PDA

View Full Version : Windows 10 compatibility

Boostin99SS
August 6th, 2015, 03:35 AM
Can we upgrade to windows 10 and still use EFILive?

Thx

ScarabEpic22
August 6th, 2015, 05:53 AM
Yes, I've been using W10 with EFILive since last October without any issues. Upgraded to W10 RTM and still no issues to address.

The only caution is around some USB3 controllers not working well with the FS V2 drivers, there is a workaround on the forum for it (and this isnt a W10 issue, applies to W8/8.1 as well).

joecar
August 6th, 2015, 08:36 AM
W10 is just W8++ so it should be ok (from what I can see in my coworkers' MSDN kit).

garrettg.bpd
August 12th, 2015, 11:53 AM
I upgraded to windows 10. I modified and saved a tune file after upgrading. now when I try to open it I get this.18706

Blacky
August 12th, 2015, 12:46 PM
I upgraded to windows 10. I modified and saved a tune file after upgrading. now when I try to open it I get this.

Can you send the faulty file and the original file that you modified to paul@efilive.com
Regards
Paul

garrettg.bpd
August 12th, 2015, 12:59 PM
sent

killerbee
August 24th, 2015, 06:46 AM
The only caution is around some USB3 controllers not working well with the FS V2 drivers, there is a workaround on the forum for it (and this isnt a W10 issue, applies to W8/8.1 as well).

Upgraded to W10, and no longer have communication with my V2. What is the remedy?

Jason S.
August 24th, 2015, 07:39 AM
I am able to get a connection like 2 out of 100 tries. I keep getting this access violationerror

~

ScarabEpic22
August 24th, 2015, 07:54 AM
Upgraded to W10, and no longer have communication with my V2. What is the remedy?

Check this thread out: Windows 8 Users (USB3-xHCI) (https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?23223-Please-Read-Windows-8-Users-(USB3-xHCI))

GMPX
August 24th, 2015, 10:14 AM
FWIW we have a Surface 3 here running EFILive on Windows 10 with no problems at all.

Jason S.
August 24th, 2015, 10:19 AM
FWIW we have a Surface 3 here running EFILive on Windows 10 with no problems at all.

I have 3 machines here, used to work fine before updating from windows 7. Prior to the last EFILive update...the V8 software would just lock up, now I get the access violation...literally 98 times out of 100. Basically making it unusable. All 3 act the same way...different brand laptops and different processors.

killerbee
August 25th, 2015, 07:41 AM
Are there any official words from company?

Blacky
August 25th, 2015, 08:52 AM
Are there any official words from company?

EFILive is supported on Windows 10.

Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling the USB drivers?
To do that, use the EFILive V8 USB Manager program:

Disconnect all EFILive devices.
Click the [Uninstall USB Drivers] button. Wait for them to be uninstalled.
Then click the [Install USB V2.08.28] drivers. Wait for them to be installed.
Connect one EFILive device and wait for the driver installation to complete - it may take a while if Windows decied to go esearch the Windows Driver Database online. You can cancel that if you wish, EFILive's USB drivers are not available in the Windows Driver Database.

You may also need to switch off "USB xHCI" in your PC BIOS.

Regards
Paul

Jason S.
August 25th, 2015, 09:03 AM
EFILive is supported on Windows 10.

Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling the USB drivers?
To do that, use the EFILive V8 USB Manager program:

Disconnect all EFILive devices.
Click the [Uninstall USB Drivers] button. Wait for them to be uninstalled.
Then click the [Install USB V2.08.28] drivers. Wait for them to be installed.
Connect one EFILive device and wait for the driver installation to complete - it may take a while if Windows decied to go esearch the Windows Driver Database online. You can cancel that if you wish, EFILive's USB drivers are not available in the Windows Driver Database.

You may also need to switch off "USB xHCI" in your PC BIOS.

Regards
Paul

Here is what I have tried. Installing the latest software on two different machines (as well as updating the one I was using). I am getting a access violation when I try to open a calibration to get ready to flash.

killerbee
August 25th, 2015, 09:08 AM
I uninstalled and cleaned up both versions (left from windows 7) and reinstalled both 7.5 and 8 on top of Windows 10. My problem resolved, communication established.

fyi

Blacky
August 25th, 2015, 09:12 AM
Here is what I have tried. Installing the latest software on two different machines (as well as updating the one I was using). I am getting a access violation when I try to open a calibration to get ready to flash.

When you say latest software do you mean the public release software from our web site, or the pre-release from our forum?
I highly recommend using the pre-release from here: https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?25856-Aug-13-2015-EFILive-Public-Pre-Release

If you are using that version and that version gives an access violation:

When exactly does the error happen? When you open the *.ctz file? When you click the [Cal Flash] button?
Does it happen with any *.ctz file or just that particular file? (If its just that particular file, can you please send me that file).
Does it happen when you attempt to load a file for a different controller type? Or attempt to flash a different controller type?

One other thing to try is this:
Uninstall the V8 software, then delete the entire V8 installation folder and everything inside it: \Program Files (x86)\EFILive\V8.
You may need adminstrator priviliges to delete the folder and its contents.
Then re-install the V8 software.

Regards
Paul

killerbee
August 25th, 2015, 09:16 AM
I used today's PUBLIC pre-release in the download section, I think it was Aug 13. good outcome.

Jason S.
August 25th, 2015, 10:43 AM
When you say latest software do you mean the public release software from our web site, or the pre-release from our forum?
I highly recommend using the pre-release from here: https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?25856-Aug-13-2015-EFILive-Public-Pre-Release

If you are using that version and that version gives an access violation:

When exactly does the error happen? When you open the *.ctz file? When you click the [Cal Flash] button?
Does it happen with any *.ctz file or just that particular file? (If its just that particular file, can you please send me that file).
Does it happen when you attempt to load a file for a different controller type? Or attempt to flash a different controller type?

One other thing to try is this:
Uninstall the V8 software, then delete the entire V8 installation folder and everything inside it: \Program Files (x86)\EFILive\V8.
You may need adminstrator priviliges to delete the folder and its contents.
Then re-install the V8 software.

Regards
Paul

It's the Release off of the site, not the forum.
I get the error when I try to open the cal file in preperation for flashing.
I am only working with the E92 controller at the moment

gaduser
September 13th, 2015, 11:19 AM
I upgraded to windows 10. I modified and saved a tune file after upgrading. now when I try to open it I get this.18706

I am having the same problem running under Windows 10. Every file I modified causes that message when I try to open it under V8. Each of those files can be opened under V7.5.

Please share your solution.

Blacky
September 13th, 2015, 11:23 AM
I am having the same problem. Every file I modified causes that message when I try to open it under V8. Each of those files can be opened under V7.5.

Please share your solution.

Make sure both your V7.5 and V8 software is up to date. Download and install the latest pre-release from here:
https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?25922-Sep-2015-EFILive-Public-Pre-Release

After installing V8, run it and click on the [Check Firmware] button to ensure the firmware and config files on FlashScan/AutoCal are up to date.

When you check the Help->About in the V7 tune software it should show build 293
When you check the [About] button in the V8 scan&tune software it should show build 286

Regards
Paul

gaduser
September 13th, 2015, 12:03 PM
Thanks Paul - problem solved on W10. I will also update my W7 Pro system which has the same problem.

Although very new, I had V7.5 293 and V8 286. I thought I had checked for updates, yesterday or so, receiving a response that the installed SW was the latest.

Thanks again.

gad