PDA

View Full Version : can you stop DTC from reporting

capitalx
July 13th, 2015, 09:40 AM
I converted a Hummer H2 GMT800 with duramax drivetrain and in this particular application I'm not using the front wheel 4wd actuator from the donor duramax truck.

Are there any methods for editing the script for the reporting module or disable the DTC? If not with EFILive then are there other methods?

DTC C0379 from the transfer case. As long as the code is being thrown by not detecting the actuator the truck won't go into 4wd.

DURAtotheMAX
July 15th, 2015, 02:19 AM
I converted a Hummer H2 GMT800 with duramax drivetrain and in this particular application I'm not using the front wheel 4wd actuator from the donor duramax truck.

Are there any methods for editing the script for the reporting module or disable the DTC? If not with EFILive then are there other methods?

DTC C0379 from the transfer case. As long as the code is being thrown by not detecting the actuator the truck won't go into 4wd.

EFILive cant do anything about transfer case-related DTC's....because those are handled by the transfer case control module, not the ECM or TCM.

My best recommendation is to plug in a stock front axle actuator and zip-tie it along the frame rail or something, to fool the transfer case computer into passing the front axle actuator diagnostics.

Ben

capitalx
July 15th, 2015, 02:46 AM
EFILive cant do anything about transfer case-related DTC's....because those are handled by the transfer case control module, not the ECM or TCM.

My best recommendation is to plug in a stock front axle actuator and zip-tie it along the frame rail or something, to fool the transfer case computer into passing the front axle actuator diagnostics.

Ben

Hello Ben - Thanks for the reply, I always know when I read a post from DURAtotheMax your getting solid advice. That is the current solution in place but I can't stop digging deeper for a better solution.

Being a guy who can't admit defeat, I'm on the quest for a more permanent solution. I'm under the assumption that it's a class2 data signal to the TCCM. I've been reading about CAN hacks and devices to monitor class2 signals. Do you think it's possible to figure out the signal and duplicate it with a diy module or hack the signal in order to get desired results?

DURAtotheMAX
July 15th, 2015, 03:02 AM
Hello Ben - Thanks for the reply, I always know when I read a post from DURAtotheMax your getting solid advice. That is the current solution in place but I can't stop digging deeper for a better solution.

Being a guy who can't admit defeat, I'm on the quest for a more permanent solution. I'm under the assumption that it's a class2 data signal to the TCCM. I've been reading about CAN hacks and devices to monitor class2 signals. Do you think it's possible to figure out the signal and duplicate it with a diy module or hack the signal in order to get desired results?

It has nothing to do with data messages or anything.....it has nothing to do with any other module besides the transfer case computer itself!! You need to reverse the binary of the transfer case computer operating system/calibration, and tell it to not run the diagnostics on the front axle actuator. That is the ONLY WAY you are going to do it.

Like I said...its not a "message to the TCCM"...the TCCM controls the front axle actuator directly, and it is the only module that runs diagnostics on the circuit. That would be like asking "can I hack the databus to stop the ECM from setting a code for a bad MAF sensor".

Ben

capitalx
July 15th, 2015, 03:14 AM
You need to reverse the binary of the transfer case computer operating system/calibration, and tell it to not run the diagnostics on the front axle actuator. Ben

Are you aware if this type of thing can be done? I have two other items I would like to do regarding the TCCM programming.

DURAtotheMAX
July 15th, 2015, 03:25 AM
Are you aware if this type of thing can be done? I have two other items I would like to do regarding the TCCM programming.

Sure it can be done. You have to know about reverse engineering hex/binarys...and then you'll have to map everything out. Similar concept to reverse engineering and mapping an ECM or TCM, but probably a lot simpler (relatively speaking).

Will you find someone knowledgeable enough about the subject willing to put in the 100+ hours to map out the TCCM and make changes? Probably not...and if you do, it wont be cheap!!

capitalx
July 15th, 2015, 05:05 AM
Sure it can be done. You have to know about reverse engineering hex/binarys...and then you'll have to map everything out. Similar concept to reverse engineering and mapping an ECM or TCM, but probably a lot simpler (relatively speaking).

Will you find someone knowledgeable enough about the subject willing to put in the 100+ hours to map out the TCCM and make changes? Probably not...and if you do, it wont be cheap!!

Well that explains why I've had such a tough time finding info on the subject

Thanks Ben for sharing your knowledge!