PDA

View Full Version : When did Freeze Frame data occur?

mys10v8
August 11th, 2015, 03:48 AM
I have multiple freeze frames currently stored in my PCM. What order did they occur and how long ago did they occur? Is it possible to determine what mileage was on the odometer when they occurred?

I have attached the file from a V2 'Record All Diags':

Thanks in advance for your help.

joecar
August 11th, 2015, 01:47 PM
Each FF is linked to a DTC, and in the FF it shows ODOFIRST and ODOLAST...

ODOFIRST = miles since last DTC was cleared
ODOLAST = odometer when last DTC was cleared

so if you add them you get... (hmmm, I'm confused now, lol).

mys10v8
August 12th, 2015, 01:05 AM
(hmmm, I'm confused now, lol).

Yep same thing I tried. I can find this all over in the service manual:
"If you cannot duplicate the DTC, the information included in the Freeze Frame and/or Failure Records data can help determine how many miles since the DTC set. The Fail Counter and Pass Counter can also help determine how many ignition cycles the diagnostic reported a pass and/or a fail."

But no instructions on how to go about that.

joecar
August 12th, 2015, 03:10 AM
I'll find out more info...

Blacky
August 12th, 2015, 12:51 PM
Using FlashScan in standalone mode select a valid PID list for the appropriate controller. It doesn't matter which PIDs are selected, so long as the correct controller is selected.

Then choose either of the following options:
F3 Diagnostics -> F2 Trouble Codes -> F3 Display FFs -> Then select the freeze frame you want to display. ODOFIRST and ODOLAST should be visible on the screen.
or
F3 Diagnostics -> F4 Record All Diags which will record all diagnostic and freeze frame data in a atext file that you can view back on your PC.

Regards
Paul

mys10v8
August 13th, 2015, 12:20 PM
F3 Diagnostics -> F4 Record All Diags which will record all diagnostic and freeze frame data in a atext file that you can view back on your PC.

yep - that's where the file attached to the first post came from.

My question is more about interpreting the data.