PDA

View Full Version : Transplanting a 5.3/60e

creekrat
August 3rd, 2015, 06:21 AM
Just finished transplanting a 2005 5.3/4l60e into my 93 regular cab short bed. Problem is it won't start. I pulled the fuel rails with injectors attache and used some leads to the battery to cycle the injectors and they spray just fine. Attached is my .tun file and a couple second log file from when i was cranking. I noticed that the only thing that changed in the log file is the o2 heater voltage.

Thank you in advance for any assistance

creekrat
August 3rd, 2015, 07:13 AM
So after some checking the injectors are not opening when cranking. I lifted the fuel rails/injectors and had a neighbor crank it and no fuel came out. I then attached 2 leads directly to the battery and disconnected the injector connectors and was able to make the injectors spray. At this point i am guessing it is a pulsed ground issue

joecar
August 3rd, 2015, 11:32 AM
Is VATS disabled.

Do you have CKP signal...? Does scantool show realtime RPM while cranking...?

PCM grounds injectors to fire them.

Check injector connections to PCM, and injector connections to power.

creekrat
August 3rd, 2015, 11:59 AM
After tracing all of my wiring i pinned it down to the switched 12volt that activated my main relay. I inadvertently used the 12volt switched to the radio which does not stay hot when cranking the engine. I relocated my relay activation wire to the a/c circuit (only sees 12v when the key is in the on or crank position) and it fired up. Thanks for the assistance Joecar