PDA

View Full Version : Why desired engine power PID not working ?

wesam
July 25th, 2015, 09:16 AM
Any body have luck with E92.REQPWR_DMA ?
When i tried to log it it seems not supported in GM E92 Trucks
any help will be appreciated

wesam
July 26th, 2015, 08:33 AM
Any help will be appreciated

wesam
July 31st, 2015, 07:49 AM
Strange 5 days and still no answer ?!! for simple question about one PID

a78turbo
July 31st, 2015, 08:16 AM
On the PID, you can check the needed parameters to see if there is another PID not selected that may also be needed to read correctly. The E78 has the same issues.

joecar
August 1st, 2015, 10:57 PM
On the PID, you can check the needed parameters to see if there is another PID not selected that may also be needed to read correctly. The E78 has the same issues.
This is what is done for calc pids... but this is not a calc pid... this is a DMA pid, these are defined only for particular OS's.

joecar
August 1st, 2015, 10:57 PM
Any body have luck with E92.REQPWR_DMA ?
When i tried to log it it seems not supported in GM E92 Trucks
any help will be appreciated
Which OS id...?

GMPX
August 2nd, 2015, 09:22 AM
As an FYI, 'any' PID that ends in _DMA requires a lot of time for us to define, sometimes a few hours just to add 4 or 5 PID's PER ECM PER OS so you can see how they are quite demanding and unfortunately often neglected.
I'm not sure how useful ' 'Exx.REQPWR_DMA' actually is though, it is just gives the result from the pedal > KW tables.

wesam
August 5th, 2015, 01:29 AM
As an FYI, 'any' PID that ends in _DMA requires a lot of time for us to define, sometimes a few hours just to add 4 or 5 PID's PER ECM PER OS so you can see how they are quite demanding and unfortunately often neglected.
I'm not sure how useful ' 'Exx.REQPWR_DMA' actually is though, it is just gives the result from the pedal > KW tables.

I'm fighting to keep throttle open for a FI E92 cars
So i think if i know how much torque the peadle request and compare it to the actual torque i can put the correct numbera in torque tables

GMPX
August 6th, 2015, 01:22 PM
You could create a spreadsheet in Excel to convert the KW numbers to a desired torque figure, would that help?

Highlander
August 7th, 2015, 07:29 AM
This is SUPER useful Ross.... and not necessarily will give out what is in the table.

Highlander
August 7th, 2015, 07:31 AM
I'm fighting to keep throttle open for a FI E92 cars
So i think if i know how much torque the peadle request and compare it to the actual torque i can put the correct numbera in torque tables

You are chasing your tail.