PDA

View Full Version : will the pcm 19980100 ever be supported???

Blackbird
February 19th, 2004, 09:24 AM
by flashscan or fully supported by efilive?

or do I need to start shopping for a different 98 pcm?

jsbird98
March 5th, 2004, 02:10 PM
Feb 20th to now with no answer.......well I guess that is your answer ol buddy.
J:D

emarkay
March 6th, 2004, 02:03 AM
There's no way I can confirm that info, but, and this is a probable but, your question may have been overlooked in the recent rush of work... If you don't get an answer in a few days, do PM or email Paul. This goes for anyone!

Paul even has posted that there have been some communication problems lately, so don't be afraid to ask repeatedly until you get at least an acknowledgement!

Jsbird, I'd rather have seen a bit more constructive of a reply, but thanks for your input... :?

MRK

Blacky
March 6th, 2004, 10:20 AM
Sorry guys, I did not see this post until now. If you are looking for a response, just post a ne comment with TTT in it (To The Top). That way it will get looked at again.

As for the 97/98's, we hear the need loud and clear. We are looking at the whole 97/98 tuning support issues again. I have been told by our tech guys that if we do an editor for the 97/98 PCMs it will have less features/capabilities than the 99-04 models - simply because the PCM has less features/capabilities.

Regards
Paul

dissonance
March 6th, 2004, 03:24 PM
what kind of features are we talking about?

also will this mean the 98 pcm will now work with 100% of features in version 6? would a 99 pcm work? or will we be suck with the hardware for 98? could the pcm's tune it's self be flashed in to a 99 pcm and get 10x24 support and all the other things the 98 can't do?

GMPX
March 6th, 2004, 04:40 PM
The 97/98 PCM has TOTALLY different internal hardware than the 99+ PCM, therefore (if I am understanding your post correctly) you cannot update a 97/98 PCM to run the 1999+ programs.
Kinda like trying to run MacOS on a Pentium!.

The other issue is the pinouts between the 97/98 and 1999+ PCM is different, so an easy swap (upgrade) ain't so easy.

I sympathise with the 97/98 guys, I used to own an 83 Cross-fire injected TransAm, try finding ANYONE who does upgrades for those, yeah everyone did something for the 1985 TPI's. Same scenario really.

We do hear your wishes 97/98 guys.

jsbird98
March 19th, 2004, 11:26 AM
There's no way I can confirm that info, but, and this is a probable but, your question may have been overlooked in the recent rush of work... If you don't get an answer in a few days, do PM or email Paul. This goes for anyone!

Paul even has posted that there have been some communication problems lately, so don't be afraid to ask repeatedly until you get at least an acknowledgement!

Jsbird, I'd rather have seen a bit more constructive of a reply, but thanks for your input... :?

MRK

No offense to anyone who runs this board, but I was just calling it how I saw it. Thats quite the gap to respond to something, I am used to admin or other members that respond quickly on LS1tech.
But it was effective in getting a response right? But like I said, no offense meant at all. If you see a post with no answers/replies might want to check in on that though, us new guys need all the help we can get, right :?
Glad to see some support for the 98, however limited its still something and something is better than nothing in my book.
J :D