PDA

View Full Version : LC-2 And EFI LIVE V2, New and Very Confused

Boyes50
August 5th, 2015, 09:36 AM
Hey Guys,

Have a V2 which I use to tune my Duramax, and have now built an LS Powered Silverado Pickup Truck. Need to connect my LC-2 to my V2 to start logging through EFI Live Tune. My question is in the wiring. The LC-2 has three outputs, a "Serial Out" which has a Female Serial on the end, a "Serial In", which I am unsure of its purpose, and four wires. Red, Black, Yellow and Brown. From what I understand, I need to use those small orange connecters that came with my V2 to install the wires into the bottom of the V2. However, my question is.

Which wires and how do I connect them to the V2. I assume the Yellow because it is the 0-5V output Analog Wire, and I know where the 0-5V inputs are on the V2, but I don't understand which wires to connect to the V2 and how to select which PID I need to start logging data from the LC-2. I realize there is a lot of information on the LC-2 out there, but I am so lost and frustrated and have looked everywhere, and cannot for any reason and length of time figure out which wires and how to connect them to the EFI Live. Do I somehow connect the Female Serial wire to the V2? Do I connect the yellow and black ground wires to the + and - on the bottom of the V2 and it will read then?

I am very new and very confused and need help badly, first truck pull with this truck tomorrow and need some A/F readings for my tuner before tomorrow night. Any assistance is very much greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

minytrker
August 5th, 2015, 03:19 PM
Search on here on how to make a serial cable for an innovate wideband and make a serial cable. The orange plugs are for analog inputs, which will work but the serial connection is much easier and you dont have to deal with ground offsets then.

joecar
August 5th, 2015, 07:02 PM
SERIAL IN: plug the blank terminator into this.

SERIAL OUT: connect this to V2 serial port using a null modem serial comms cable.

joecar
August 5th, 2015, 07:09 PM
See post #3 here: serial port cable (https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?9340-serial-port-cable-that-goes-to-v2)

Did you read the LC-2 user manual pdf...?

Boyes50
August 5th, 2015, 10:02 PM
See post #3 here: serial port cable (https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?9340-serial-port-cable-that-goes-to-v2)

Did you read the LC-2 user manual pdf...?

Yes I have read the manuals and am just lost, seems simple but it just won't work for me it seems. I grounded the black wire, powered the red wire, plugged the yellow wire into the Positive connection on the V2 in port A1, and am getting no readings. Assuming this is all correct, is there something I am missing in EFI Live? When I bring up Scan and click Show WO2 Readings, it says no WO2 Detected.

joecar
August 6th, 2015, 03:37 AM
Serial Comms connection:

( remove the yellow wire and tape it off )

Do you have the serial cables that came with your LC-2 and with your V2...?
You additionally need the null modem adapter seen in post #3 of serial port cable (https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?9340-serial-port-cable-that-goes-to-v2)...
that thread is very straightforward (it does not mention the yellow wire).

In V8 S&T you have to go to Device settings and enable V2 wideband serial comms and enable automatic logging of external digital pids.

Analog Voltage connection:

Connect the yellow wire to AD1+ and the black wire to AD1- of the orange connector (black wire still has to go to vehicle ground )

In V8 S&T you have to go to Device settings and enable automatic logging of external analog pids.

joecar
August 6th, 2015, 03:39 AM
Yes I have read the manuals and am just lost, seems simple but it just won't work for me it seems. I grounded the black wire, powered the red wire, plugged the yellow wire into the Positive connection on the V2 in port A1, and am getting no readings. Assuming this is all correct, is there something I am missing in EFI Live? When I bring up Scan and click Show WO2 Readings, it says no WO2 Detected.
For analog connection, the black wire (ground) has to also go to AD1- on the orange connector...

Are you connected to OBD2 port on vehicle...? There is a menu on V2 to view real time analog voltages... do they show up here...?

joecar
August 6th, 2015, 03:39 AM
Is your LC-2 powering up (what do its LEDs show)...?

joecar
August 6th, 2015, 03:42 AM
Yes I have read the manuals and am just lost, seems simple but it just won't work for me it seems. I grounded the black wire, powered the red wire, plugged the yellow wire into the Positive connection on the V2 in port A1, and am getting no readings. Assuming this is all correct, is there something I am missing in EFI Live? When I bring up Scan and click Show WO2 Readings, it says no WO2 Detected.Where are you looking...?

Post a screenshot...

monkeywrenched
August 9th, 2015, 12:16 AM
Just did the lc2 serial hookup yesterday was pretty straight forward and it read immediately thanks for the info

joecar
August 9th, 2015, 07:07 AM
Just did the lc2 serial hookup yesterday was pretty straight forward and it read immediately thanks for the infoThanks for the feedback.