44 AM
I was thinking about this the other day, but would be possible to get the switching commands added as a feature to the scan tool?

Can make playing around on the dyno or out logging in the car a quicker way to test stuff. I noticed when i was logging with the v7 scantool that if i changed modes via the v2 it would lock the scanner up. So i needed to stop the log and start again. Not sure if the same problem would occur though?
I don't think any support is coming for scan v7... They have said previously no further updates are coming for scan 7

GMPX
December 12th, 2016, 09:21 AM

I don't think any support is coming for scan v7... They have said previously no further updates are coming for scan 7

Yeah sorry guys but V7.5 won't be getting the switching info put in it. We also planned on doing tune switching for the Cummins ECM from V8 scan as well. The switching systems aren't basic CAN messages, there is a bit involved and because of this the messaging format requires too much coding in V7 to do it.

Although this will be no good in a dyno situation we hope this new switching method we've been working on for the E98 will be a nice addition.

http://download.efilive.com/Staff/GMPX/DSP4_App.jpg

Snipesy
December 12th, 2016, 09:46 AM
EFI Live comming to an android device near you? The problem with these generic scanners is that they sometimes do some naughty things in the background unless you give them the big stick...

hacklerjason
December 12th, 2016, 09:48 AM
EFI Live comming to an android device near you? The problem with these generic scanners is that they sometimes do some naughty things in the background unless you give them the big stick...
Haha that funny! It says connected to plx device... I imagine that will be a part of the plx obd gauge lineup?

hacklerjason
December 12th, 2016, 09:49 AM

Oh Dave btw... I forgot to tell you... They have passthrough DSP switches available... You plug the DSP switch into the obd port, and then whatever scanner of choice plugs into the passthrough DSP switch... Then you may have a workaround?

GMPX
December 12th, 2016, 09:59 AM
It is not a full blown scanner app and never will be. The intention was only for tune switching, but there is another feature we won't mention yet on the second screen. We just wanted to offer our own EFILive branded alternative to an Autocal which not every customer will want to buy. And for those that don't want to use it on a phone then you of course have the SoCal rotary switch, just trying to cover all options for people.

Haha that funny! It says connected to plx device... I imagine that will be a part of the plx obd gauge lineup?
Yes, the app is written around the PLX devices OBD-II adaptors, the $10 Ebay ones will not work.

Now part of the reason for that is PLX have a very nice looking scantool app in the works that negates the need for us to write one for phones (not that we ever wanted to do that). Plus our app will be 100% free so the amount of work to make a scantool with enhanced GM PID's, DMA etc, etc cannot be justified.

Snipesy
December 12th, 2016, 10:03 AM
Ahhh that's right. PLX does their own thing now.

GMPX
December 12th, 2016, 10:05 AM
And it looks really slick too.

Tre-Cool
December 12th, 2016, 12:29 PM
Will the efi app be compatible with other obdi scanner devices? I have one of the OBDILINK MX (http://www.obdlink.com/mxbt/) devices so i can test out for you. (also an android user/non apple fanboy).

Tre-Cool
December 12th, 2016, 12:35 PM
Oh Dave btw... I forgot to tell you... They have passthrough DSP switches available... You plug the DSP switch into the obd port, and then whatever scanner of choice plugs into the passthrough DSP switch... Then you may have a workaround?

When i looked into the socal ones, they mention not to scan/program with it plugged in. I suspect it'll have the same problem as the v2 doing the switching.

hacklerjason
December 12th, 2016, 12:39 PM
When i looked into the socal ones, they mention not to scan/program with it plugged in. I suspect it'll have the same problem as the v2 doing the switching.
I can see the problem with programming but I don't see the issue with scanning... Maybe the can message that is broadcast from the DSP switch interferes with the normal can bus operation

Tre-Cool
December 12th, 2016, 12:45 PM
Yeah that was my thoughts too.

GMPX
December 12th, 2016, 01:00 PM
Will the efi app be compatible with other obdi scanner devices? I have one of the OBDILINK MX (http://www.obdlink.com/mxbt/) devices so i can test out for you. (also an android user/non apple fanboy).
Sorry, it only supports the PLX Kiwi 2+ at this stage (approx $50 USD), the PLX Kiwi 3 is also being tested.
I know there is a plethora of OBD-II to BT adaptors out there but it's like this, the app is free so we don't want this to become a support nightmare trying to get all sorts of BT adaptors working with the app and with the upcoming PLX scanner app it seemed like a good solution. The BT connection and messages are written around the PLX device and nothing else, and lets face it BT can be a total pain to deal with.
I must admit the OBDLINK MX looks like a good unit too, I'd never heard of it. Depending on how this goes we may expand the range of supported devices to quality units like the MX in future revisions of the app. We aren't developing it in house so we have to be careful on feature creep vs costs for something we are giving away.

Tre-Cool
December 12th, 2016, 01:23 PM
Any chance of getting an early copy of the program and i'll test it out anyway? ya never know it might work straight off the bat.

GMPX
December 12th, 2016, 01:40 PM
Not yet, BT is still too hit and miss on connections and some legal docs need to be completed before it can leave our office.

Snipesy
December 12th, 2016, 02:26 PM
I use the obdlink. I found it varies more on the phone whether or not bluetooth is spotty versus the adapter itself... But if the connection is lost, that's bad, cause some things, like programming, need to be in real time. You can't just suddenly stop communicating...

It's possible, with my usb bluetooth adapter I use for a PS4 controller of all things the connection is extremely reliable. On my phone, not so much... It hangs for about a second at least every 20 seconds. It might just be android screwing with things, but good luck doing anything about that...

hacklerjason
December 12th, 2016, 02:29 PM
I use the obdlink. I found it varies more on the phone whether or not bluetooth is spotty versus the adapter itself... But if the connection is lost, that's bad, cause some things, like programming, need to be in real time. You can't just suddenly stop communicating...

It's possible, with my usb bluetooth adapter I use for a PS4 controller of all things the connection is extremely reliable. On my phone, not so much... It hangs for about a second at least every 20 seconds.
I second that! I also use obdlink mx Bluetooth for my low level diagnostics and monitoring... When I need to go more in depth I use my LaunchTech EasyDiag... It does OEM level things like abs, srs, etc... For programming, I don't know if there is a single wireless device out there that I trust for that... I would much prefer a plug in cable for flashing bit everything else, wireless is fine with me

GMPX
December 12th, 2016, 02:35 PM
I use the obdlink. I found it varies more on the phone whether or not bluetooth is spotty versus the adapter itself...
Yeah maybe, once connected we are good though, the initial connection to the PLX is our gripe at the moment. Probably not either device to be honest, but it needs to be more stable for release.

hacklerjason
December 12th, 2016, 02:36 PM
Yeah maybe, once connected we are good though, the initial connection to the PLX is our gripe at the moment. Probably not either device to be honest, but it needs to be more stable for release.
Must be in the way the network traffic is working on the can bus..

Tre-Cool
December 12th, 2016, 02:49 PM
I've used the obdilink with the e98 in mine already using dashcommand and the free obdilink app with it. can monitor most standard sae pids etc.

the obilink app allows you to add user defined pids too, but i havent had much luck getting it to work yet. I wouldnt mind finding out the pid info for DPF soot level or Regen status.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=OCTech.Mobile.Applications.OBDLink&hl=en

I've tried the following:
DPF Soot level %
Module - ECM
OBD Mode=1
Pid Number=8B
Equation= (100/255)*C

Regen status
Module - ECM
OBD Mode=01
Pid Number=8B
Equation= {B:0}
Metric Units=1=Active/0=Off

I think the above might be specifc to the US Colorado or the earlier LMM/LBZ stuff?

Probably too late now that your going down the kiwi link, but this could of been or still could of been an option.

EFILIVE or customer branded obdi's.
http://www.obdsol.com/solutions/obd-adapters/custom-obd-adapters/

Snipesy
December 12th, 2016, 03:10 PM
I actually made a custom script which would 'scan' a list of PIDs and save the hex output. I have about 20 Gb of logs cause timestamps (should probably think of a better method). And thats where I see that jitter every 20 seconds. I suppose it might just be the ECM, but I somewhat doubt that considering it works fine on the laptop vs phone.

There's a crap ton of mode 22 PIDs. Like 400 at least on the cruze. About 70 of which are SAE, and most others will simply hold one value for all eternity. The remainder probably do something interesting which with time patterns emerge and boom you have PIDs... I've been trying to find one that gave operating modes but no such luck yet. Although I've found plenty of other stuff, none of which is 'new' sadly.

GMPX
December 12th, 2016, 03:13 PM
Must be in the way the network traffic is working on the can bus..
Yeah I don't know, it is a third party working on it.

Probably too late now that your going down the kiwi link, but this could of been or still could of been an option.
For the initial release yes too late but those ones you guys have we'll get some data on them and see how hard it might be to put them in at some point.
By the way, how much are they?

GMPX
December 12th, 2016, 03:16 PM
There's a crap ton of mode 22 PIDs. Like 400 at least on the cruze.
GM will sell you that info, but it is about $25K per model year for cars only and you have to be 'approved'.....we aren't so we have to figure out PID's the hard way.

hacklerjason
December 12th, 2016, 03:16 PM
Yeah I don't know, it is a third party working on it.

For the initial release yes too late but those ones you guys have we'll get some data on them and see how hard it might be to put them in at some point.
By the way, how much are they?
The device that quits working is likely treating the situation as a collision on the network and disconnects itself

Tre-Cool
December 12th, 2016, 03:26 PM
It depends on the model, The RRP on scantool.net has them from $49.99 to 79.99usd, I purchased the MX as it adds support for "SAE J2411 Single-Wire CAN (SW-CAN)"

not sure if you we require that though? Otherwise the base LX version supports:
ISO 15765-4 (CAN 250/500 kbps, 11/29 bit)
ISO 14230-4 (Keyword Protocol 2000)
ISO 9141-2 (Asian, European, Chrysler)
J1850 VPW (GM)
J1850 PWM (Ford)

The wifi version seems to be specific for Apple Idrone user's, but works also for android too.

I definitely love the idea of the Phone app, as it's something most people are always going to have on them regardless.

Not sure if would cut down on your sales of autocal's but i think some end users are going to find the autocal a overwhelming technical wise. I'd think most people are just happy to have their car flashed from the tuner and then being able to have DSP switching from the phone a lot easier. (1 less thing to get stolen if left in the car too)

I also found with my 17 model they moved the obdi plug and when i have the cable plugged in, it gets in the way over the top of the steering wheel and my accelerator pedal leg. With a small "wire-less" obdi adapter on the end you install it and forget it's there.

I wouldn't be surprised to find that the plx device is made by the same people as the OBDLINK...

GMPX
December 12th, 2016, 03:27 PM
Ok, I just talked to the app developer and they said some of those adaptors might work fine as they are all ELM327 based. We'll see, maybe don't buy the PLX ones just yet.

hacklerjason
December 12th, 2016, 03:31 PM
Raja! The obdlink is elm327... When it's ready let me know how I can get on

GMPX
December 12th, 2016, 03:32 PM
It depends on the model, The RRP on scantool.net has them from $49.99 to 79.99usd, I purchased the MX as it adds support for "SAE J2411 Single-Wire CAN (SW-CAN)"

The wifi version seems to be specific for Apple Idrone user's, but works also for android too.

You know from what you said there it sounds very much like some shared hardware going on.
The PLX Kiwi 2+ can only connect to iPhone's via a WiFi hotspot (obviously an Apple restriction on BT functions).

I definitely love the idea of the Phone app, as it's something most people are always going to have on them regardless.
Yes, 100% agree, it's not like you will change tunes 100 times a day, but it means you don't need your Autocal with you to do so.

I'd think most people are just happy to have their car flashed from the tuner and then being able to have DSP switching from the phone a lot easier.
Yes, that is exactly the target audience for this solution.

Tre-Cool
December 12th, 2016, 03:34 PM
Yeah me and Jason can beta up this bitch for the obdlink :-)

With the apple stuff, does the app need to go through the apple store and get approved and then a charge added for it.

Sucks to be them! hahaha

hacklerjason
December 12th, 2016, 03:35 PM
Yea I'm ready... I have my gear and I'm ok with "beta"... I'll put it through the ringer haha

Snipesy
December 12th, 2016, 04:02 PM
I don't know what the difference between PLX and the OBDLINK really is. They don't really release their documentation publicly and I never bothered to ask for it.

The obdlink stuff uses their own chip which is basically the standard elm327 but with some extra features. Alot of it just quality of life stuff.

GMPX
December 12th, 2016, 04:11 PM
Well like I said, it can't see the wild until all the legals are done anyway. But it will be interesting to know if it connects and works though, if it doesn't it won't get fixed until the app is out and we have some feed back on other issues that might need to be resolved.

With the apple stuff, does the app need to go through the apple store and get approved and then a charge added for it.
We will have to do the same for the Google Play Store, we aren't going to send out an .apk file to everyone. But as we are only asking for BT permission it shouldn't be too bad to get approval.
By the way, there is no iOS version, this is Android only at the moment.

I don't know what the difference between PLX and the OBDLINK really is. They don't really release their documentation publicly and I never bothered to ask for it.
The obdlink stuff uses their own chip which is basically the standard elm327 but with some extra features. Alot of it just quality of life stuff.
Yes that seems to be the case, hopefully we haven't tied ourselves in to PLX's quality of life :shock:

Tre-Cool
December 12th, 2016, 05:29 PM
How hard would it be to add the timing calculator function for the E98? I'm trying to come up with a spreadsheet for my own playing but im a little lost on the math calculations for the moment. (still investigating)

GMPX
December 12th, 2016, 05:56 PM
At the moment there is a lot going on so I don't want to pressure Paul to revisit it with the E98 in V7.
The original spreadsheets that were done for the early Duramax might shed some light on what needs to be done.

HOWQUICK
December 19th, 2016, 10:43 AM
Yeah sorry guys but V7.5 won't be getting the switching info put in it. We also planned on doing tune switching for the Cummins ECM from V8 scan as well. The switching systems aren't basic CAN messages, there is a bit involved and because of this the messaging format requires too much coding in V7 to do it.

Although this will be no good in a dyno situation we hope this new switching method we've been working on for the E98 will be a nice addition.

http://download.efilive.com/Staff/GMPX/DSP4_App.jpg

Hey! I didn't think I was allowed to talk about this yet?? Cats well out of the bag reading this thread!

HOWQUICK
December 19th, 2016, 10:52 AM

it is a great innovation for sure...really set the mind running when we first messed with it 12 months or so ago.

https://www.facebook.com/500514423301256/photos/a.880192915333403.1073741830.500514423301256/1417474658271890/?type=3&theater

Tre-Cool
December 19th, 2016, 06:49 PM
it is a great innovation for sure...really set the mind running when we first messed with it 12 months or so ago.

https://www.facebook.com/500514423301256/photos/a.880192915333403.1073741830.500514423301256/1417474658271890/?type=3&theater

Slightly off topic, but i used my colorado to race on friday after i snapped tailshaft in drag car... During trophy presentation I had a guy ask me about tunes for a toyota hilux so i gave him your details. I believe your doing them now?

HOWQUICK
December 19th, 2016, 09:54 PM
Slightly off topic, but i used my colorado to race on friday after i snapped tailshaft in drag car... During trophy presentation I had a guy ask me about tunes for a toyota hilux so i gave him your details. I believe your doing them now?

yes we are onto those bigtime. They are neat and a light tray back becomes a weapon with the ECU untied! Bit like the Collies...good power to be had there with the right thinking. Hard thing for petrol tuners is to stop thinking like petrol tuners! L70s blow me away with how grumpy they get also...but king of the road? In this country anyhow using all oem...L200 Landcruiser by a long way. Nothing like rolling off a corner with the twin turbs spooled!

GMPX
December 21st, 2016, 12:17 PM
I don't know what the difference between PLX and the OBDLINK really is.
Apparently not much, the OBDLink has been tested as working with the app with no changes at all which is good news for those that already own one.

Tre-Cool
December 21st, 2016, 01:07 PM
Score!

When the app is released will it be a free or purchase app.

I can understand if there this a price to it.

hacklerjason
December 21st, 2016, 01:16 PM
Apparently not much, the OBDLink has been tested as working with the app with no changes at all which is good news for those that already own one.
How does one get the commands into obdlink?

Tre-Cool
December 21st, 2016, 01:18 PM

The efilive app would just connect through the obdlink the same as the plx. it wont actually be sending commands through the obdlink app Jason.

GMPX
December 21st, 2016, 01:19 PM
The efilive app would just connect through the obdlink the same as the plx. it wont actually be sending commands through the obdlink app Jason.
Yes correct, and the app is 100% free :thumb_yello:
Which also means it won't progress beyond what it does, it won't become a scantool, flash tool etc, it is only for tune switching. Particularly when there is some pretty nice scantool apps that will work with these BT adaptors already.

Tre-Cool
December 21st, 2016, 01:28 PM
I'll have to purchase another license soon. my old man used my colorado to compare against his patrol on the weekend to tow his caravan.... he picks up his own on friday. haha

hacklerjason
December 21st, 2016, 02:21 PM
Yes correct, and the app is 100% free :thumb_yello:
Which also means it won't progress beyond what it does, it won't become a scantool, flash tool etc, it is only for tune switching. Particularly when there is some pretty nice scantool apps that will work with these BT adaptors already.
How does one get the app?

GMPX
December 21st, 2016, 02:56 PM
Google Play store when it is released, it is not out yet.

hacklerjason
December 22nd, 2016, 05:42 AM
Google Play store when it is released, it is not out yet.
Raja
I figured as much, any eta?

Snipesy
December 22nd, 2016, 06:03 AM

For bluetooth look into how Serial Port Protocol is implemented https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Bluetooth_profiles#Serial_Port_Profile_.28 SPP.29

USB is done in a more direct way through COM ports with an FTDI chip. You can also use a COM port directly if you have a cable for it.

WiFi you basically just have to set up a TCP Socket. I don't really know the details there, but I'm sure you can find them somewhere.

But all three will be compatible with one another, ex http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qiodevice.html would work for USB, SPP, and TCP if you finagle it together correctly.

Give up yet? :ermm:

Nah, so then the next steps is to reference the documentation for the device (elm327 for obdlink, whatever PLX uses). And start to manually control everything they do cause their implementation is crap, write your own CAN multi frame message sender and receiver. And build off of that.

And then you can have fun...

GMPX
December 22nd, 2016, 08:15 AM
I figured as much, any eta?
Should be January.

Nah, so then the next steps is to reference the documentation for the device (elm327 for obdlink, whatever PLX uses). And start to manually control everything they do cause their implementation is crap, write your own CAN multi frame message sender and receiver.
Yes it appears to be that way :sly:, I think it would be a struggle to implement any sort of decent flashing device using the ELM327.

Tre-Cool
January 10th, 2017, 02:32 AM
So with the Aus models. I can vouch for the following:

If you put a 2017 tune in a 2016 model it will work fine up until it tries to do a dpf regen, then the dash cluster comes up with dpf cleaning and wont go away. but wont actually switch modes. (flash back in a 2016 tune and it's golden)

If you put a 2016 tune in a 2017 model, it again will work fine and it'll never do a dpf regen.

So now this brings me to my next question for Ross, as we dont have access to disable the dpf function.. but we can copy segments... do you think the switch will be in the system or engine segment? I'm willing to give it a test, but as it can now take about 500km's for it to happen, so for me it'll take 5 days to see if worked.

Or are the segments when copied only relevant to the tables that show up and it's not an actual block of code in the calibration?

Snipesy
January 10th, 2017, 02:36 AM
If you have a tool and command a regen it should throw an error if it's disabled. Emphasis on should.

Tre-Cool
January 10th, 2017, 02:37 AM
I dont think there is any tools available locally to do it except what the dealers might have. I'll ask a mate who works for a holden dealership.

GMPX
January 10th, 2017, 10:07 AM
If you put a 2016 tune in a 2017 model, it again will work fine and it'll never do a dpf regen.
Can you just run with that then if the goal is to have them not do a regen or was there other oddities that popped up?

So now this brings me to my next question for Ross, as we dont have access to disable the dpf function.. but we can copy segments... do you think the switch will be in the system or engine segment?
I have no idea where it could be 'if' there is even just a simple on/off switch. I suspect it will be a combination of things with diagnostic disables and core functions turned off in the engine calibrations too.

Or are the segments when copied only relevant to the tables that show up and it's not an actual block of code in the calibration?
When a segment copy is done ALL the data of the segment is copied over, not just what is visible in EFILive.

I dont think there is any tools available locally to do it except what the dealers might have. I'll ask a mate who works for a holden dealership.
If you use the EFILive V7 scantool and connect to the ECM as an E35B you should be able to perform the regen overrides (note, never tried it on an E98).

Snipesy
January 10th, 2017, 11:40 AM
I know those options for the LMM don't work with the LML... And the LML mostly shares the same commands as the Colorado does here in the states. In fact pretty much all the post 2010 vehicles seem to share the exact same set of commands, even across the gas engines. It's just a matter of whether or not the command is enabled.

Tre-Cool
January 10th, 2017, 01:20 PM
Can you just run with that then if the goal is to have them not do a regen or was there other oddities that popped up?

I have no idea where it could be 'if' there is even just a simple on/off switch. I suspect it will be a combination of things with diagnostic disables and core functions turned off in the engine calibrations too.

When a segment copy is done ALL the data of the segment is copied over, not just what is visible in EFILive.

If you use the EFILive V7 scantool and connect to the ECM as an E35B you should be able to perform the regen overrides (note, never tried it on an E98).

I didnt notice any oddities. But i know there are other tables different between the 2 in regards to boost control pid stuff, but i honestly dont think it makes any difference. In fact i had accidentally flashed the tune from my dads my16 colorado into mine and it took me a few days to realize as they drive exactly the same. haha.

The only reason i was thinking of being to copy the segment was to keep most of the 17 base tune there and keep the same pedal demand structure as i've got mine worked out really well. But if you can find the switch for the table mode then that would just be a bonus.

Tre-Cool
January 10th, 2017, 09:48 PM
so i tried the e35b option and just got the red bar come up. so id' say thats a bust for a forced regen.

Tre-Cool
January 14th, 2017, 09:05 PM
so i did a engine segment swap and will run that for this tank to see if does a regen. Strangely so far i've already noticed that even though my injection fuel map/request, timing & boost are the same between the 17 & 16 cals. the EGT's are nearly 50c cooler & I can't feel a difference while driving. the 16 does look like it actually runs the requested boost a lot better than the 17 that's for sure, so that would help keep the egt's down.

I'll see how it goes further into the week.

hacklerjason
January 15th, 2017, 05:39 AM
@tre-cool you know I have fixed regen issues on USA trucks right?

Tre-Cool
January 16th, 2017, 11:10 PM

Attached is a screen shot of the difference between the 16 & 17 tunes in boost demand/actual.

The top is the 17 tune with the 16 engine segment. bottom is all 17. All boost demand/limits are identical between the tunes. I even tried playing around with turbo vane & pid stuff in hpt to no improvement.

It's some bizarre shit considering a simple flash with the 16 tune makes boost so much more responsive, not to mention a large drop in egt temps.

Tre-Cool
January 23rd, 2017, 04:48 AM
Couple of screen shots showing the differences between 16 & 17 EGT's at cruise speeds. Apart from slight boost differences all i can think of is the 17 must constantly run fuel through the dpf injector in the exhaust to maintain around 350c as even the factory tune sits around the same temp.

DPF Cleaning

Anyway i've had my fun :wallbash: trying figure out the dpf stuff & will hopefully have it removed this weekend, then i can run the 16 model engine segment full time as I gained close to 100km's on this tank running.

hacklerjason
January 23rd, 2017, 04:55 AM
I am still not showing the PIDs for EGR temp in v8... I thought it was added to most recent release?

Missing PID EGRCTS1 and EGRCTS2

hacklerjason
February 14th, 2017, 07:46 PM
I am still not showing the PID for EGR temp... I thought it was added to most recent release?

Missing PID EGRCTS1 and EGRCTS2

04Oct2016

any word on this being added to this platform for the usa?

hacklerjason
March 3rd, 2017, 06:58 AM
@cindy@efilive
@gmpx
Do any admins or devs watch this thread anymore? It would seem that you are very busy working on something major, which is great. But can you shine some light on my issues above please? It was supposed to be an easy change to add the egr cooler temps to the operating system for the usa e98. v7 has it but v8 does not...

Edit
My end goal is to be able to add egrct1 and egrct2 to my v2 for bbx

GMPX
March 3rd, 2017, 08:38 AM
Sorry, we watch the threads but things sometimes get forgotten about (yeah ok, I'm disorganised too). I'll write it on a post it note now and make sure it is looked at on Monday.

hacklerjason
March 3rd, 2017, 08:39 AM
Sorry, we watch the threads but things sometimes get forgotten about (yeah ok, I'm disorganised too). I'll write it on a post it note now and make sure it is looked at on Monday.
Great! Thanks so much Ross!

hacklerjason
March 3rd, 2017, 09:05 AM

Ross
If you guys have the time, i know you are very busy... Would like to make table requests... I need six tables actually... The tables i need are "Open Loop Desired Turbo Vane Position - EGR On" & "Open Loop Desired Turbo Vane Position - EGR Off" in low, med, and hi altitudes please...

I have been using a work around, but it is very involved... I have to pull a fresh read with the other guys software, make the changed to those tables, full flash into the ecm, key cycle, pull a fresh read with efi, key cycle, and finally full flash with efi... If i do not use the efi final steps, there are bugs in the ecm... For some odd reason, once full flashed with the other guys software there are bugs in the tune despite both softwares showing the same checksums... But if i do a read then full flash that exact read back into the ecm, i dont have those problems... The tables above would facilitate not needing the other software

Thanks in advance

GMPX
March 3rd, 2017, 12:35 PM
Yeah that sounds like a mess to have to deal with :Eyecrazy:
I'll add it to the E98 post it note.

hacklerjason
March 3rd, 2017, 12:58 PM
Yeah that sounds like a mess to have to deal with :Eyecrazy:
I'll add it to the E98 post it note.
It's not quite as bad as it sounds like since there is currently a work around. The crappy part is that i want to put the other guys cables in a dark drawer and not see them again since it do sincerely believe EFI to be superior. I just need the other software for those tables specifically... one cannot make a rumble tune or whistle tune without it. Thanks ross

GMPX
March 5th, 2017, 05:32 PM
hacklerjason, I've added in what I think are the tables you mean. I've attached an updated .calz file for you to please see if these are the tables you needed, search for 'B0572' and it should take you to the six new ones.
Just save the attached .calz file in to the folder:
:\Program Files (x86)\EFILive\V7.5\Calibrations\E98

Please let me know either way.

Cheers,
Ross

hacklerjason
March 5th, 2017, 05:37 PM
hacklerjason, I've added in what I think are the tables you mean. I've attached an updated .calz file for you to please see if these are the tables you needed, search for 'B0572' and it should take you to the six new ones.
Just save the attached .calz file in to the folder:
:\Program Files (x86)\EFILive\V7.5\Calibrations\E98

Please let me know either way.

Cheers,
Ross
Thanks Ross! 2 questions... 1) If I update after the time of updating my calz file, will the calz update be retained in the new updates moving forward? And 2) does this include the pids for v8 scan and bbx?

Edit
Confirmed to have the exact tables I was looking for and immediately upon opening I was able to see my rumble section!

Tre-Cool
March 5th, 2017, 08:24 PM
Can we get those same tables added to the Aus calz when you get the chance too please.

GMPX
March 6th, 2017, 09:32 AM
Thanks Ross! 2 questions...
1) If I update after the time of updating my calz file, will the calz update be retained in the new updates moving forward?
They will be included in a future update for everyone.

And 2) does this include the pids for v8 scan and bbx?
No, that still needs to be done, .calz files only apply to mapping.

Confirmed to have the exact tables I was looking for and immediately upon opening I was able to see my rumble section!
Thanks.

Can we get those same tables added to the Aus calz when you get the chance too please.
Yes, but the differences between AU and USA is annoyingly different, however I had planned to add them in for Aus too once we got confirmation they are what was needed.

hacklerjason
March 6th, 2017, 09:33 AM
They will be included in a future update for everyone.

No, that still needs to be done, .calz files only apply to mapping.

Thanks.

Yes, but the differences between AU and USA is annoyingly different, however I had planned to add them in for Aus too once we got confirmation they are what was needed.
You are awesome! Does that AUS/USA difference present additional challenge for those requested PIDs egrct1 and egrct2?

jheyob
March 6th, 2017, 12:39 PM
Nice, making progress. Do you plan to add anymore tables? Exhaust brake ones in particular, like the LML's?

hacklerjason
March 6th, 2017, 12:39 PM
Nice, making progress. Do you plan to add anymore tables? Exhaust brake ones in particular, like the LML's?
Hey I didn't know you were on here as well!

jheyob
March 6th, 2017, 12:43 PM
Hey I didn't know you were on here as well!

Yeah, it's a good place to turn to if you run into a problem. Typically somebody else has already experienced it and posted about it. This is the only thread I check anymore though, hoping for more tables/updates yet haha.

hacklerjason
March 6th, 2017, 12:44 PM
Yeah, it's a good place to turn to if you run into a problem. Typically somebody else has already experienced it and posted about it. This is the only thread I check anymore though, hoping for more tables/updates yet haha.
Well we did just get those open loop vgt tables and I have the feeling they are much more useful than just for making rumble tunes haha...

Tre-Cool
March 6th, 2017, 04:53 PM
I would also be curious to know if there is a calibration table difference between the 16 to 17 model tunes for the EGT sensors. It still has me stumped how i can have an 80 degree Celsius difference at the same fuel/timing/boost load between the year tunes.

GMPX
March 9th, 2017, 09:21 AM
You are awesome! Does that AUS/USA difference present additional challenge for those requested PIDs egrct1 and egrct2?
The PID issue is fixed and will be rolled out in the next update.
The VGT tables (I also just added a couple more) will only be in the US vehicles at this stage. The Aus and USA cals are vastly different including table sizes, after spending hours and hours on the damn Aus OS's looking for the same tables I had to walk away half way through before my head exploded in frustration, I'll revist at some stage.

hacklerjason
March 9th, 2017, 09:22 AM
The PID issue is fixed and will be rolled out in the next update.
The VGT tables (I also just added a couple more) will only be in the US vehicles at this stage. The Aus and USA cals are vastly different including table sizes, after spending hours and hours on the damn Aus OS's looking for the same tables I had to walk away half way through before my head exploded in frustration, I'll revist at some stage.
Thanks Ross! I really appreciate the work all of you do for us!

hacklerjason
March 9th, 2017, 12:56 PM
@gmpx what tables did you find to add in?

GMPX
March 9th, 2017, 04:45 PM
Actually it was someone had requested them, they were min/max VGT positions.

hacklerjason
March 9th, 2017, 06:48 PM
Actually it was someone had requested them, they were min/max VGT positions.
Nice!
Are those additions going to be in the future release of DSP4 os 65493455? When DSP4 patch was applied, vane position tables are not in tune 1-4 nor in the boost control section... If they were not, can I add that to the feature request? Thanks a ton Ross!

cindy@efilive
March 9th, 2017, 07:02 PM
Duramax E98 DSP4 Switching app is now available. See the release details in todays newsletter or on our website here http://www.efilive.com/latest/cat/newsletter/post/duramax-e98-dsp4-switching-app/

Cheers
Cindy

Tre-Cool
March 9th, 2017, 07:12 PM
I might give the dsp4 a play again. i found it rather pointless for my own needs as i just drove it with the same tune for commuting & towing. Now if was possible to have selectable trans tunes that would be awesome, i.e use the unused calibration in the t43 for a tow mode etc.

hacklerjason
March 9th, 2017, 07:34 PM
I might give the dsp4 a play again. i found it rather pointless for my own needs as i just drove it with the same tune for commuting & towing. Now if was possible to have selectable trans tunes that would be awesome, i.e use the unused calibration in the t43 for a tow mode etc.
I think it does have a tow map.. I see a total of 3 different maps... 1 is unused but our unused map is TUTD.

Tre-Cool
March 9th, 2017, 07:38 PM
yeah ours has the first 2 auto maps configured. then the 3rd is all max'd out.

normally on the commodore, the 1st one was drive. then you had sports, cruise & tutd modes.

it seems on our colorado's drive/cruise is the same map. then tutd is like normal.

hacklerjason
March 10th, 2017, 06:52 AM
Also... If there are any other tables that affect engine performance while EGR is on vs off, those would be useful as well....

hacklerjason
April 6th, 2017, 06:03 PM
Just downloaded april beta... Any word back yet on the VGT tables getting added into DSP4? Would love the ability to switch between whistling and rumbling...

hacklerjason
April 23rd, 2017, 05:08 PM
Still waiting on the PID for egr cooler temps 1 & 2... these PIDs have been available in v7.5 for a long time, but v7.5 is missing boost... Any eta on when those PIDs were gonna be added? @gmpx indicated it was easy and should be added... Months have passed... Any word?

GMPX
April 25th, 2017, 08:55 AM
The E98 PID list was updated in late March so the current V8 release should have them showing.
Note, I've been away for 3 weeks so I am not sure what has gone on with software releases, this is my first day back.

hacklerjason
April 25th, 2017, 08:56 AM
The E98 PID list was updated in late March so the current V8 release should have them showing.
Note, I've been away for 3 weeks so I am not sure what has gone on with software releases, this is my first day back.
Welcome back!

hacklerjason
April 25th, 2017, 09:13 AM
To follow up, I just checked the April beta 2 and can confirm the pids have been updated. I'm not using the betas though so I will have to wait for next release. Is there any way to extract that PID list from April beta 2 and apply to Feb release?

GMPX
April 25th, 2017, 09:17 AM
No sorry, all the files need to work in conjunction with other files from the same release.

hacklerjason
April 25th, 2017, 09:47 AM
No sorry, all the files need to work in conjunction with other files from the same release.
Gotcha... Any word on next public release date? Don't wanna use betas

GMPX
April 25th, 2017, 11:40 AM
I don't know sorry, as I said initially "I've been away for 3 weeks so I am not sure what has gone on with software releases, this is my first day back."

hacklerjason
April 25th, 2017, 11:49 AM
I don't know sorry, as I said initially "I've been away for 3 weeks so I am not sure what has gone on with software releases, this is my first day back."
As I stated initially, "welcome back" ... Is there anybody else that hasn't been gone for the last 3 weeks who watches these forums and might have insight?

cindy@efilive
April 25th, 2017, 12:00 PM
The latest beta software was released 5 days ago. Typically beta needs to be 3-4 weeks without issue before it can become public release.

Cheers
Cindy

hacklerjason
April 25th, 2017, 12:02 PM
The latest beta software was released 5 days ago. Typically beta needs to be 3-4 weeks without issue before it can become public release.

Cheers
Cindy
Great! I appreciate that!

Tre-Cool
May 11th, 2017, 05:36 PM
Any chance you can get the developer of the DSP4 program to enable it to detect screen orientation? (or just enable a horizontal view mode in settings)

Seems to only work in portrait mode. I have picked my self up some 7" android devices so i can have them in the car displaying EGT's, boost etc.

the app runs fine but it wont flip to a horizontal layout.