PDA

View Full Version : V2 on a MotorCycle?

Wolfie
July 21st, 2015, 01:07 PM
I'm installing a PLX wideband on my bike. (The same one I am using in my van, modded to plug into the V2)
Wondering if I can use my V2 to do the logging?
Also, can I also use the a/d inputs?
I guess what I am asking is can I use it without it being connected to the ecu?

joecar
July 22nd, 2015, 04:18 AM
No, you need data frames to insert serial/analog data into.

Also you need +12V battery power/ground.

Chevy366
July 22nd, 2015, 04:53 AM
That would be nice wouldn't it, I have often wondered that myself and thought it would. I know on my Yamaha you can get to the ECU port real easily (I don't mean to try and hook it up to the port, just that the ECU has a plug-in) and 12v and ground are easy to obtain as well, the PLX should work in Digital mode on the V2.

joecar says no, then it probably means no, but it would be nice.

joecar can you elaborate as to why the V2 would not record data if it had power, ground and wideband data port connected?

joecar
July 22nd, 2015, 10:37 AM
I'm only saying no from point of view that the ECM would have to use GMLAN or GMVPW protocol.

2002_z28_six_speed
July 26th, 2015, 01:59 AM
As a rider I would advise you to get the tuning done on a dyno. Too much can go wrong with this.

Wolfie
July 26th, 2015, 08:18 AM
as a "tuner" who has been tuning bikes for well over 40 years, I'm quite comfortable doing this.
And toJoe.... POOP! now have to make/get a datalogger....

joecar
July 26th, 2015, 05:23 PM
Sorry Wolfie...

Chevy366
July 27th, 2015, 05:45 AM
Is that protocol needed to just data log wideband output? Not wanting to log ECU or ECM output just use V2 as recording device for wideband.
So even if the V2 was powered up correctly, the V2 still needs the send and receive of the ECU to enable data logging for the wideband data port?

As Wolfie said POOP!