PDA

View Full Version : Looking at the ecm info and os on a locked ecm

jlb350
September 16th, 2015, 01:43 PM
A friend of mine bought a 6.7 Cummins with an ecm that we believe is tuned and locked with efi live. Is there anyway to look at just the ecm info? So that when I reflash it with my v2 I know I used the correct operating software/ calibration. Any thoughts or info would be appreciated! Thanks.

ATPCummins
September 17th, 2015, 03:14 AM
Yes, you can look at the ECM info (operating system, etc) in the scan and tune tool by selecting F4 OBD > F2 OBD > auto detect > retrieve all information.

What year of truck is it? Any 6.7L 2009 and new will have a locked ECM from the factory. Any 2007.5-2008 truck with a new replacement ECM will also be locked. The 2007.5-2012 ECMs can be unlocked by flashing in a patch file. The 2013+ ECMs will need to be unlocked with a bully dog gt tuner, or something similar.

jlb350
September 17th, 2015, 04:03 AM
Thanks for the information.. It's a 2007, I know a little history on the truck and I'm pretty sure its locked with efi live. Previous owner had a v2 and did some playing around with it himself I believe. I think its locked because when I was trying to read the stock file I kept getting an error code. I don't remember the code number but after some research, I'm pretty sure its locked.

ATPCummins
September 17th, 2015, 04:12 AM
The ECM cant really be locked with efilive. You can flash over what is in the ecm, just can read out someones tune if they apply a security block for reading.

jlb350
September 17th, 2015, 05:15 AM
Thanks for the help. We're on the same page. I just wanted to make sure that when I flashed over the current tune, I was using the correct base stock file.

jlb350
September 17th, 2015, 05:35 AM
Tuning and scanning with efi live comes pretty easy to me for the most part. It's navigating the laptop for simple info like ECM information that I struggle with haha...

ATPCummins
September 17th, 2015, 05:50 AM
Yeah, it just takes a little time digging through everything