PDA

View Full Version : dsp5 tune being limited and confused why

djv86
July 6th, 2015, 05:52 PM
hello there i made a dsp5 tune and am trying to make tune 5( program 4 ) have a little more fuel than tune 4 ( program 3 ) i have almost identical file on a similar truck and that truck smokes a ton... the truck in the log below has a small cloud at initial throttle but clean the entire way through... while playing the data log and having the tune open at the same time I'm seeing that the commanded MM3 is only between 20-30mm3 on the ignition pulse yet under the throttle based quantity it shows 110mm3 I'm slightly confused what it limiting the fuel..

fell free to go over and let me know what you think.. i understand the injection amount it slightly high for injectors

djv86
July 12th, 2015, 04:17 PM
nobody out there have any suggestions upon why the MM3 is being limited ?

DURAtotheMAX
July 15th, 2015, 02:20 AM
I didnt look at the file, but you made sure to full-flash the file right?

On LB7's, each time a change is made to DSP-5 tunes, you have to FULL flash.

Ben

DURAtotheMAX
July 15th, 2015, 02:28 AM
OK I just looked at it.

B0752, B0728, B0732, G0901-G0909 could be limiting you.

A couple other things I noticed. Thats too much pulsewidth for an LB7. You are gaining nothing going above ~3050uS on a stock LB7.

And your timing, yikes. Back it down. You're gonna blow something up.

And did you forget to adjust your timing compensation factor/multiplier tables?? You cant just go making a tune and ignore those. There are a lot of other things in the tune that are sketchy/need work too.

Just my opinion....

Ben

djv86
July 15th, 2015, 02:28 AM
Oh yes. Tps commanded 100mm3 but when performing datalog only got to 30-40mm3 max

DURAtotheMAX
July 15th, 2015, 02:31 AM
Oh yes. Tps commanded 100mm3 but when performing datalog only got to 30-40mm3 max

Have you logged the MAF sensor? Check all of the other things I wrote in post #4 too.

djv86
July 15th, 2015, 02:35 AM
️Ya ended up redoing it since the post and works fine now. About the pw I figured in the low mpa area of the main inj pulse table it starts high and drops down with fuel pressure I figured as long as I keep it under that it might be alright. Truck runs good. And I just was playing around with timing hoping give it a little more down low before boost comes in to try and get it a little more outta the hole

DURAtotheMAX
July 15th, 2015, 03:05 AM
️Ya ended up redoing it since the post and works fine now. About the pw I figured in the low mpa area of the main inj pulse table it starts high and drops down with fuel pressure I figured as long as I keep it under that it might be alright. Truck runs good. And I just was playing around with timing hoping give it a little more down low before boost comes in to try and get it a little more outta the hole

Yeah thats because your rail pressure limit table is still stock............you increased the desired rail pressure tables all around, but thats not gonna do shit when you left the main limiter table stock.

And thats still too much timing. You need to go through and custom tune ALL of the timing compensation/multiplier tables. Otherwise you're going to get a shitty rattly mess at different altitudes, temperatures, etc.

"truck runs good" means nothing. Might run good now, but check back in a couple thousand miles after abusing it with 38* of timing...

THEFERMANATOR
July 15th, 2015, 09:22 AM
Come on now, i seen one run at 3400 with a oversized pump and 45 over sticks running 36 degrees of timing. Granted his crank broke less thaan 100 miles later, but hey, it ran good until.

DURAtotheMAX
July 15th, 2015, 09:43 AM
Come on now, i seen one run at 3400 with a oversized pump and 45 over sticks running 36 degrees of timing. Granted his crank broke less thaan 100 miles later, but hey, it ran good until.

haha! :anitoof:

djv86
August 28th, 2015, 06:56 AM
Yeah thats because your rail pressure limit table is still stock............you increased the desired rail pressure tables all around, but thats not gonna do shit when you left the main limiter table stock.

And thats still too much timing. You need to go through and custom tune ALL of the timing compensation/multiplier tables. Otherwise you're going to get a shitty rattly mess at different altitudes, temperatures, etc.

"truck runs good" means nothing. Might run good now, but check back in a couple thousand miles after abusing it with 38* of timing...

The timing is from the Josh's calculator at like 55% and it's been driving like this still everyday on tune 5 no issues.

djv86
November 24th, 2015, 05:20 PM

youve been messaging my friend travis and i chaged timing to 50% as per what the starlite tuning book states and still hits 1700 egts at WOT so what were you suggesting about doing

THEFERMANATOR
November 25th, 2015, 07:39 AM
youve been messaging my friend travis and i chaged timing to 50% as per what the starlite tuning book states and still hits 1700 egts at WOT so what were you suggesting about doing
I'm on my desktop now, and going to look at it. From my initial glance, you were running ALOT of PW, and very little timing. Also it appeared the limiters were still stock which is going to prevent the timing from going up where it's commanded, and you were calling for ALOT of torque in the throttle table, so much so it is maxxing out at 80% throttle. I'm going to take a closer look at it, but a 2500 PW is going to run fairly high EGT's anyway you look at it.

djv86
November 25th, 2015, 08:03 AM
I'm on my desktop now, and going to look at it. From my initial glance, you were running ALOT of PW, and very little timing. Also it appeared the limiters were still stock which is going to prevent the timing from going up where it's commanded, and you were calling for ALOT of torque in the throttle table, so much so it is maxxing out at 80% throttle. I'm going to take a closer look at it, but a 2500 PW is going to run fairly high EGT's anyway you look at it.

Ya, what kinda hp you think that tune does? And is 1700 for like two seconds bad ? Lol I try to avoid it but sometimes little Japanese cars gotta get the let down