PDA

View Full Version : lq4 and 411 pcm swap in 98 suburban

Eric
October 6th, 2015, 11:07 AM
Hi everyone , havent been here in a bit . I finished my second swap of this sort , lq4 in a 98 suburban with a 411 pcm. Lextech was great when i did my first one, lots of help. Everything is great and it runs fine but i am just wondering about a U1255 dtc which is lose of communication between moduals i am getting , i looked in my tune and the procession and mil is turned off for that so i imagine the BCM is looking for the old PCM and is setting that code, is it possible that the BCM could set this code . Thank you . eric

Eric
October 7th, 2015, 09:48 AM
Anybody know about this. It is probably not important , it may not come back once i clear it , just not at my friends to do so till next week. eric

joecar
October 7th, 2015, 01:25 PM
Looks like one or more of the other modules is not able to talk with the PCM... like you said, probably the BCM.

Eric
October 10th, 2015, 04:11 PM
Thanks Joe, yes i guess that is it. I did not know the BCM could set a code, it is not the pcm as i checked and the processing for that u1255 is off. I will look into this next week when i see my friend to finish a couple things up on the suburban.

Eric
October 10th, 2015, 04:21 PM
I know i could see if the 98 suburban uses PWM for communication between moduals or the newer class 2 , i am sure it is PWM. I could match that up but we are not even using the vats security as my friend has an aftermarket alarm system . I am sure that it would work though if i set the PCM to the same communication format as the BCM and did a vats relearn.