PDA

View Full Version : Finally trying to advance past the stone age...

BlackSkyRacing
September 16th, 2015, 05:35 PM
But I fear I should stick to building engines and transmissions... I'm not what you would consider inept with a computer, I'm fairly decent at navigating and troubleshooting them... I'm just new to EFI live and how things work.

Anyways, flashed a customer's truck tonight with a CSP5 file from Dave tonight. The customer didn't opt for the switch to be installed right just this minute, so Dave informed me that I need to switch the tune on my end with the V2... Here lies my problem, my V2 seems to be buggy. It keeps telling me the required configuration file(s) could not be found. Now this applies to a few things I tried to play with, of course it says it when I try to load the switchable tunes menu. But, it also does it in the scan tool menu for selecting PIDs, and the data logging submenus.

All of my software and firmware updates are current, so I'm confused. Any help is greatly appreciated as I don't want to turn the truck over to my customer with what feels like a stock delete tune when he's expecting a 150 hp tune.

Blacky
September 17th, 2015, 01:16 AM
You need to use the [F5: BBx] option in the EFILive V8 Scan and Tune software to set up your FlashScan for standalone operation, aka BBx which encompases: BBL (Black Box Logging), BBF (Black Box Flashing) and BBR (Black Box Reading).

To allow switching you must set up at least one set of PIDs for the target controller that you want to switch. Which PIDs you select doesn't really matter so long as the controller is correct (although you may as well select the EDA PIDs since that is the only set of PIDs that can be logged using BBL on a cummins controller that has CSP5 installed). To select the entire set, just drag the EDA heading from the yellow section to the green section.

Then click the [Program] button to program that setup to your FlashScan.

After powering up FlashScan when connected to a vehicle and prior to any switching you must first make a PID selection for a controller that matches the target controller. Then you can switch the tunes.

If you only have a single controller set up in the BBX settings like in the image below, then that is automatically selected when you try to switch tunes. You won't be asked to select the PID list and by association, the controller type, since there is only one controller type to select.

Your setup should look something like this. I used CMD as an example, you should use whatever controller is in your truck.

Regards
Paul

BlackSkyRacing
September 17th, 2015, 06:43 AM
Perfect! Exactly what I needed, makes sense now. Got it all set up and working this morning in the space of a few minutes after getting a good nights sleep. Thank you very much!