PDA

View Full Version : Switch throttle bodies from a sliver blade to gold back to sliver!

BLU BYU
September 16th, 2015, 11:02 AM
YO guys. I have a '08 C6Z that I need help with switch back to a sliver blade throttle body (car was tuned with a gold blade). What do you have to do? I'm about to be on my 3rd different tuner and I've have enough of dealing with other dudes and its time for me to start leaning this.

So any help would be appreciated.

BLU BYU
September 22nd, 2015, 11:05 AM
Darn...tough crowd LOL. Ok so I went to the table b1650 and change the number to 4725. Is there anything else you have to change to go back to a sliver blade throttle body? During WOT car will go into REP and most of the time its a P1516 but sometimes I will get P2119 check engine light.

From what I've found on here and reading Greg Banish book one of two things...MAF needs to be scaled down or its in the throttle body setting need to be adjusted. I don't think its a MAF problem.

What tables do I need to look at for the MAF and throttle body?

Any help to point me in the right direction will be appreciated!

joecar
September 22nd, 2015, 11:27 AM
Post your tune file, maybe someone who knows this will help.

BLU BYU
September 23rd, 2015, 11:01 AM

Here's the tune ladies and gents!

BLU BYU
October 20th, 2015, 03:37 AM
bump

Ok it appears that the throttle body setting are back to normal ( I guess from what I can tell).

So now it seems that the MAF needs to be scaled down from what I've been reading.

Is B1097 & B1098 what I need to scale down?

I'll get some logs tomorrow.

auspeed
August 7th, 2016, 09:28 AM
Did you end up solving this one?

BLU BYU
August 20th, 2016, 02:59 AM
Did you end up solving this one?

Not with efi live. try doing a idle relearn. HPT came out with a deal to prevent this from happening and has stopped my issue.

auspeed
August 21st, 2016, 12:30 PM
try doing a idle relearn.
Whats involved with this process?

BLU BYU
August 22nd, 2016, 12:46 AM
Whats involved with this process?

The ECM see what the TB% used to be and when you swap it out or clean it there's a new %(an error from what it used to seeing) it sees and freaks out (has to do with carbon build up). its in in the scan. v7.5>dvt>ecm setup.

joecar
August 22nd, 2016, 04:44 AM
Are you saying to do an Idle Relearn via V7 scantool DVT...?

BLU BYU
August 22nd, 2016, 12:27 PM
Yes I was just told this the other day...tho I haven't had time to try it.

BLU BYU
August 23rd, 2016, 03:52 AM
https://www.lingenfelter.com/sites/lpe/files/attachments/C6%20Corvette%20Throttle%20Learn.pdf

wanted to throw this out there too

DrX
October 30th, 2016, 03:02 AM
There are differences in the TPS signal output ranges between the silver and gold blade throttle bodies. Firstly, the ECM expects a specific correlation between the 2 sensor signals. For both the gold and silver blade TBs, TPS1 and TPS2 move in opposite directions. On the gold blades both signals have very similar ranges, while on the silver blades one signal has a small offset. If you have codes after swapping to a non OE TB, you would have to change the expected signal ranges or the allowed % error between TPS1 and TPS2.

Secondly, the ECM correlates specific voltage values to % throttle opening. For example, if 4.0V is considered 100% and the blade hits the stop at 3.9V, it will not be able to achieve the desired 100% WOT position and P1516 will set (predicted TP != actual TP). A work around for this is to reduce the maximum throttle opening by a few % in the throttle response tables.

You do not have to change the throttle area scalar when swapping between gold and silver blade TBs if they are both 90mm.

If you are just going back to your original TB, you should not have to change anything other than to check that the throttle area scalar and other throttle calibration values are the stock values and that no one has messed with the throttle tables under engine diagnostics.

With both P2119 (blade does not return to resting position fast enough) and P1516(desired TP not equal to actual TP) on your stock TB, I would check for a sticking/rubbing throttle blade.

This has nothing to do with the MAF.

joecar
October 31st, 2016, 07:27 AM
DrX, thanks for posting that info.