PDA

View Full Version : No ac after efi live

screaminlmm
August 11th, 2015, 08:27 AM
So I haven't had any ac in my truck for about two years now but I hardly ever drive the truck so ive never worried about it, a couple months ago I decided to take it to have it looked at and everyone I took it to said it was perfect nothing wrong no bad grounds nothing. so I started thinking and came to the conclusion that it hasn't worked since I did my twin turbos and new tunes. called my tuner and he said send them the original stock tune but heres the problem, I don't think I have it, so my question is, is their any way I can get the stock os without taking it to a dealer and having it flashed back to stock?

cindy@efilive
August 11th, 2015, 11:36 AM
If you didn't save your stock tune, you'll need to acquire it from somewhere. That could be the dealer, or someone who has access to factory software - a number of tuners offer that service.

Cheers
Cindy

joecar
August 11th, 2015, 03:25 PM
Try www.tunefiledepot.com

GMC-2002-Dmax
August 12th, 2015, 03:22 AM
We have a way to get any stock tune for the 2001-2015.

Check our web site out for more info

screaminlmm
August 12th, 2015, 03:33 AM
We have a way to get any stock tune for the 2001-2015.

Check our web site out for more info

Thanks everyone. I was told that something must be different with my truck because that's how they do it is by pulling the stock tune from the forum and i would have to try and get my stock tune. (Not sure how it would be any different from any other lmm) but here's my question now. I had a tune for stock trans/turbo and my ac worked then when went with built trans/twin turbo tunes that's when it stopped working. Would I be able to use my first set of tunes?

cindy@efilive
August 12th, 2015, 11:44 AM
Duramax trucks have a range of options. Those options are unique, and even if you obtain an OS that is the same as what was in your truck, if the vehicle options the stock file came from is different to your truck then your functionality changes.

AC has been a common problem where customer flash files that originated from non-AC based vehicles. Your tunes will need to be re-written on a base file that is compatible for your truck if you want your options to work.

Cheers
Cindy

screaminlmm
August 12th, 2015, 02:18 PM
Duramax trucks have a range of options. Those options are unique, and even if you obtain an OS that is the same as what was in your truck, if the vehicle options the stock file came from is different to your truck then your functionality changes.

AC has been a common problem where customer flash files that originated from non-AC based vehicles. Your tunes will need to be re-written on a base file that is compatible for your truck if you want your options to work.

Cheers
Cindy

Thank you! I guess I will try some new tunes and see what happens!