PDA

View Full Version : 2 Quick Questions: LS1B Tuning

truethinker
August 19th, 2015, 10:12 AM
I haven't really been using EFIlive much in the last few years having been very very busy. I'm trying to get back into it(or just get into it period as I was never all that experienced).

I would like to cut my teeth on my 2003 sierra denali 6.0L, 4L65e, AWD, QS -- This is my daily driver.

Just a few modifications: Volant true CAI, Flow through cats, e-fans, narrow band O2 sensors replaced with LC-1's(serial).

I've read all the information pertaining to AutoVE, AutoMAF, CALC.VE, etc.

I can't figure out which one i want to use... AutoVE or CALC.VE.

Also, is there any advantage to using a custom operating system in a daily driver? Ie. better spark tables, running speed density, etc.

Thanks guys
Jesse

joecar
August 19th, 2015, 10:46 AM
Use Calc.VET... the tutorial is post #1 of the Calc.VET thread (https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?15236-Calc-VET-correcting-MAF-and-calculating-VE-(in-single-log)), read carefully and follow any links it points you to.

First get used to the concepts in the Calc.VET tutorial... you don't really need a COS for your purpose, but when you get comfortable then it might be interesting to try out.

truethinker
August 19th, 2015, 10:50 AM
Thanks joecar. I just got done re-reading that tutorial and the notes post. Just set up my maps and filters(I think) and made the calibration changes suggested in the advanced notes post.

I'll give that a try tomorrow.