PDA

View Full Version : New to EFI Cummins tuning.

rbp4u
July 16th, 2015, 03:45 PM
Flashed my first 07 6.7 tonight. Built a standard base tune for a guy and had plans to turn it up till he was happy once I made sure all was ok.

Well, shocker, not all was ok. Truck starts and runs but that's about it. Runs ok at 10-20% throttle, but if you lay in it, nothing. Not until the truck gets to about 2500rpm will it finally fuel and go somewhere.

Curious if I am missing some common limiter or if the fresh air flow and mass charge air flow tables are actually limiting it? They are untouched but the min max turbo maps have been messed with.

Help and hints would be appreciated.

ATPCummins
July 17th, 2015, 02:14 AM
Some adjustments to your fuel limiters should help some.

rbp4u
July 17th, 2015, 07:00 AM
Thank you.

I was able to get the truck to do what it was told, but I didn't have time to individually change limiters till I found which one exactly was holding me up. (customer needed truck this afternoon) I feel like it was torque converter protection one, as the commanded mm3 was not above any of the boost or torque tables and I wouldn't expect it to be in the correct baro map to have those even come into play. Could you verify this for me? I would like to save the time to reversing my changes one by one if possible.

Thanks again, MC