PDA

View Full Version : 06 gto bolt on tuning

camaro10
September 6th, 2015, 05:38 AM
Car has a ls2 with the e40. Cold air intake and long tube headers. After getting the maf tuned in via wide band the calc air per cylinder is down to like .65-68 grams per cylinder at wot. Which is now making the timing table messed up. Also when I'm logging the ap cyl e40 pid it will not transfer over to the tune tool when high lighting the log in areas. Rpm is there but grams/cylinder just sits at 1.00 regardless of what they scan shows it is. I don't think the issue is the maf sensor but possibly the intake. It was really rich on the bottom end and top end. Prior to any tuning he had the p0172 and p0175 codes

camaro10
September 6th, 2015, 05:43 AM
Cold air inductions intake and kooks headers

joecar
September 6th, 2015, 01:35 PM
Make sure that the scantool Data tab shows Metric units for the air/cyl pid.

joecar
September 6th, 2015, 01:36 PM
Post tune file (with uncorrected MAF) and log file.

Which wideband are you using.

Did you measure his rail pressure...?

camaro10
September 7th, 2015, 12:56 PM
Post tune file (with uncorrected MAF) and log file.

Which wideband are you using.

Did you measure his rail pressure...?

My ntk afrm. No I didn't log fuel psi. Iat sensor was getting heat soaked and I guess that is a common problem. Even though I tamed that iat spark modifier table down. The car doesn't like much more than 21° of timing which seems really bizarre. I cannot make any changes to the air per cyl pid for the e40. I even logged the same maf and the calc air per cyl and they matched up but still running pretty low

joecar
September 7th, 2015, 01:23 PM
Post a log and tune file.

camaro10
September 7th, 2015, 01:35 PM

Ive included one log in CL after making some adjustments to the maf curve with some wot pulls, adjustments were made in open loop first. Short term fuel trims are on and long terms are off. Ive also included the stock tune. The car definitely needs to have the iat relocated somewhere else on the cold air intake because once its warm it stays quite warm. See what you think? I have tons of logs and several revisions of this car so Im going off of the times I did them. Car seems to run alright and I do see it has some burst knock going on, but I left them tables alone, some of the knock does look like true knock. Ambient temps during most of the tuning were in the upper 80s. He claimed its running on shell premium gas. This car has a new maf and front 02s aswell

I logged his buddys car which is the same but cammed and an auto trans, his car is running 27 degrees of timing and zero knock and he had the car tuned at a shop near by, only thing that is strange about his car is its a stock ve table and only the high freq table of the maf curve has been altered. dynamic airflow settings are the same as stock which also kinda blows my mind. fuel trims looked acceptable and pe is leaned out to .855 lambda but I couldn't verify that is where its actually running. Still absolutely zero knock on it and his burst knock was zeroed out. Cam in this car is in the 230s for duration and lift near .600" with like a 113 lsa, I don't recall the advance ground in the cam but I know its more than 2 degrees.

camaro10
September 7th, 2015, 02:01 PM
Also I found out the car has ngk TR6 plugs in it and it should have the hotter tr5s in it, still don't explain the knock but maybe why it was rich

camaro10
September 7th, 2015, 02:39 PM
After looking display units in the tune, it doesn't specify anything for the col table in the high octane spark table. thinking that's why it wont show logged data

joecar
September 7th, 2015, 04:48 PM
After looking display units in the tune, it doesn't specify anything for the col table in the high octane spark table. thinking that's why it wont show logged dataB5101 column units are already Mertic, and shows horizontal axis link pid being GM.APCYL_E40_DMA, is this what you see...?

camaro10
September 7th, 2015, 08:48 PM
B5101 column units are already Mertic, and shows horizontal axis link pid being GM.APCYL_E40_DMA, is this what you see...?

Yes when looking at the high octane table. But if you look under configure display units it doesn't have any units listed for it. Does it show up when you highlight the log and look at the tune? It doesn't for me and I don't know why, I think I have the correct pids etc

joecar
September 8th, 2015, 03:11 AM
Hmmm, from your files in post #7 pid linking on E40.APCYL_E40_DMA works on my system, and I have the stock E40_Link.ini file.

Try this:

in your E40_Link.ini file, find this:

;High-Octane Spark Table
B5101.ROW=SAE.RPM
B5101.COL=GM.APCYL_E40_DMA

and edit it like this:

;High-Octane Spark Table
B5101.ROW=SAE.RPM
B5101.COL=GM.APCYL_E40_DMA,E40.APCYL_E40_DMA

camaro10
September 8th, 2015, 06:48 AM
Hmmm, from your files in post #7 pid linking on E40.APCYL_E40_DMA works on my system, and I have the stock E40_Link.ini file.

Try this:

in your E40_Link.ini file, find this:

;High-Octane Spark Table
B5101.ROW=SAE.RPM
B5101.COL=GM.APCYL_E40_DMA

and edit it like this:

;High-Octane Spark Table
B5101.ROW=SAE.RPM
B5101.COL=GM.APCYL_E40_DMA,E40.APCYL_E40_DMA

Should I just do a file search to find it or do you know what folder is find it in to modify?

camaro10
September 8th, 2015, 07:09 AM
Are you sure yours works correct? Mine will just sit on 1.00 g/cyl and go up and down with rpm

camaro10
September 8th, 2015, 08:16 AM
Unable to find that file too.

Blacky
September 8th, 2015, 10:55 AM
Hmm, this one took a while to figure out, sorry for the delay. The original names of the E40 DMA PIDs had a prefix of "GM.". Back in 2013 that was changed to a prefix of "E40.". The E40_Link.ini file should have been updated to match the new PID names, it was not.

To work around the problem until it is fixed to this:

Make sure you are running tha latest pre-release available from here:
https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?25922-Sep-2015-EFILive-Public-Pre-Release
Download and install both V7 and V8, then (if you have a FlashScan V2 or AutoCal) run the V8 Scan and Tune software and click on the [Check Firmware] button to ensure that the firmware and config files on your FlashScan V2 or AutoCal are up to date.

Then locate the file C:\Program Files (x86)\EFILive\V7.5\Configuration\E40_Link.ini, open it using Notepad and change all instances of:

GM.APCYL_E40_DMA to E40.APCYL_E40_DMA
GM.INVLVTMP_DMA to E40.INVLVTMP_DMA

Save the file, then restart V7.5 Tune software.

Note: If you are running on Windows 32-Bit, then the file will be located here instead: C:\Program Files\EFILive\V7.5\Configuration\E40_Link.ini

Now to address the confusion surrounding this issue. As per Joe's comments about it appearing to work, it also works correctly on my system even though the link PID name in the E40_Link.ini file is wrong. That is because of a bug in the PID linking routines that, when one linked PID is found (i.e. RPM) and the other linked PID (i.e. GM.APCYL_E40_DMA) is not found, the "not found" PID link defaults to a random PID. Usually it defaults to the first (non-CALC) PID in the list of selected PIDs and on my system (and probably Joe's as well) that just happened to be the GM.APCYL_E40_DMA PID. On your system it is probably randomly linking to some other PID causing the link to get stuck in the first column.

In the next update that bug will be fixed and the E40_Link.ini file will be updated correctly.

Regards
Paul

Ninety8C5
September 8th, 2015, 11:54 AM
I just read this post and looked into the "E92_Link.ini" file and found several instances of "GM.E92.APCYL_DMA". I think they should be "E92.APCYL_DMA".

P.S. None of the DMA Pids for E92 OS 12662762 are valid !

Blacky
September 8th, 2015, 12:06 PM
I just read this post and looked into the "E92_Link.ini" file and found several instances of "GM.E92.APCYL_DMA". I think they should be "E92.APCYL_DMA".

P.S. None of the DMA Pids for E92 OS 12662762 are valid !

Yes, they should be just E92. and not GM.E92.
OS 12662762 DMA PIDs have not been mapped yet.

Regards
Paul

camaro10
September 8th, 2015, 01:50 PM
Thanks I'll give it a try!