PDA

View Full Version : Maps (A,B,C,D, etc.) Changing When I Load a PID File

edwardzracing
October 7th, 2015, 10:17 AM
I don't know if this is normal or not, but it sure is frustrating. It seems when I load a PID file, my "Maps" will change to other map configurations that I may have used in the past. Then I have to clear the map and reload the one(s) I want to work with. Is this normal? Is there a way to disable it so that the scan tool remembers the maps I'm using and doesn't clear them or switch them to another map? It's extremely frustrating. If someone can help, I'd sure appreciate it. Thanks!

Brad

joecar
October 7th, 2015, 01:30 PM
Hi Brad,

Look in the folder Documents\EFILive\V7.5\Maps and see if there are any .mls files... if there any, look at their contents...

my understanding:
when you load a log file that uses a pid file named wxyz.pid (in the PIDs folder), if there exists a file named wxyz.mls (in the Maps folder) then it will be loaded to redefine the map letter tabs.

edwardzracing
October 8th, 2015, 04:29 AM
I didn't see any other .mls file other than the one I believe that comes installed with efilive (example.mls). However, your help made it possible for me to just specify what maps I want to use with the PID file that I typically use anyways, so I think I got this all straightened out. As always, your help is greatly appreciated. Thank you, Joe.

Brad