PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Polaris Sling Shot Support

DaveGuy
October 15th, 2015, 03:11 AM
I received a few calls from owners of 2015 Polaris Sling Shots looking for tunes and I was wondering if you would be supporting this platform. They have a 2.4L Ecotec V4 in them and looks like a GM controller. I haven't been able to read the ECM as of yet. The vehicle haven't been to my shop yet. Will I be able to read the vehicles and program them? This could be a neat little niche to break into.
Thank You,
Dave McClain
Precision Dyno
401-996-2166

GMPX
October 15th, 2015, 09:26 AM
No idea Dave, it might be a GM controller but with customised software that is nothing like GM's cars (like the MEFI-5 is an E67 but nothing like GM's version).

ScarabEpic22
October 15th, 2015, 05:21 PM
I looked at the Polaris website, it appears to be a standard 2.4L I4 Ecotec. I'd hook a FS V2 to one and read it out, who knows? It could simply be a special VIN running a regular GM OS (unlikely but possible).

minytrker
October 16th, 2015, 01:26 AM
I dont know about the polaris but the new big hoss trikes with ls motors use a gm computer but its a marine ecm that isnt supported by anything. I would guess the atv's use something similar, but thats purely a guess.

ScarabEpic22
October 16th, 2015, 10:21 AM
I dont know about the polaris but the new big hoss trikes with ls motors use a gm computer but its a marine ecm that isnt supported by anything. I would guess the atv's use something similar, but thats purely a guess.

Ugh, so it'd likely be what Ross said...MEFI5. :(

DURAtotheMAX
October 17th, 2015, 02:18 PM
The slingshot does have ESC, so the ECM might be slightly more advanced than a "bare bones" marine ECM...since it has to interface with ABS, gauges, and stability control/traction control systems.....

Ben

October 18th, 2015, 05:00 AM
The Slingshot uses an E78 based MEFI-6.

GMPX
October 18th, 2015, 09:59 AM
Then no it is not supported if MEFI-6, it runs non GM software.

DURAtotheMAX
October 19th, 2015, 02:37 AM
The Slingshot uses an E78 based MEFI-6.

Interesting...it must have some pretty custom software in it to support CAN-based torque reduction requests and all of the other info that is pertinent to proper ESC/TCS function...obviously none of which would be incorporated into the standard MEFI marine application software.

Ben

October 20th, 2015, 12:15 PM
Interesting...it must have some pretty custom software in it to support CAN-based torque reduction requests and all of the other info that is pertinent to proper ESC/TCS function...obviously none of which would be incorporated into the standard MEFI marine application software.

Ben

The custom software was not intended to be compatible with a standard E78. It does not have TCS support as far as I know.

DURAtotheMAX
October 20th, 2015, 12:25 PM
The custom software was not intended to be compatible with a standard E78. It does not have TCS support as far as I know.

The slingshot has factory stability control and traction control...so the ECM has to incorporate some form of CAN-based torque controls...

ben