PDA

View Full Version : Anyone want to take a look?

creekrat
August 12th, 2015, 07:32 PM
Ok, so i've been playing around with the tune for my swapped 93 truck. It now has a 2005 dbw 5.3 l59 and 4l60e. I got it in the truck and running before i had to go to work. I work offshore in the oilfield and am currently 1 week in on a 3 week stint so I decided to play around with the tune for when i get back home. I went in and played around with the transmission some as well as deleted the crap that is unnecessary for my application. That being said, I cannot for the life of me figure out how to blend the fuel tables for e10 fuel which is pretty much all i can get where i live. Any other pointers would be appreciated and as soon as i get it on the road i will log some PIDs and see how it acts. At the moment i do not have a wideband but that is definitely in the future. The engine is stock and the only modifications have been to the filter/intake ducting and the exhaust which is the stock y pipe without the catalytic converters.

joecar
August 13th, 2015, 02:49 AM
Does your vehicle have a flex fuel sensor (i.e. a physical sensor on the fuel line) or a virtual flex fuel sensor (i.e. PCM figures out fuel alcohol %)...?

Your HO/LO spark tables are low, they could use more timing.

Set the Throttle Kickdown tables to 100% TP to allow the Part Throttle upshift/downshift tables work properly.

creekrat
August 13th, 2015, 08:00 AM
No flex fuel sensor. All of the physical hardware for that was removed. What is the easiest and best way to adjust those spark tables? Go cell by cell with a couple degrees?

creekrat
August 13th, 2015, 08:19 AM
Was playing around some but have yet to adjust the spark tables. So do i just highlight the entire table put a set value in the input window and then use F10 to adjust the entire table a few degrees or do I need to do it on a smaller scale as far as cell count? I would guess that when i log my drives i would log the knock retard and that would tell me if i can add or if i need to pull out some timing? Sorry for all the questions but I am new to efi live and somewhat new to tuning in general and want to have a full grasp on what I am doing even if it is for tables that i don't necessarily adjust.

Thanks joe

joecar
August 13th, 2015, 10:09 AM
How big is your 1993 truck ( how much does it weigh )...?

Take some logs of the pid GM.DYNCYLAIR to see how high the cylinder airmass (g) ranges.

creekrat
August 13th, 2015, 10:17 AM
I will get that log as soon as i get home and get the exhaust finished. Not sure on the weight but it is a regular cab short bed 2wd. I would say right around 4000# or so

Road
August 13th, 2015, 01:16 PM
Without a flex fuel sensor and/or fuel level sensor input to the ECM its going to default to @38% alcohol content. For sure going to need the wide band to get A/F ratio dialed in.