PDA

View Full Version : modified calc_pids to use W02Ben only

Jetmech442
October 12th, 2015, 08:41 AM
Joecar mentioned using the WB02ben exclusively for tuning both CL and Open Loop. I am 99% sure that the way to do this is to modify the iff statement for SELBEN. I have replaced Calc.LTFTBen with Calc.W02BEN like this:

"iff({CALC.CL}, {CALC.WO2BEN}, {CALC.WO2BEN})"

Thought this might help someone. Can I get a few peeps to confirm this for anyone else that is looking for this info?

joecar
October 12th, 2015, 02:26 PM
That's probably the simplest easiest to understand :cheers:

Another way is to go like this:
"iff(0, {CALC.LTFTBEN}, {CALC.WO2BEN})"

the 0 causes the iff() to always evaluate {CALC.WO2BEN},
but this this is a little tricker if you're not a programmer (it's easy to confuse 0 and 1).

Jetmech442
October 13th, 2015, 10:25 AM
Thanks Joe!

I also wanted to add that when you are ONLY using WO2BEN, the following should be turned off:
{B3801} - LTFT: Disable
{B4205} - Closed Loop Enable Temp:I set this temp to 140C so that it never enters CL
{B4206} - Use 02 with Open Loop Commanded Fuel: Set to Disable

Joe mentioned if you have a COS(Customn Operatin System) then also:
{B3647} - No Cells set to Stoich (i.e. all cells not equal to EQ 1 or fi your displaying AFR, no cells set to the same thing that {B3601} is set to.
{B3649} - Same as B3647

The reason I think these need to be turned off is because the SELBEN factor is calculated now based on EQ*W02Lambda. Commanded EQ doesn't tell you if LTFTs are added so the correction factor would be off.

--wanted to add that none of this is my doing(except for my opinion at the end), I just wanted to share knowledge gained from talking to JoeCar.

joecar
October 13th, 2015, 01:58 PM
No worries.

Yes, correct, except B3647/B3649 stoich cells use STFT to do trimming.