PDA

View Full Version : Crank Relearn will not work?

jay_rich
August 6th, 2015, 10:06 PM
Im trying to chase down why my TCC will not lock.(it will lock in the DVT tab manually, just not command it) 4l80e swap using a segment swap with a 411 pcm. COS03 using a 2002 OS for both the segment and main tune.

I have verified that the relay is wired correct. On the brakes I get 0V to the PCM, off the brakes I get 12V to the PCM.

Now im trying to do the crank relearn and when I click on C.A.S.E Nothing happens. I made sure the car was in park, 0%tps, applied the brakes and the coolant temp was in range.

Now I looked it up on the manual and it shows that a bunch of MIL's must be set to -. What does - mean? Set to MIL or NO MIL? I do have 6 codes shut off. (P1539,P1546,P0705,P0706,P1810,P1825) are all set to NO MIL.

Thanks for any help!

Jay

joecar
August 7th, 2015, 03:41 AM
When you click the CASE button you have 10 seconds to bring engine RPM to above 4000 rpm...

then engine will momentarily stumble/misfire and you will immediately release throttle and let engine spin down to idle...

then you deactivate the DVT controls, and shutoff engine, wait at least 15-20 seconds with key off.

joecar
August 7th, 2015, 03:43 AM
The DTC's mentioned in the service manual must not be triggered... anyone one of those being present will inhibit the CASE relearn.

The DTC's you set to No-MIL in C6002: you may have to set these to Not-Reported in C6001.

jay_rich
August 7th, 2015, 04:09 AM
But what im saying is when I click on the CASE button nothing happens. The screen for the delay time etc does not even come up. Or was this screen changed at some point?

Ill double check the not reported ones.

Also attached is my current codes. I dont know why the knock sensor ones pop up. they seem to be intermittent.

jay_rich
August 7th, 2015, 04:24 AM
P1539 and P1546 are set to C: Non Emissions. I will change these to NOT REPORTED and try again.

Hopefully this will solve my lockup issues, but I doubt it lol

Jay

joecar
August 7th, 2015, 07:00 AM
But what im saying is when I click on the CASE button nothing happens. The screen for the delay time etc does not even come up. Or was this screen changed at some point?

Ill double check the not reported ones.

Also attached is my current codes. I dont know why the knock sensor ones pop up. they seem to be intermittent.

1869518696Yeah, nothing happens visually, just go ahead and open throttle to bring RPMs up.

Blacky
August 7th, 2015, 09:28 AM

I don't think there ever was a timer displayed. The actual timer runs in the PCM. Once the PCM receives the CASE learn command from EFILive it only waits for so long for the RMPs to reach the threshold of about 4000rpm until it cancels the procedure.
You don't need to hold the rpms for any length of time, just raise the rpms to 4000 over a period of about 1 second and immediately you should hear the engine misfire/cut, at that point the learn is done and you can let the rpms drop.

Also you can only run the test once per ignition cycle. So any second or subsequent attempt will not work - until you cycle the ign.

Regards
Paul

atnik
November 30th, 2016, 03:53 PM
I have an E38 running an LS2 in a Landcruiser. I recently swapped the trans and put in a 6l80e.

I am trying to do a C.A.S.E learn (to clear the error). I cannot get the brake signal to show correctly in the ECM. I have the "stop lamp switch signal" from the ECM (X1 pin 9) and the same signal from the TCM (pin 6) connected. I can see the signal switching OK in Scan Tool when the engine is not running. BRKR-BPA and BRKR-BPSW become Active when brake is applied. However, once the engine is running, BRKR-BRITF goes off (brake pedal initial travel fault) and I get no response on the other 2 signals (BRKR-BPA and BRKR-BPSW).

I gather I cannot do a CASE learn without the brake signal working. I have not installed the BCM in the vehicle. Do I need the BCM to get the correct brake signals?

I have wired the Tap up/down switch directly to the TCM pin 7. The signals appear OK in the Scan Tool, but I get no responses from the trans. I'm guessing I have to get all the other faults (i.e. CASE learn) cleared before this will work.

Are these 2 issues related?

joecar
November 30th, 2016, 05:40 PM
You need to get the brake switch signal working (it's just the state of the brake pedal switch), or otherwise juryrig it for purpose of getting CASE reelarn done.

atnik
November 30th, 2016, 07:02 PM
You need to get the brake switch signal working (it's just the state of the brake pedal switch), or otherwise juryrig it for purpose of getting CASE reelarn done.

I have the brake signal working through to the ECM and the TCM. The brake signal is valid and shows in Scan Tool, but stops when the engine is started. Then I get a brake pedal initial travel fault BRKR-BRITF

joecar
November 30th, 2016, 10:20 PM
What is causing the brake signal to quit when the engine runs...?

atnik
December 1st, 2016, 11:51 AM
What is causing the brake signal to quit when the engine runs...?

I don't know. That is the question.

The correct voltages are still present on the brake signal pins when the engine is running.

I can see the signal switching OK in Scan Tool when the engine is not running. BRKR-BPA and BRKR-BPSW become Active when brake is applied. However, once the engine is running, BRKR-BRITF goes off (brake pedal initial travel fault) and I get no response on the other 2 signals (BRKR-BPA and BRKR-BPSW).

Are there any other sensors/switches in the standard brake system that I don't have connected that would cause me to get a brake pedal initial travel fault?

Tinbender59
December 1st, 2016, 12:26 PM
check your cam to crank offset

In CONDITIONS, CAMSHAFT POSITION RETARD (VORTEC) "CMPRET" If you are to far off you will not get CASE to work. mine was at +78 degrees, was able to get it to +6 and CASE worked.

here is a copy from another post

set up a pid for "CAM POSITION RETARD (Vortec)" this is in "CONDITIONS" catagory also known as (CMPRET) in EFILive scan tool, to check your cam / crank correlation. you will have to rev the motor past 1000 to get a good reading. Mine was 78 degrees advanced, you cannot do a crank relearn that far out. I tried!! before I knew it was off. I then moved the distributor a tad, rechecked and repeated until I ran out of move, ended up at 6.3 degrees advanced, then I was able to get the "case" performed. i searched and searched for this information, it is very obscure and hard to find,

just a thought??