PDA

View Full Version : noob question on forcing open loop.

Hib Halverson
August 18th, 2015, 09:47 AM
While I am new to EFI Live, I have a couple of years experience using brand HPT.

With the scan program from that other software publisher, when you want to force open look you go into the two-way communications stuff (called "VCM Controls" by the other guys) and disable closed loop by selecting "off".

As best I can determine, that feature is not available with the DVT Control Panel.

Why is that and is it possible in a future release to make it work?

joecar
August 18th, 2015, 10:28 AM
While I am new to EFI Live, I have a couple of years experience using brand HPT.

With the scan program from that other software publisher, when you want to force open look you go into the two-way communications stuff (called "VCM Controls" by the other guys) and disable closed loop by selecting "off".

As best I can determine, that feature is not available with the DVT Control Panel.

Why is that and is it possible in a future release to make it work?Which ECM...?

Hib Halverson
August 20th, 2015, 12:26 PM
which ecm...?

e38.

joecar
August 20th, 2015, 01:02 PM
On the DVT tab, select E38 as the controller, then goto the Fuel System subtab, and checkmark Fuel Trim Learn and click Disable.

Hib Halverson
August 20th, 2015, 03:58 PM
Roger that.
I'll try it in the morning.

Hib Halverson
August 21st, 2015, 03:37 PM
On the DVT tab, select E38 as the controller, then goto the Fuel System subtab, and checkmark Fuel Trim Learn and click Disable.

I think that just disables the LTFT learning ability. I'm pretty sure that does not turn off closed loop, i.e.: with that disabled, the STFT function would continue to work.

limited cv8r
August 21st, 2015, 06:35 PM
In the same Fuel System subtab there is a box called "fueling mode" , this does open/closed loop.

joecar
August 21st, 2015, 10:51 PM
Ah, yes, of course :doh: I did not see it...

it is immediately to the left of the one I pointed out...

Hib Halverson
August 22nd, 2015, 07:26 AM
In the same Fuel System subtab there is a box called "fueling mode" , this does open/closed loop.

With the help of "limited cv8r"--silly me---I finally found it.
What an odd name for it though..."fueling mode". I had been looking for "loop status" or "closed-open loop" or something more descriptive.

Once I found it, it works just as I want.

Thanks, guys!