PDA

View Full Version : Serial Logging with Innovate LC-2, DLG-1, and MTX-D

tadams72
August 3rd, 2015, 12:46 PM
Ok, I've been tinkering with my V2 for several years. Mainly using it for uploading tunes and BBX my HPDE sessions. With the new build I am adding the Innovate LC-2, DLG-1, and MTX-D to the car. I'm hoping to connect them all and log using the V2 RJ12 connection. I think I understand the wiring configuration for the molex to RJ-12 from another post here. What I am not sure of is the wiring to run these in series and log all the inputs if that is even possible. So I guess my first question is can this be done and if so how? My second question is anyone making these cables for purchase? Thanks in advance for the help!

Travis

Blacky
August 3rd, 2015, 01:16 PM
I think if you daisy chained the serial connection to FlashScan last then FlashScan would still log the LC-2 wide band data. I'm not sure if FlashScan will see/process/log the data from the DLG-1, FlashScan has never been set up to communicate with the DLG-1

Regards
Paul

tadams72
August 4th, 2015, 03:54 AM
I think if you daisy chained the serial connection to FlashScan last then FlashScan would still log the LC-2 wide band data. I'm not sure if FlashScan will see/process/log the data from the DLG-1, FlashScan has never been set up to communicate with the DLG-1

Regards
Paul

I would think the DLG-1 data output would be the same as the LC-2 (I'll have to ask Innovate) since the DLG-1 is simply the gauge displaying the data from LC-2 sensor on one bank and the DLG-1 sensor on the other (both Bosch 4.9). The question is how do I get both banks to communicate with the V2 through the serial port? As for the MTX-D it seems my only option there is to connect it via analog then? I'm trying to make sure I am collecting all my available data in one location simultaneously. Might be harder than I was expecting though.

Does anyone offer a pre-made cable to connect from the Innovate Molex out to the V2 RJ12? Thanks.

Travis

Blacky
August 4th, 2015, 01:39 PM
AKM Cables used to make them but I'm pretty sure the guy that was making them is no longer doing that.

Regards
Paul

vbhero
October 24th, 2015, 04:48 PM
I'm using the DLG-1 with LC2. I have connected my V2 to the DLG-1 serial out port, set the V2 to Innovate and to display both and it works fine. It displays both channels in real time with no problem at all.

I am using the null modem option, but in the pinned post there is enough info there to make your own 4pin molex to RJ12.

tadams72
October 25th, 2015, 03:44 PM
I should have updated the post. I've got it working with the FSV2 in BBX logging but not with the computer and Scan 7.5. For some reason the data won't show there.

vbhero
October 25th, 2015, 07:05 PM
I should have updated the post. I've got it working with the FSV2 in BBX logging but not with the computer and Scan 7.5. For some reason the data won't show there.

That makes two of us. After I posted above, I tried to log using Scan 7.5 and the data will not come up. Anyone have any idea why not?

joecar
October 26th, 2015, 03:11 AM
Are you selecting the pids EXT.WO2xxx...?

In V8 S&T goto Devices -> Logging and checkmark Automatically Select All External Digital Pids

and then Program this into your V2.

tadams72
October 26th, 2015, 01:23 PM
Are you selecting the pids EXT.WO2xxx...?

In V8 S&T goto Devices -> Logging and checkmark Automatically Select All External Digital Pids

and then Program this into your V2.

I was using the right PIDs but I did not have the check mark selected in V8 you suggested so I'll try that next time. Thanks Joe!

joecar
October 27th, 2015, 12:23 PM
Please also take a look at post #86 here: LC-2-Digital-Wideband-anyone-try-it-out (https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?23169-LC-2-Digital-Wideband-anyone-try-it-out&p=223823#post223823)

Ponrov
August 23rd, 2019, 06:56 AM
what's pids should be used to log signals in efilive scan tool v7.5
from Serial Logging with Innovate LC-2, DLG-1, and MTX-D: Ethanol Content % & Fuel Temp.
My PID "WO2AFR1", "WO2EQR1",WO2LAM1"won't log, but "WO2AFR2"*,"WO2EQR2","WO2LAM2" is ok .
and all the instrument it's ok .
Br Ponrov

joecar
August 25th, 2019, 10:20 PM
Interesting...