PDA

View Full Version : Aug 07, 2015: EFILive Public Pre-Release

Blacky
July 27th, 2015, 05:57 PM
Please download and install both the V7.5 and V8 software packages.

Both the V7.5 and V8 software were updated in this release, you must update both software packages.

Updated Aug 07 to resolve known issues 7 and 8.

Download V7.5 Software (http://download.efilive.com/Software/V7.5/EFILiveV7.5.7.290_Setup.exe) (101 MB)
Download V8 Software (http://download.efilive.com/Software/V8/EFILiveV8.2.2.283_Setup.exe) (64 MB)

Release Notes:
Whats New (http://download.efilive.com/Software/whatsnew_283.htm)

IMPORTANT
The Auto-Lock implementation for E39, E92 and E98 controllers requires that tuners and customers upgrade their AutoCal and FlashScan firmware to V2.07.86 or later. The upgrade is required to prevent *.ctz and *.coz tune files created using this pre-release (or later) from being used with older software or firmware.

Tuners: If you update your software and/or firmware and attempt to deliver new tune files to your customers, then your customers must also update to that same or later version or they will not be able to flash those new tune files.

Existing tune files will continue to work normally with the new software.

Known Issues
Please post new issues, questions or clarifications (large or small) in this thread.

As new issues are verified they will be posted in the Known Issues thread (https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?25814-Known-issues-with-Aug-07-2015-Public-Pre-Release).

Version Numbers:

After installing the latest release you should have the following software, boot block, firmware versions installed:

EFILive V7 software: V7.5.7 Build 290
To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V7 Scan or Tune software).

EFILive V8 software: V8.2.2 Build 283
To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V8 Scan and Tune software).

Boot Block: V2.07.07 (Feb 07, 2014)
To view/update the Boot Block, click the [Check Firmware] button in the V8 Scan and Tune software.

Firmware: V2.07.88 (Aug 03, 2015)
To view/update the Firmware, click the [Check Firmware] button in the V8 Scan and Tune software.

Regards
The EFILive Development Team

Tre-Cool
July 27th, 2015, 10:44 PM
sorry to post in here, but is there any scheduled work pencilled in for the t43's to be looked at again. if so, can a priority be put on getting access for the shift adapts?

I eagerly look forward to each new versions releases notes and nada, no mention of t43's. not bitchin, just curious.

GMPX
July 28th, 2015, 09:56 AM
At some stage 'maybe' but to be honest the horse has already bolted on the T43, it is nearly 10 years old now, most additional support requests come for new models and with GM's current generation of controllers getting constantly updated (E39A, E78, E80, E92, E98, T87 and some I probably forgot about), myself and and our other cals guy struggle to keep up with the demands on those. I won't be looking at the T43 again but the other developer has it on his list (pretty far down though).

Tre-Cool
July 28th, 2015, 02:14 PM
At some stage 'maybe' but to be honest the horse has already bolted on the T43, it is nearly 10 years old now, most additional support requests come for new models and with GM's current generation of controllers getting constantly updated (E39A, E78, E80, E92, E98, T87 and some I probably forgot about), myself and and our other cals guy struggle to keep up with the demands on those. I won't be looking at the T43 again but the other developer has it on his list (pretty far down though).

How can it not be still relevant? it's still being installed in current model cars/trucks! Hopefully your not getting it confused with the old 4l60-t42 combo.

I'm talking about the 6l80e stuff from 2011 onwards. pre-11 you guys have all the shift adapt stuff which is great but past 2010 when they changed tcm manufacturer we are very limited. Hell, doesn't the new Colorado's use the t43's now also?

Not having the shift adapts for the newer models is the only reason I haven't purchased a stream license for this model controller.

I'm not having a go at you, I just find it odd you don't think of it as a current generation controller, especially seeing as it'll still be in the holden line-up until they finish production in 2017.

GMPX
July 28th, 2015, 04:03 PM
How can it not be still relevant?
I never said it wasn't relevant as I know the 6 speed will be around for a few more years to come, unfortunately the T43 isn't going to keep our office doors open, that is what I meant.
We could spend 3 months enhancing the T43 but our staff are not volunteers so we need to make business decisions that will keep them employed without going broke (yep, I know I'll get slammed for saying that). The T76 is another problem child at the moment, late model software changes that have left us scratching our heads on many tables for them too, damn GM and their constant software rewrites.

Blacky
July 30th, 2015, 06:08 PM
Rather than start an entirly new thread, this July 28 pre-release thread has been updated to July 31 pre-release.
Regards
Paul

MyM8V8
August 1st, 2015, 02:52 AM

I understand your commercial constraints. However I have just got a 2015 Maloo R8 with a T43. Thats why I have invested in your product and licenses. T43's are still rolling of the production lines.

GMPX
August 2nd, 2015, 10:08 AM
I understand your commercial constraints. However I have just got a 2015 Maloo R8 with a T43. Thats why I have invested in your product and licenses. T43's are still rolling of the production lines.

As I said above "I never said it wasn't relevant as I know the 6 speed will be around for a few more years to come" , the balance we try to find is the R&D time between all the controllers we support.

MyM8V8
August 2nd, 2015, 09:34 PM
Thanks.

Still love the product.

ATPCummins
August 5th, 2015, 10:28 AM
I am not sure which recent software version this started with (July 28th?), but when making security changes to a tune file in the quick setup I get a message that states "connected device has been changed from EFILive AutoCal V2 to EFILive FlashScan V2. This means that I have to reselect the autocal after making changes otherwise the quick setup file is flashed into my v2 instead of the autocal. Also, I don't remember having to click "ok" after selecting "link to remote autocal" before either. These are not a big deal but it is a bit of an inconvenience that takes a little extra time which adds up over a day of tuning autocal. Just my input... Besides that everything has been working well for me.

Blacky
August 5th, 2015, 11:00 AM
I am not sure which recent software version this started with (July 28th?), but when making security changes to a tune file in the quick setup I get a message that states "connected device has been changed from EFILive AutoCal V2 to EFILive FlashScan V2. This means that I have to reselect the autocal after making changes otherwise the quick setup file is flashed into my v2 instead of the autocal. Also, I don't remember having to click "ok" after selecting "link to remote autocal" before either. These are not a big deal but it is a bit of an inconvenience that takes a little extra time which adds up over a day of tuning autocal. Just my input... Besides that everything has been working well for me.

Hi Mike,

I can see how both of those are annoying.

I can easily remove the "ok" prompt for the "Link to AutoCal" option. The prompt is not needed because it is trivial to remove the link if/when that option is selected by mistake.
Changing the connection to FlashScan should be done silently in the background, and if a connection to an AutoCal was already established that conenction should be automatically restored - I'll put that on the to-do list.

Regards
Paul

ATPCummins
August 6th, 2015, 02:28 AM
Hi Mike,

I can see how both of those are annoying.

I can easily remove the "ok" prompt for the "Link to AutoCal" option. The prompt is not needed because it is trivial to remove the link if/when that option is selected by mistake.
Changing the connection to FlashScan should be done silently in the background, and if a connection to an AutoCal was already established that conenction should be automatically restored - I'll put that on the to-do list.

Regards
Paul

Thank you, Sir.

Chevy366
August 7th, 2015, 06:37 AM
Got a $0333 error code, I updated the V2 (Aug 3rd,2015) to the new updated firmware (this one here in this section) and tried to do a hand held full flash (LS1B) flash failed and code appeared, tried a Cal flash and still the same error code.
Have been flashing this same PCM for years now and with this new software I get an error code, going backwards not forwards are we not?
Can you make it where one can disable that stupid locking the PCM every time you make a change to the tune it locks the tune again, annoying. I don't want or need to lock the PCM so I don't want that feature at all period. I don't censor my own PCM. And I don't lock tunes I do for others either.

And the Explorer section will not show newly created tunes, even after a "F5" refresh, have to hand copy it there, not right.

Blacky
August 7th, 2015, 09:21 AM
Got a $0333 error code, I updated the V2 (Aug 3rd,2015) to the new updated firmware (this one here in this section) and tried to do a hand held full flash (LS1B) flash failed and code appeared, tried a Cal flash and still the same error code.
Have been flashing this same PCM for years now and with this new software I get an error code, going backwards not forwards are we not?
Can you make it where one can disable that stupid locking the PCM every time you make a change to the tune it locks the tune again, annoying. I don't want or need to lock the PCM so I don't want that feature at all period. I don't censor my own PCM. And I don't lock tunes I do for others either.

And the Explorer section will not show newly created tunes, even after a "F5" refresh, have to hand copy it there, not right.

The software/firmware should never lock a controller unless instructed to. However, in one of the releases over the past few months a bug existed that caused the LS1B controller to have its seed/key incorrectly set to $0000/$0000 during a full flash. After that happens to a cotroller the controller appears to FlashScan as if it is not secured with any key (which is what a seed of $0000 means). However because of the bug the controller is actually locked with a key of $0000.

So assuming the controlelr has fallen victim to that bug at some stage in the past...

In the V8 software, to force FlashScan to send the $0000 key (even after it sees the seed of $0000) you must check the "Assume Lock May Be Faulty" check box. And to force FlashScan to send the key of $0000 you have to check the "Try Alt Keys" checkbox. So with both of those check boxes checked you should be able read/flash the controller.

To get the seed/key back to normal (so the controlelr appears to be locked with a standard GM seed/key pair), use the V7 lock/unlock option to unlock the controller by using a key value of $0000 and checking the "Try Alt Keys" checkbox.

Regards
Paul

Blacky
August 7th, 2015, 09:22 AM

Can you please elaborate on this problem, I'm not sure I follow exactly what you are trying to explain?

Regards
Paul

Blacky
August 8th, 2015, 11:41 AM
A new Update has been posted (Aug 07) to correct some minor PID display issues.
Regards
Paul

joecar
August 8th, 2015, 02:26 PM
Thanks for the update.

Chevy366
August 10th, 2015, 06:50 AM
When I open Explorer Icon on the desktop the software window displays the current state of the V2 and contents of the files (tunes) on the controller, above the listed files on the controller are the (tunes) in the last section entry I had open (2005 tunes) in that folder I placed the last created tune file there when saving but it is not present when I open the Explorer window, I used F5 to refresh that open window in an attempt to refresh the entries and possibly make the newly created file appear. Only way I can get it to appear is open My Documents>Program files>Efilive>7.5>Bins>2005 tunes and then copy and paste the file into the file list, of course I can do a drag and drop directly from Bins folder into the controller and not from the list above through Explorer and it copies the file but if I want to make changes to the file and just be able to drag and drop from Explorer file read section I have to copy the file into the list.
Make any sense?

Chevy366
August 10th, 2015, 07:02 AM
The software/firmware should never lock a controller unless instructed to.
So when I open a tune from V8 for "edit", every time I am asked if I want to "save" changes to the tune if I answer "save" it locks the tune file and I have to unlock it every time through the V8 software before I can make modifications to that file, well not every time some times it will allow me to open the tune again through 7.5 tune software without needing to unlock, that is if I have not rebooted the computer. If I reboot the computer and try re-opening the tune file through the 7.5 tune software it will display "unknown" and I have to open the V8 software "unlock" the tune and press the "edit" in V8 to open the 7.5 tune software again.
Shouldn't the 7.5 software remember the last tune opened and default to that tune and not require V8 to be opened and the "edit" function through the V8 be used?
Is it me trying to open the tune through the 7.5 Tune software causing the V8 to lock the tune again?

Edit: Just tired it, I opened a tune through V8 Scan and Tune by the "edit" function, made a change "saved" it, reopened it and got a locked tune use properties to unlock warning. Properties and sure enough "lock" was on had to unlock again. Don't like this slow and cumbersome.
Maybe I should say "security restrictions", it does show a "lock" as the icon, so locking it does right?
If the tune restrictions are locked does it lock the controller (PCM) when flashed to it?

Chevy366
August 10th, 2015, 07:09 AM
In the V8 software, to force FlashScan to send the $0000 key (even after it sees the seed of $0000) you must check the "Assume Lock May Be Faulty" check box. And to force FlashScan to send the key of $0000 you have to check the "Try Alt Keys" checkbox. So with both of those check boxes checked you should be able read/flash the controller.

To get the seed/key back to normal (so the controlelr appears to be locked with a standard GM seed/key pair), use the V7 lock/unlock option to unlock the controller by using a key value of $0000 and checking the "Try Alt Keys" checkbox.

Regards
Paul
Wait you said V7 did you mean V8 or V7.5 lock/unlock option?
Will this reset the Controller and not require any more voodoo bootlegging to make the controller work again?
I am assuming that you mean to do a flash in pass through mode using a laptop and not in hand held mode? Can I do a full flash or does it matter the mode used?

Edit: I see in V8 under "properties> remote control" that you can set the parameters you describe and then a "save" button, if I do a "save" will it save the checked requirements, seed key and do them in hand held mode?
I checked in both 'Full" and "Calibration" sections and then saved also.

Oh and another odd thing -- I can open a tune and do a comparison of that tune with itself and the VE table will show it is different from itself, highlight, copy and paste and change, save and reopen, it still shows that there is a difference in the VE with itself, weird.

GMPX
August 10th, 2015, 09:46 AM
Paul is off sick at the moment, might be a day or two before he is back on board.

cindy@efilive
August 10th, 2015, 11:58 AM
When I open Explorer Icon on the desktop the software window displays the current state of the V2 and contents of the files (tunes) on the controller, above the listed files on the controller are the (tunes) in the last section entry I had open (2005 tunes) in that folder I placed the last created tune file there when saving but it is not present when I open the Explorer window, I used F5 to refresh that open window in an attempt to refresh the entries and possibly make the newly created file appear. Only way I can get it to appear is open My Documents>Program files>Efilive>7.5>Bins>2005 tunes and then copy and paste the file into the file list, of course I can do a drag and drop directly from Bins folder into the controller and not from the list above through Explorer and it copies the file but if I want to make changes to the file and just be able to drag and drop from Explorer file read section I have to copy the file into the list.
Make any sense?

Your right, the refresh button is not working. I had EFILive Explorer open while saving tune files in V8 and they were not appearing even after refreshing in EFILive Explorer. I did find if I moved out of the chosen folder in the top left portion of the EFILive Explorer screen and then re-navigated back into the chosen folder the refresh did occur. I then sorted by date so I could quickly see the added files.

Maybe that is a better work around for you until Paul is back on deck and can follow it up.

Cheers
Cindy

cindy@efilive
August 10th, 2015, 12:06 PM
So when I open a tune from V8 for "edit", every time I am asked if I want to "save" changes to the tune if I answer "save" it locks the tune file and I have to unlock it every time through the V8 software before I can make modifications to that file, well not every time some times it will allow me to open the tune again through 7.5 tune software without needing to unlock, that is if I have not rebooted the computer. If I reboot the computer and try re-opening the tune file through the 7.5 tune software it will display "unknown" and I have to open the V8 software "unlock" the tune and press the "edit" in V8 to open the 7.5 tune software again.
Shouldn't the 7.5 software remember the last tune opened and default to that tune and not require V8 to be opened and the "edit" function through the V8 be used?
Is it me trying to open the tune through the 7.5 Tune software causing the V8 to lock the tune again?

Edit: Just tired it, I opened a tune through V8 Scan and Tune by the "edit" function, made a change "saved" it, reopened it and got a locked tune use properties to unlock warning. Properties and sure enough "lock" was on had to unlock again. Don't like this slow and cumbersome.
Maybe I should say "security restrictions", it does show a "lock" as the icon, so locking it does right?
If the tune restrictions are locked does it lock the controller (PCM) when flashed to it?

You should check your properties settings that automatically apply each time you save a tune file. I'm certain in a recent release (sometime between May and now) we had a software warning in the release notes to check your default settings after the update.

In V7 software these are located by navigating to the Permissions tab.

In V8 software these are located by navigating to Edit -> Properties -> General -> Files/Folders

Cheers
Cindy

69camaro5speed
August 10th, 2015, 12:31 PM
Sounds like the problem I had nice,This stuff is going to make us all crazy

Chevy366
August 11th, 2015, 05:29 AM
You should check your properties settings that automatically apply each time you save a tune file. I'm certain in a recent release (sometime between May and now) we had a software warning in the release notes to check your default settings after the update.

In V7 software these are located by navigating to the Permissions tab.

In V8 software these are located by navigating to Edit -> Properties -> General -> Files/Folders

Cheers
Cindy

"to check your default settings after the update." every time? Or just the once? "the update" which one? This one or one of the ones before it?

"A non-restricted version" does that mean a tune that has the restrictions lifted through V8 before doing it in the V7 window?

WyoFreeride
August 11th, 2015, 06:41 AM
https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?p=217904

It was the april release that could potentially reset security settings, and the warning was in the release notes as well as in the discussion

cindy@efilive
August 11th, 2015, 08:47 AM
"to check your default settings after the update." every time? Or just the once? "the update" which one? This one or one of the ones before it?

"A non-restricted version" does that mean a tune that has the restrictions lifted through V8 before doing it in the V7 window?

It was the public release dated May 2015. http://www.efilive.com/latest/cat/download-efilive/post/software-release-may-01-2015

A non restricted version refers to not applying those restrictions on V7 or V8, or removing existing restrictions with V8.

Did adjusting the permissions/properties defaults fix your issue?

Cheers
Cindy

PHIL@ARMORINC
August 11th, 2015, 09:58 AM
with the newest update does it as the OS upgrade for csp options??

GMPX
August 11th, 2015, 10:01 AM
CSP has been out for all supported Cummins ECM's for quite some time now.

Blacky
August 11th, 2015, 10:09 AM
Make any sense?

The [Refresh] button only refreshes the lower pane, i.e. it only regenerates the list of files by re-querying the attached device.

The F5 hot key works in one of two ways:

If the focus is in the top pane, it refreshes the top pane, i.e. it re-reads the folder from the PC hard drive.
If the focus is in the bottom pane, it does the same as clicking on the [Refresh] button.

So if you want to refresh the top pane (the list of files on your PC), you must click in the top list to give that list focus, then press the F5 hotkey to refresh the contents. Note, refreshing the top pane causes the currently selected "sort by" column to be lost and the pane is refreshed in its default order - so the file you're looking for may not appear in the "sorted" order as expected.

Regards
Paul

Blacky
August 11th, 2015, 10:12 AM

Yes. But its an "intelligent lock".

It is locked for reading so it can't be read out. When using EFILive (and only EFILivE), any tune file can be flashed over the top without restriction.

If the file that you flash over the top is not flagged as "Auto-Lock" then the controller will be unlocked after the flash process.
If the file that you flash over the top is flagged as "Auto-Lock" then the controller will remain locked after the flash process.

Regards
Paul

PHIL@ARMORINC
August 12th, 2015, 03:57 AM
is there any way to get a csp compatible version? i had it i have a few files but for what ever reason its gone. and no i didnt up date

cindy@efilive
August 12th, 2015, 12:46 PM
is there any way to get a csp compatible version? i had it i have a few files but for what ever reason its gone. and no i didnt up date

The release in post one of this thread is a compatible CSP version. Download it, update your software and firmware, and read the CSP upgrade document for instructions and a list of compatible base files.

Cheers
Cindy