PDA

View Full Version : New software download, now Duty cycle is incorrect???

nitrorocket
May 16th, 2006, 08:33 AM
O.K., so I reboot my laptop this spring, so It is completely empty. I download the new latest software download and get it setup. I then read current tune from last fall from my pcm in the car, and save the file into my new software so I can modify it. I change the IAT/VE table correction from 1.30 to 1.00. I change my rev liter to a lower rpm, and load it back into the car. That's it!

NOW, my injector duty cycle is at 106%, my last data log from last year, I was at 70%. What is the deal?????????? Can this effect anything? Should I care?
I run 96 lb injectors with a injector driver at 45 psi fuel pressure. I know they are not maxed! What changed??

Aslo, my injector flow rate(B4001) table reads from 12.1 TO 13.6 from top to bottom. The same as last year?

WHAT COULD THIS BE?????????:help2:

Tydriver
May 16th, 2006, 09:00 AM
I cant really offer alot of advice for your question.. I am interested if you have a moment or two, to explain how you get a 96# injector to work on the stock ECM.. The highest flow rate injectors can find are 60# mototronics..

Kickass swap btw.. Anything ONLINE about your project ?

nitrorocket
May 16th, 2006, 09:50 AM
I use a 96 lb/ hr injector with an aftermarket injector driver wired between the injectors and the pcm. Works good. Otherwise, rc makes 75 lb/he high imp injectors that run straight off a stock pcm without the driver.

Here is a little more about my ride.

http://www.lateral-g.net/members/tt71chevelle/

nitrorocket
May 18th, 2006, 01:58 PM
Anyone know an answer to my question?? What could have changed? I made another pass with a few % richer mixture and it is now at 110% duty cycle. Should only be at 70% or so.

redhardsupra
May 18th, 2006, 02:43 PM
send me some logs and your tune and i'll take a look at it, i have some boost-related spreadsheets i have been working on but haven't released yet, so this might be beneficial to both of us.