PDA

View Full Version : Nother #$@&ing Noob thead.

Hib Halverson
August 29th, 2015, 08:18 AM
Ok. I got Scanner set up with a great data window and bitchin' chart each with just the PIDs I want. I made a very basic dashboard with two digital displays of commanded lambda and WB lambda. I start recording and the data window is perfect, the chart is working great but no readings on either of the dashboard gauges.:bawl:

Any ideas?:confused:

joecar
August 29th, 2015, 01:56 PM
Click the red Record button at bottom of scantool rather than the yellow Monitor button.

Post a screenshot.

Hib Halverson
August 30th, 2015, 06:53 AM
I've start data logging with either the red button or the start button. The results are the same either way...recording starts, data window is active, chart is active but all the dashboard gauges show no change.

Let me know what you think, Joe.

joecar
August 30th, 2015, 08:37 AM
Which pids do you have assigned to those gauges...?

Can you add a gauge for RPM and it what it does...

Hib Halverson
August 30th, 2015, 03:00 PM
Which pids do you have assigned to those gauges...?

They're from my PID selection I'm using for the data window and my chart

Can you add a gauge for RPM and it what it does...

I'll try it tomorrow.

joecar
August 30th, 2015, 03:47 PM
Hib,

Also, have you tried this dash: E38 ECM Metric.vdb...? It it has some gauges already defined.

Hib Halverson
August 31st, 2015, 06:04 AM
Hib,

Also, have you tried this dash: E38 ECM Metric.vdb...? It it has some gauges already defined.

I've tried a couple of the default dashes, but they're not very useful. I don't need a display that tries to mimic a car's dashboard. When I get some time, I'm going to try and "build" a digital IP showing just the PID's I need but for now, I have a much bigger problem trying to mod the VVE table.

joecar
August 31st, 2015, 09:58 AM
Ok, as a sanity check, the the default dash show movement...?