PDA

View Full Version : Can EFIlive be used with dpf, egr, etc., and other deletes?

AllenT
September 18th, 2015, 11:41 AM
I'm very new to this forum and have been reading as much as I can on this subject. I have a 2008 cummins currently with a few upgraded parts (Banks intercooler, air filter, and an Edge w/Attitude controller, also upgraded exhaust to Banks (only to muffler delete). I would like to do a complete delete of the DPF, cat, egr, etc., and install intake manifold, grid heater delete kit, etc., but from what I see thus far, I can't use the EFILive. Is that correct? I live in northern new mexico, have no emissions testing, and see no problems with upgrading to enhance performance. So if I install WO2 bungs in the exhaust, use some sims in the wiring, etc., is it possible to then use this software? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks much.

Cummins610
September 18th, 2015, 03:25 PM
There is only restrictions on 2010+ trucks. No sims or any sensors needed to make your 08 work.

AllenT
September 19th, 2015, 06:31 AM
There is only restrictions on 2010+ trucks. No sims or any sensors needed to make your 08 work.

Thank you Cummins610. So by removing the exhaust from the turbo back and loosing the 2 O2 sensors that are in the DPF (correct?, how does the tune work? I'm still trying to wrap my head around how I'll be able to get a tune from someone to work. From what I've gathered in the Dodge 6.7 forums are that I need a "tuner" to compensate for the "deletes", which I'm assuming means that since I loose the two O2 sensors there must be away for the "tuner" to overcome that loss of signal---hope this is making sense anyway. Like I said, I'm very new to this tuning bit. I like the idea of buying a tuner and a custom tune that can more thoroughly provide what I want, rather than just a monitor. My Edge w/Atitude was OK, but I really didn't "see" a big difference between some of the pre-packaged tunes it included (except maybe with the tow). If I buy a complete exhaust (AFE's Mach Force XP 4" turbo-back race exhaust) and also Shibby Engineering's throttle-valve delete w/ inline heater, an EGR cooler delete system, and their intake manifold, would there be a "tune" available for purchase and what other items would I need, etc. ?

Cummins610
September 19th, 2015, 08:00 AM
Do you have any desire to create your own tune? This would involve making your own timing,duration and limiter tables with hurdles along the way to make everything work. If no, then purchase a autocal from a tuner, such as PPEI, Hardway, ATP among others. You will simply load their tune using EFILIVE hardware and their tunes will take care of all the sensor needs. You will also need a CSP switch if your wanting to be able to change hp on the fly. If you have other questions send me a personal message, this forum is more dedicated to the dealer end of things and not consumer.

AllenT
September 19th, 2015, 08:40 AM
Thanks Cummins610; also pretty new to posting on forums in general. How does one go about sending PM to forum members, etc.?