PDA

View Full Version : Cold air induction... What a difference!

nitrorocket
May 16th, 2006, 08:22 AM
I don't know if you remember my ride from previous posts. I went to the track in fall and went 10.50 @137, but blew my torque converter. My intake temps were 138 degrees F, I was sucking air from the engine bay right behind the radiator which is 200 degrees.:bawl:
I now have a new 10" converter, Ditched the 3" 3 chamber flowmasters, and have a cold air induction. On some quarter mile street runs, there is a huge difference. In fall, at the same ambient temp, I was at 11.4:1 AFR, I am now at 12:1 AFR at wide open throttle, The car did not like that, but luckily nothing broke just yet.:doh: I could not believe the AFR ratio change from the cold air induction and muffler swap, The car actually seems fast now! Also, my intake tems are now under 100 degrees under a full street pass!!!:D :D

Bruce Melton
May 16th, 2006, 08:31 AM
Not to say it is a factor but there is a lot of of variance in fuel these days in sunny WI.

joecar
May 16th, 2006, 09:22 AM
I don't know if you remember my ride from previous posts.....:D :DNitro, mate, I don't think it's possible to forget. :cheers::cheers:

nitrorocket
May 16th, 2006, 09:52 AM
I should easily see 9's at 145+ on my 93 octane citgo gas this year!! The car is much faster then last year from the ol' traction-o-meter!